Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Is there a K&N Filter that is a direct replacement for the stock paper filter?  (Read 6186 times)

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

I have an 06 that I want to switch from paper. After installing a high flow, do you not have to download an update into the bike?

Black Label Mark

• Full CVO Member
  • 2008 SE Ultra & 2003 FXDXT

I checked with AMSOIL.  Part no. EA46199 will not fit a 2008.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 10:59:33 AM by Black Label Mark »

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited

For Black Label Mark,

AMSOIL gave me part # Eaam 46199 for the Air Filter $76,  Eaom 134 for the oil filter in black @ $13.45 or chrome @ $15.10 ?? (Note: the HD and other brands oil filter removal disc tool with the cut out will not work on a AMSOIL filter, the filter is smaller. AMSOIL tech support said they are getting many calls in that there is not a removal tool available from AMSOIL as yet......they recommended staying with the Harley filter !!!!!), MCV 20 - 50 synthetic for the engine and primary,  the just now being released 75 - 110 synthetic gear oil.

It's a split between their 75 - 90 and 75 - 140. I suppose there might be other removal tools like the strap, however, I have the Premium Oil Cooler and there is not room for it. I have to use the same removal tool to reinstall the filter because there is not room for hand tightening. I just did all my fluid changes today. Hope to get out tomorrow to check it out. Rain next week in the SF bay area.

Hope this helps.

With my 07 SERK,  I can use the filter wrench with the cutout to remove the filter, but when tightening the tool can only be removed if it happens to line up with the cutout.  I use a strap wrench to tighten it.  Last week I changed the filter and went hand tight which is almost impossible, and it leaked.  Had to use the strap wrench.  There is no room there and it makes a mess and I've tried many of the tricks found here and some of my own.

My 2cents
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

With my 07 SERK,  I can use the filter wrench with the cutout to remove the filter, but when tightening the tool can only be removed if it happens to line up with the cutout.  I use a strap wrench to tighten it.  Last week I changed the filter and went hand tight which is almost impossible, and it leaked.  Had to use the strap wrench.  There is no room there and it makes a mess and I've tried many of the tricks found here and some of my own.

My 2cents

Just use the K&N with the nut built into the end! Can't get any simpler! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow

I have used Amsoil for several years now and am a "preferred customer".  I am about to order more oil for my bike, and I'm going with the 75/110 severe gear tranny oil.  The only weird thing I have noticed is that on the Amsoil recommendation chart, they list their first recommendation as their 20/50 motor oil for the tranny.  They list their second best recommendation as the 75/110, and their alternate as the 75/140.  Last winter I talked to some guy at Amsoil and he recommended the 20/50 for the tranny. 
The only thing I can figure out is that this recommendation is more of a marketing ploy.  Keeping it simple, and following the MoCo's recommendation of using one oil for all three holes.  You can't tell me that motor oil is better than transmission oil for a tranny!
I haven't found anyone on this site who is using their new oil filters.  They sound like they should be the best, but there doesn't seem to be any tool for removal or installation.  -Too bad.  I'm sticking with the K&N because of this.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 20 queries.