Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac and TTS  (Read 2390 times)

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
Fullsac and TTS
« on: September 03, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »

I am shortly getting a 19 RG CVO in the pepper red.  The pipe that come with bike have titanium looking heat shields. Since there are no aftermarket (that i know of) that come in that color I am going with Fullsac, 2.25 cores and their header.  I have used Steve’s product once before on my 09.
My dealer is several states away (NJ vs FL).  He does not recommend TTS, suggests that I go with Power Vision.  I have used PV before when I installed Vance & Hines pipes.  Easy to use and all that.  I know many folks here have used both Fullsac and TTS and have not read of any issues or concerns but thought I would check in for any opinions on what is better.  I don’t plan on making engine or cam changes, but one never knows.  Thanks all.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Fullsac and TTS
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 11:11:46 PM »

If you are having it dyno tuned then use what the tuner recommends. If going with the base map from Steve I would stick with the TTS.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 08:13:59 AM »

I am shortly getting a 19 RG CVO in the pepper red.  The pipe that come with bike have titanium looking heat shields. Since there are no aftermarket (that i know of) that come in that color I am going with Fullsac, 2.25 cores and their header.  I have used Steve’s product once before on my 09.
My dealer is several states away (NJ vs FL).  He does not recommend TTS, suggests that I go with Power Vision.  I have used PV before when I installed Vance & Hines pipes.  Easy to use and all that.  I know many folks here have used both Fullsac and TTS and have not read of any issues or concerns but thought I would check in for any opinions on what is better.  I don’t plan on making engine or came changes, but one never knows.  Thanks all.

I’m using Steve’s exhaust system and tts on my 2017 cvo. Good customer support and no issues.
I’ve been using his systems for about 10 yrs now on my past bikes and am very satisfied with the results.
I’m not interested in playing with the tune, once and done is my choice. Don’t need/want any other screens or add ons to distract my ride.
TTS gives me the easy option if I change any engine parts, but I’m past all that!
JMHO and many years of using what works for me.
Good luck
Just got back from 4100 mile trip and the bike ran flawlessly.
HOGMIKE

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 08:27:53 AM »

I would go with the TTS, they already have a map for the Fullsac head pipe and baffles.  The reason is, TTS can reflash the factory Map if you ever need warranty work.

Harley will void your warranty for a Head pipe or a Tuner. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 01:06:26 PM »

It will be interesting to see if any aftermarket systems get designed for this color combo.  Since so few are being produced, I would think that the aftermarket manufacturers would struggle with producing just a few.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 04:21:36 PM »

thanks for the feedback all.  I am going to go with the TTS and the 2.25 cores.  I am very comfortable with this direction.

T

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 10:35:48 AM »

I'm leaning in that direction as well.  Fuel Moto has been great, and I hate to go away from them.  But with no options to keep the stock look, I may be heading the fullsac direction.  May wait until spring anyways to see what happens over the winter.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

MakoCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 08:18:48 PM »

I think you are referring to the heat shields that come w/your Red Pepper CVO.  You can use a Bassani head pipe with your stock heat shields, not sure about the Fullsac.  I also know the Rinehart 4" muffler works w/the stock heat shields as well, as most should. 

2019 CVO Road Glide
2018 Anniversary Breakout - sold
1995 Fat Boy - sold

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 08:34:19 PM »

Stock heat shields, regardless of color, will fit the Fulsac headpipe.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 09:32:39 PM »

My dealer is several states away (NJ vs FL).  He does not recommend TTS, suggests that I go with Power Vision.  I have used PV before when I installed Vance & Hines pipes.  Easy to use and all that.  I know many folks here have used both Fullsac and TTS and have not read of any issues or concerns but thought I would check in for any opinions on what is better.  I don’t plan on making engine or cam changes, but one never knows.  Thanks all.

Please have a discussion with Steve before doing this or finalizing your parts list.

One of the new considerations is that HD Techs can tell if the HD ECU or a map has been altered even if it has been returned to the factory stock HD map. The data is now stored in a few places besides the stock ECU in the newer HD CAN BUS systems.

If the factory warranty isn’t a consideration then you may not care about this.

Steve is a top notch guy and will do a great job for you.

Ride Safe.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:34:10 PM by CVOStreetglide »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 11:55:21 PM »

Please have a discussion with Steve before doing this or finalizing your parts list.

One of the new considerations is that HD Techs can tell if the HD ECU or a map has been altered even if it has been returned to the factory stock HD map. The data is now stored in a few places besides the stock ECU in the newer HD CAN BUS systems.

If the factory warranty isn’t a consideration then you may not care about this.

Steve is a top notch guy and will do a great job for you.

Ride Safe.
unless something has changed between the 17 and 19 the TTS does have the ability to switch back to stock without leaving a trace. Speaking from experience
Alan

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 07:11:37 AM »

unless something has changed between the 17 and 19 the TTS does have the ability to switch back to stock without leaving a trace. Speaking from experience

The Harley Zone Rep told me that a flag is set somewhere in the CAN BUS system any time the stock configuration has been altered.  The HD Digital Tech Instrument can see the change flag.

Having said that I still would be having a conversation with Steve at TTS to verify before I started spending upgrade $$$.

We all agree its al BS but it is/was part of the consent agreement with the EPA when the original Screamin Eagle tuners were rendered obsolete with the rollout of the M8 platform and new Screamin Eagle tuners.

Regards

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 07:36:01 AM »

The Harley Zone Rep told me that a flag is set somewhere in the CAN BUS system any time the stock configuration has been altered.  The HD Digital Tech Instrument can see the change flag.

Having said that I still would be having a conversation with Steve at TTS to verify before I started spending upgrade $$$.

We all agree its al BS but it is/was part of the consent agreement with the EPA when the original Screamin Eagle tuners were rendered obsolete with the rollout of the M8 platform and new Screamin Eagle tuners.

Regards

I was chatting with Vance and Hines about this very subject a few days ago and this is what they had to say...

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 10:40:45 AM »

That’s exactly what I was trying to convey BEFORE he spent any money and/or lost his factory warranty.

I’ll be having a few beers with my HD guy at Daytona Biketoberfest and will try and pry some more detail from him.

Regards

Jerry

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »

Various flags are most likely set in the CAN bus system for any updates, such as changes to items controlled by the BCM.  Not all changes involve the powertrain, some are just software updates, enabling or disabling of various electrical options, etc.  What you need to know is whether flags are set in multiple places for changes made to the calibration file for the engine management system.  That's the one that will affect your powertrain warranty, not all the other stuff.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 24 queries.