Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: New slip one and 1k service.  (Read 3582 times)

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

New slip one and 1k service.
« on: September 06, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »

Got my scooter in for its 1k service. At the same time I want to put some slip ons on. I heard the CFRs are nice. But I hear about a torque loss. Does any one have any insight. It’s an 18 with the 117. And other recommendations  would be appreciated.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

bobbym

• Full CVO Member
Re: New slip one and 1k service.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 10:09:53 AM »

I had cfr on my 110 awesome pipes! I have a 117 but don’t want to chance warranty’s issusses! They don’t have cat in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »

I’m just going cat back from dealer should have no issues with warranty.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

bobbym

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 10:17:21 AM »

They were awesome very loud and lots of torque my 110 was a stage 3! My 117 is stage 4 I put fullsac 225 on it not even close but ok for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 10:53:56 AM »

CFR's sound good but the performance is poor unless you like to ride at 3,500+ rpm all the time.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 11:31:13 AM »

I don’t plan on riding that high rpm. Do you have any other suggestions.

NH Bulldog

• Full CVO Member
    • NH

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 CVO Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 11:38:27 AM »

I have Cobra Neighbor-Haters and like the sound and the performance
2017 CVO Limited - Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue with Wicked Sapphire
Red Knights MAL

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 12:58:15 PM »

I don’t plan on riding that high rpm. Do you have any other suggestions.

Fullsac CVO Cores, Crushers, S&S to name a few....

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 07:52:14 PM »

Thanks I think Im going to go with the full sac baffles. Looks like they aren't that hard to do yourself. The only thing I worry about is taking the saddle bag off.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »

Got my scooter in for its 1k service. At the same time I want to put some slip ons on. I heard the CFRs are nice. But I hear about a torque loss. Does any one have any insight. It’s an 18 with the 117. And other recommendations  would be appreciated.
If you have the stock header (which has the catalytic converter in it), you won't have much if any TQ loss with the CFRs.  The CFRs are a problem if you have a non-cat header.

Also, with a non-cat header, the CFRs are LOUD.  Not bad with a cat--have a nice rumble.

This is from my experience with both cat and non-cat systems.  Currently running knock-off CFRs on my 2018 RGU with HD Stg 3 kit and stock header (to keep TQ loss in check).  Googled and bought megaphone mufflers for $185 w/ free shipping.  Made sure they were for M8 engine, not TC.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 05:16:03 AM »

If you have the stock header (which has the catalytic converter in it), you won't have much if any TQ loss with the CFRs.  The CFRs are a problem if you have a non-cat header.

Also, with a non-cat header, the CFRs are LOUD.  Not bad with a cat--have a nice rumble.

This is from my experience with both cat and non-cat systems.  Currently running knock-off CFRs on my 2018 RGU with HD Stg 3 kit and stock header (to keep TQ loss in check).  Googled and bought megaphone mufflers for $185 w/ free shipping.  Made sure they were for M8 engine, not TC.
Thanks I actually talked to a friend of mine who actually works at harley and said the same. I was able to secure a set of CFRs form someone on the site selling them.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 08:53:06 AM »

So here’s an update. Last night I got those CFRs on they sound great. Thanks  SDCVO for getting them out to me that transaction went real smooth.

The only problem that I encountered was the one for the right side had to be taken to a muffler shop to have expanded. The guy did me a solid and didn’t charge me. Then it fit right on. 

I’m not sure if I’m sold on them cause they way they sit on the bike.  They sit real close to the saddlebag.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »

There’s about a quarter inch between the bag and the pipe. And all that space to the rear fender.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 09:22:42 AM »

Are these designated left / right only?
Or is there a recessed location to clear the lower shock mount?
Seems to be off centered in the picture.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 09:27:26 AM »

Could it be the header pipe outlets on your bike turn out a little.
Look at the original muffler in let  as you look straight down the body to check alignment.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.