Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thurlow Leather  (Read 4252 times)

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
Thurlow Leather
« on: April 27, 2007, 01:21:42 PM »

Hey, has anyone had contact with or know anything about whether or not Thurlow Leather is still in business?
Their website home page is still active, BUT the domain name is for sale and I've been unable to contact them either via email or by phone.
I bought a pair of their deerskin seamless palm riding gloves some 29 years ago, and they are essentially unscathed despite frequent use.
All their garments are made of deerskin. Breathes better than cow or horse hide, wider temperature comfort range, more puncture resistant, and will not stiffen with repeated wetting. I hope they're not out of business as I'd like to buy one of their jackets. Will kick myself for not buying a jacket years ago, but then I'd probably wouldn't fit in it anymore anyway. You know, with all that middle age 'muscle' I've built up the last 15 years.

Jeepwatchman

Re: Thurlow Leather
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 06:00:35 PM »

Not sure about Thurlow, but I got my leather jacket from Fox Creek leather and man o man, is that jacket soft!  Their stuff is made in the USA and thick!  They also have a life time warranty on their stuff.  You might want to check them out.  They aren't cheap, but they are well made.

I don't know what size you wear, but I have a size 52 for sale over in the classified section.
Howard
USAF(Ret.)
2003 FLHRI
Iron Butt #26949
Patriot Guard Rider

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »

Jeepwatchman;

Thanx for the info on Fox Creek. I already have their website bookmarked and will probably end up buying one of their jackets.
 your jacket would be a mite big on me as I'm presently a size 46-48, though if I keep on eatin' the way I've been lately, I'll be needin' that 52 pretty soon!

leoniru

Tros

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 07:00:59 PM »

Did Thurlow go out of business?

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 06:01:40 AM »

When I was looking last year they still had a retail outlet , but were not responsive over the net.
I ended up with a Fox Creek set , including thier deerskin gloves and am quite happy
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 07:30:23 AM »

I've been trying the phone # listed on their website to no avail. When dialed, you get a fax tone; so, I tried sending a fax (successfull transmission confirmed) asking for them to respond either by fax or email ----- nothing. Last hope is to try a good ol' fashion letter.

As I live in Pa., it would be a bit of a ride to go on over there and see if they are still around. I don't think I could sell that one to the wifey
Any way you look at it, it doesn't speak positively about the business ----either out of business, on their way out of business, or possibly some type of personal problem. I sure would like to know for sure though, before I go Fox Creek, Vanson, Bates, or Shott. I'd prefer a deerskin jacket to steer/cow/horse hide.

Any one out there live nearby Thurlow?
Address is: 4807 Mercury Street, Suite E San Diego, CA 92111
If so, swing by and see if they have any of their style 148, S98, or S99 men's jackets in size 46. Dark brown or black color!

leoniru

Tros

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »

I've been trying the phone # listed on their website to no avail. When dialed, you get a fax tone; so, I tried sending a fax (successfull transmission confirmed) asking for them to respond either by fax or email ----- nothing. Last hope is to try a good ol' fashion letter.

As I live in Pa., it would be a bit of a ride to go on over there and see if they are still around. I don't think I could sell that one to the wifey
Any way you look at it, it doesn't speak positively about the business ----either out of business, on their way out of business, or possibly some type of personal problem. I sure would like to know for sure though, before I go Fox Creek, Vanson, Bates, or Shott. I'd prefer a deerskin jacket to steer/cow/horse hide.

Any one out there live nearby Thurlow?
Address is: 4807 Mercury Street, Suite E San Diego, CA 92111
If so, swing by and see if they have any of their style 148, S98, or S99 men's jackets in size 46. Dark brown or black color!

leoniru

I think Spiderman lives in San Diego, you might PM him about checking them out.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.