Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Big Mistake!  (Read 8530 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Big Mistake!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 08:59:38 AM »

did ya get a fair deal?

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »

did ya get a fair deal?

Fair enough that I bought it!  Started the day and they were asking 1500 over MSRP and not willing to give enough for my bike.   Also supposedly "had someone else coming in later to buy it if I didn't"  I walked out in the morning and went home,  they called me later in the afternoon and said the other person could not get financed and they were willing to come down to MSRP and go heavy enough in my bike that we got it done  :)   Wrapped it up the same day.

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 04:32:15 PM »

That's a striking color, congrats....beautiful bike.
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 07:49:51 AM »

Me too!    I am not into all of this black out theme that seems to dominate the new Harleys.    My kids say it's because I am old!

I am a chrome guy too. Never liked the blacked out. But...I went with the 19 in red pepper and yes, blacked out. Bike is in but in NJ. Have to get her down to FL. Working on that now.

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 03:38:30 PM »

Congratulations on the new bike!
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 08:29:40 PM »

I must say I do like the color scheme...So many have sucked...Phreakyz I just drove passed AD last Sunday..Congrats!  O-H!
I will agree with Fred786..Not a blacked out fan..It does chip off...Give me my chrome..Hope your dealer can help you out with that.. :(

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 11:32:43 PM »

I never liked the "black" look either and my kids would always call me a old man and "not with it". In 12 I got the Maple Roadglide with was mostly chrome with black accents and I loved it. Then in 17 I got the Streetglide which was mostly black with chrome accents and loved that. Now my Mako Shark just came in which is blacked out and I really love that. Tastes change for sure, my kids still call me a "old man" though..
Alan

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 07:30:33 AM »

I must say I do like the color scheme...So many have sucked...Phreakyz I just drove passed AD last Sunday..Congrats!  O-H!
I will agree with Fred786..Not a blacked out fan..It does chip off...Give me my chrome..Hope your dealer can help you out with that.. :(
I-O My Brother!    Maybe next year someone can organize and Ohio Chapter get together??    Maybe coordinate it with Ohio Bike week or something....

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 07:31:53 AM »

I never liked the "black" look either and my kids would always call me a old man and "not with it". In 12 I got the Maple Roadglide with was mostly chrome with black accents and I loved it. Then in 17 I got the Streetglide which was mostly black with chrome accents and loved that. Now my Mako Shark just came in which is blacked out and I really love that. Tastes change for sure, my kids still call me a "old man" though..
Let's see some pics of that beast??

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 10:41:06 AM »

Fair enough that I bought it!  Started the day and they were asking 1500 over MSRP and not willing to give enough for my bike.   Also supposedly "had someone else coming in later to buy it if I didn't"  I walked out in the morning and went home,  they called me later in the afternoon and said the other person could not get financed and they were willing to come down to MSRP and go heavy enough in my bike that we got it done  :)   Wrapped it up the same day.

Beautiful bike...congratulations!

And smart play with your being patient and negotiating make it all the better.

I think they have your trade listed on their website for $33k so the discounting they did for you they hope to make up on the next guy who maybe isn't as savvy. But that's how the game goes.

Whenever a dealer tells me they have a (straw) buyer wanting the bike so I better jump on it I tell them no worries I have another dealer to go see when I leave here who has the exact same bike and the Sales Manager who won't stop calling quoted me a better deal over the phone that beats your offer by $_____________ OTD if I buy it today. I just wanted to see what you could do before I pulled the trigger to insure his offer was the great deal he claimed.....

No dealer ever wants to let a serious and qualified buyer leave the store. Its funny how fast they can get down to the right numbers with a just little well placed prodding. Trust me if they had another serious and qualified buyer wanting that bike one of the salesman or the Sales Manager himself would have already had a "hold tag" on it since selling a CVO pays them a premium commission which every salesman lives for. I can't tell you how many times a salesman has chased me to my truck....."wait, wait, wait" my boss wants to rework the numbers he thinks we can get there or even beat it.  LOL.

Enjoy the new ride.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 11:55:13 PM »

nice bike . I love that scheme.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2018, 12:10:34 AM »

Let's see some pics of that beast??
getting "set up"
Alan

MakoCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2018, 08:06:05 PM »

getting "set up"

What are you getting done?
2019 CVO Road Glide
2018 Anniversary Breakout - sold
1995 Fat Boy - sold

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 12:18:55 AM »

What are you getting done?
right now at stereo shop getting crazy system installed, going to sound amazing when done. Should be done on Thursday then dealer can finish switching over rest of mods from 17 SG. CA has still not approved the stage 4 and I don't want to take delivery until bike is complete. really hope Harley gets the approval next week as everything else will be done and it will drive me insane to keep waiting!
Alan

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 07:16:48 AM »

right now at stereo shop getting crazy system installed, going to sound amazing when done. Should be done on Thursday then dealer can finish switching over rest of mods from 17 SG. CA has still not approved the stage 4 and I don't want to take delivery until bike is complete. really hope Harley gets the approval next week as everything else will be done and it will drive me insane to keep waiting!

Would love to see some pics and details of the sound system mods!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.