Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Isolated Drive on new 08  (Read 7356 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Isolated Drive on new 08
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2007, 10:23:54 PM »

What???????  No comedy?  :o  har!  ::) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 12:09:54 PM »

The first Jaws was definitely one of those classic movies that scared the bejesus out of me...I also read the book before seeing the movie.  I wouldn't swim in the ocean without my feet touching sand for a few years after that one.  To this day, I get the willies...man's helplessness against the perfect natural predator.

Psycho was another classic...saw that one when I was about 12 or so...scared the chit out of me.  Almost all the Hitchcock flicks are movies I can watch over and over...the man was a genius at tapping into our basic emotions.

Q...Jeremiah Johnson is one of my all time favorite movies!!  The scenery alone is worth watching the movie...unforgettable!!

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 12:49:34 PM »

What???????  No comedy?  :o  har!  ::) spyder

You didn't get a laugh outta Dr Strangelove?? But otherwise good point! I like Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Blues Brothers (the original), Blazing Saddles, Best in Show, Nutty Professor (Eddie Murphy version), Austin Powers, etc.

TCnBham:

Jaws scared the crap out of me as well. I was 13 when I saw it, and we spent 6 weeks camping down at the ocean. After Jaws, there was a shark fishing craze, and one time that summer when waterskiing, the rope tangled, and I floated right by one of the local fishermen's shark tackles tethered on a buoy: a 10" fish hook with an ox heart on it. As I got close, I noticed what looked like a huge fin breaking the surface. Holy sh!t. It turned out to be a giant stingray with about an 8" wingspan. They pulled it up on the beach later and everyone gathered around to look. My old man said, "It was just a stingray - no need to be scared." Maybe, but look what happened to the Crocodile Hunter!!

And by the way, this is a self-confessed  :jack:
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 01:36:50 PM »

You didn't get a laugh outta Dr Strangelove?? But otherwise good point! I like Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Blues Brothers (the original), Blazing Saddles, Best in Show, Nutty Professor (Eddie Murphy version), Austin Powers, etc.

TCnBham:

Jaws scared the crap out of me as well. I was 13 when I saw it, and we spent 6 weeks camping down at the ocean. After Jaws, there was a shark fishing craze, and one time that summer when waterskiing, the rope tangled, and I floated right by one of the local fishermen's shark tackles tethered on a buoy: a 10" fish hook with an ox heart on it. As I got close, I noticed what looked like a huge fin breaking the surface. Holy sh!t. It turned out to be a giant stingray with about an 8" wingspan. They pulled it up on the beach later and everyone gathered around to look. My old man said, "It was just a stingray - no need to be scared." Maybe, but look what happened to the Crocodile Hunter!!

And by the way, this is a self-confessed  :jack:

Quint...yep, there's still a lot of overfishing for sharks going on...some are in fact, endangered.  The way I've always looked at that sort of thing, and the same applies to Grizzley Bears, etc, is that I am invading THEIR home, and I'm not the top of the food chain any longer, so I'm taking my chances.  Can't blame the animal for doing what it's supposed to do...we are the intruders.

and Dr. Strangelove was a trip!!  Dark comedy...

Fargo is another all time favorite of mine...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 02:55:31 PM »

Quint...yep, there's still a lot of overfishing for sharks going on...some are in fact, endangered.  The way I've always looked at that sort of thing, and the same applies to Grizzley Bears, etc, is that I am invading THEIR home, and I'm not the top of the food chain any longer, so I'm taking my chances.  Can't blame the animal for doing what it's supposed to do...we are the intruders.

That and any other movie by the Coen brothers.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 03:51:55 PM »

That and any other movie by the Coen brothers.   :2vrolijk_21:

What no Naked Gun movies, Pink Panther, Rodney Dangerfield?

:jack:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 04:44:43 PM »

[/quote
][/font][/color]

Yah, you betcha..... :huepfenlol2:     Well, ok then.... :drink:
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »

Forgive me if this post is redundant. Smoke inhalation and all  LOL ( what the hell , we did the cryin thing yesterday, may as well laugh now)  Anyway, has anyone tested this iso-drive for high horsepower application ? 

B B

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 12:59:57 AM »

Forgive me if this post is redundant. Smoke inhalation and all  LOL ( what the hell , we did the cryin thing yesterday, may as well laugh now)  Anyway, has anyone tested this iso-drive for high horsepower application ? 

B B

Spiderman

Can't comment on the big HP issue, but REAL sorry to hear about what's going on in your neck of the woods. Hope you and yours are all okay. Best wishes... and stay outta harm's way.

Quint
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.