Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 08 Screamin Eagle Race Tuners are in  (Read 10551 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: 08 Screamin Eagle Race Tuners are in
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 08:24:07 PM »

I was told by my Stealership that Kalifornia dealerships will not be able to order the 2008 Race Tuners. They said I could order it somewhere else and use it on my bike but the 1st time they hook it up to their computer it would send a message to headquarters and void my warranty.

Is this believable?.....Kalifornia has always been pretty bad (CARB).

I just picked one up today, they are in stock and availible here. Let me know if you want me to pick one up for you.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 10:28:06 PM »

Which version did you get Jim.  Freedom said they got a new H version for the 08 bike friday. 
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 10:40:55 PM »

Which version did you get Jim.  Freedom said they got a new H version for the 08 bike friday. 

H version.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 10:50:32 PM »

Howie    The part number Harley sent for my 08 SERK is 32114-01A. Says it is the 08 compatable device for the new ECM. I Don't have a way to check...would you mind?  :)

Had this installed and works great. Dealership is calling HD to find out what's up with the numbers. They said this has the new "H" software. The box looks like it was stickered twice. Rinehart's, SE A/C and SERT are working great. 2500 miles - no problems. Waiting on Tman and others for more info.

hafbad0

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 06:39:47 PM »

That's what I have for my '07. I'm told you need 32117-01L for the '08. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist, which part number is correct?  Zanotti's sent me the 32107-01H for my 08 CUSE3.  I haven't installed it as of yet, I have not exchange out my exhaust system yet.  I'm still considering buying your V&H TD to replace the D&D 2 into 1 on my 00' FLTRSEI.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 01:06:21 AM »

Hoist, which part number is correct?  Zanotti's sent me the 32107-01H for my 08 CUSE3.  I haven't installed it as of yet, I have not exchange out my exhaust system yet.  I'm still considering buying your V&H TD to replace the D&D 2 into 1 on my 00' FLTRSEI.

I'll answer for Hoist here, The H version is correct.

hafbad0

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 05:12:45 AM »

I'll answer for Hoist here, The H version is correct.

hd dude, I appreciate the info.  Do you have any idea what the other part number are for (32117-01L & 32114-01A)?  Maybe the Dyna's and Softails?   :nixweiss: :confused5:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 09:16:20 AM »

The "L" part # is for the disc that comes in the "H"  SERT.  Fuuny way to do part #'s.  It worked great on my 08.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 10:01:50 AM »

The new "Digital Technician II" is in constant communication with the servers at HD Corporate as well as SPX Corp..... for software updates, realtime diagnostic feeds, DTC/Symptom diagnostics and repair Labor coding, along with a few other small nuances.

As far as being programmed to "Snitch/Spy" on the vehicles system, anything is possible, but I haven't seen it in our shops... but then again, I am in Pennsylvania, and don't curently have the Tree Huggers preventing us from doing "Race Use/Closed Course" types of ECM reprogramming....

Last year when I put the SERT on my Road King, the dealer told me that it would void the warranty too. My understanding was that the dealers computers were in constant communication with the MOCO as Shovelhead Bob stated. What I don't understand is: How can a product that HD sells for their own bikes that is installed (in most instances) by their own dealer network void the warranty? I have also read that HD would have to prove that the SERT caused a problem with the bike in order to void the warranty. I don't get it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 10:29:17 AM »

Last year when I put the SERT on my Road King, the dealer told me that it would void the warranty too. My understanding was that the dealers computers were in constant communication with the MOCO as Shovelhead Bob stated. What I don't understand is: How can a product that HD sells for their own bikes that is installed (in most instances) by their own dealer network void the warranty? I have also read that HD would have to prove that the SERT caused a problem with the bike in order to void the warranty. I don't get it.
In the Screamin' Eagle Parts catalog it states the SERT is for "race applications only" and normally warranty will not cover parts that are used for racing applications. However as you stated the SERT alone shouldn't void the warranty unless the direct use of it was the cause of the malfunction. Just like anything else the dealer has ways (options) to get around most of this in the interest of good customer service, and you just have to find a dealer that believes in taking care of the customer.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.