Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Favorite Mods  (Read 5503 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: Favorite Mods
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 05:08:58 AM »

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 05:10:04 AM »

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 09:01:12 AM »

Aussie,

I like the new twin gauges. What do you do with the data regarding temp? You have got to be running hot in the heat of your summer. Now you can see exactly how hot. So what do you do, shut it down when it reaches certain temps? Or just watch the gauge for extreme changes?

Kona76
Mike K.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2007, 09:04:28 AM »

Looks good Ausie, got a question though. From these pics it looks like you got the deep air filter design. I thought in previous posts some time ago you said that filter couldnt be used with the forward controls?

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 06:21:49 PM »

Looks good Ausie, got a question though. From these pics it looks like you got the deep air filter design. I thought in previous posts some time ago you said that filter couldnt be used with the forward controls?

Reo,

Good spotting & a good memory too! Yes I am running the Zippers wide filter at the moment & yes there were 2 issues I had with it. 1st was the tear drop cover did not cover the filter (the filter is 5/8inch wider) but for now I am living with that as my stage 1 K&N element screamin eagle air filter that fits nicely inside the cover simply did not allow my engine to breathe & was robbing me of 5hp, so for 5hp I can live with it. 2nd was my leg was rubbing on the teardrop cover & was a little uncomfortable but 2lane gave me a little tip & I made a couple of 1 inch spacers to offset my forward controls out a bit & it made all the difference.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 06:33:55 PM »

Aussie,

I like the new twin gauges. What do you do with the data regarding temp? You have got to be running hot in the heat of your summer. Now you can see exactly how hot. So what do you do, shut it down when it reaches certain temps? Or just watch the gauge for extreme changes?
Kona76
Mike K.

Kona,

It is probably more of an anal thing I just like to be able to know what is going on in there. But I do use it for warming up purposes as I dont like to ride until the oil is around 150 & never go over 4000rpm until the oil is around 200. Like I said it is a bit anal but thats just the way I am. Crikey I have OCD bad I can be anal too!

It just sends a chill down my spine when I see guys start there engine rev it a few times till it clears & then drop the clutch  :nixweiss: well its their loss.

Cheers
Aussie

PS: It wont over heat, I have a thermostaticaly controlled oil cooler which helps with quicker warming up & last summer I was riding very hard in 105 temps & oil got to 230 on my oil tank dipstick gauge
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:42:22 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »

Reo,

Good spotting & a good memory too! Yes I am running the Zippers wide filter at the moment & yes there were 2 issues I had with it. 1st was the tear drop cover did not cover the filter (the filter is 5/8inch wider) but for now I am living with that as my stage 1 K&N element screamin eagle air filter that fits nicely inside the cover simply did not allow my engine to breathe & was robbing me of 5hp, so for 5hp I can live with it. 2nd was my leg was rubbing on the teardrop cover & was a little uncomfortable but 2lane gave me a little tip & I made a couple of 1 inch spacers to offset my forward controls out a bit & it made all the difference.

Cheers
Aussie
That zippers filter is the best for flow. I put the shorter zippers filter on my fatboy because the teardrop filter does stick out farther and with my wife driving it she doesn't like it. Have you thought about modifying that rubber peice between the filter and the teardrop hairdrier or maybe even taking it out to bring the cover in farther towards the motor? On my seeg I use the deep zippers filter and the chrome cover goes right over the filter without that rubber peice that holds the hairdrier in place. I believe the rubber peice is there just to keep the the cover from turning but whith it being about 1/2 plus deep it shure is anying........Roy

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »

1. Headlight Nacelle (now has dual lamp housing with HID lighting, there is nothing better than this)
2. T-Bars (Burleigh Bars)
3. H D Forward controls
4. Zippers 575G cams, Feuling pump & lifters, PCIII (105hp & 109ft/lb tq) :) :) :) :)
5. Highway pegs
6. Rocker box mounted oil pressure gauge
7. Mini saddle bags (leather tool boxes)
8. 2 into 1 lake pipe
9. Kuryakyn LED fuel/battery gauge & flush gas cap
10. Braided fuel line
11. Braided fuel cross over line
12. Finned cylinder head inserts (around spark plugs)
13. Laydown licence plate
14. Arlen Ness tear drop mirrors
15. Oil cooler including braided lines & Russell fittings
16. 2 inch over fork tubes (had to raise the front, I could not get around corners with out scraping & scraping my CVO on the
     road was not an option)
17. Kuryakyn smoked lens LED tail light
18. Mini bullet turn signals
19. Lyndall brake pads
20. Clock
21. Oil pressure & oil temp gauges rocker box mounted (wimmer machine dual mount)

Not necessarily in this order but the Headlight Nacelle is probably still No 1.

Everything I do or have done is a favourite mod

Plus many more bits & pieces including lots of chrome goodies & yet nothing I regret buying or would not buy again.

Still to come (parts I have):
1. 200 rear end including chrome rear fender (getting closer now)
2. 48.5mm Throttle Body

Mods on the wish list
1. Big radius 2 into 1 (should arrive in a couple of days, will be fitted before the end of May)
2. Baker DD6
3. Chrome gas tank
4. 103 plus heads, 10.5:1 pistons, bigger cams (113 or even 120!) will a 124 fit?
5. Eagle horn cover (still not sure about this one)
6. 2007 SERK speedometer/tacho & then 1-1/2inch chunky T-Bars with built in 6 inch pull back risers

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:54:53 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

screamin eagle

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 09:52:49 AM »

Aussie,  This is the latest photo with all of the MOD's finished.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »

That's gprgeous man!!

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2007, 09:21:41 AM »

The ride in this picture, is one of the very reasons I ride at all. Damn fine ride.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 03:19:35 PM »

screamin,

It doesnt matter how many times I look at pictures like yours they just seen to look better every time I look at them!

Great work :2vrolijk_20:

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 22 queries.