Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: From a King to a Shark  (Read 3607 times)

Gandrtravis

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 cvo dyna inferno red and desert black sold
    • CVO2: 2014 cvo road king tribal orange and galactic black traded
    • CVO3: 2018 cvo road glide gunship grey
Re: From a King to a Shark
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 05:42:51 PM »

Not trying to thread jack you but just went on another trip with my new road glide and I can’t believe how stable it is I think I’ve rode this bike faster than anything before maybe accept my cvo dyna. But low wind and very stable I never had a bike that I can run 100+ mph all day and not feel that tired at the end of the day. No more head shake like I got with my bat at high speed I could sit on the 110 speed limiter all day no issues even in the corners. If you can tell I’m still impressed every ride lol.

harleychef2011

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 Road King - Tribal Orange & Galactic Black
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 03:30:46 PM »

So now that you have had it a couple months... what do you think?!?  I'm thinking of trading in my SERK as well.  Loving both the 18's and 19's on the Road Glide.

I rented a Street Glide a few months back and didn't enjoy it.  I haven't driven a Road Glide, which is the only thing holding me back from buying one...but I LOVE the visual of them.

How do you like it?  Any regrets?
2014 CVO Road King
V&H Power Duals
V&H Carbon Fiber Tip Pipes
HD Super Tuner & Dyno - 98.7 HP 112.9TQ
RoadTech 665 GPS
Mucho HD Add-Ons!!!

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »

So now that you have had it a couple months... what do you think?!?  I'm thinking of trading in my SERK as well.  Loving both the 18's and 19's on the Road Glide.

I rented a Street Glide a few months back and didn't enjoy it.  I haven't driven a Road Glide, which is the only thing holding me back from buying one...but I LOVE the visual of them.

How do you like it?  Any regrets?

No regrets at all. I love it. Just got home from a 950 mile trip to Scotland. The weather was atrocious (hard rain and strong winds) but the bike took it all in its stride. It is so stable and handles much better than my 14 SERK did. It's so easy to ride. I think the front end is much better but the rear is much the same suspension wise.

The motor is so smooth and responsive. As its still stock its very quiet and it caught me out a couple of times. I was doing 70-80 very comfortably before I realised I was in 3rd and needed to change up to get better fuel mileage! Looking to get a Fullsac system on it over the winter.

I've not got to grips with the infotainment system yet. The nav seems to be ok but as I have never had music on a bike before I can't get very interested in it. I'm off to Germany for 10 days in a weeks time so will probably put some effort into working it all out.

I had never ridden a RG before so took out a 16 CVO Ultra before I decided to swap. I needn't have worried about the feeling with a fixed fairing. It actually felt quite natural very quickly and I'm now hooked on the shark. I love the look as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.