Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Courtesey Head's Up IRT SERT "L" Software.....  (Read 12861 times)

hogasm

Re: Courtesey Head's Up IRT SERT "L" Software.....
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 10:49:19 AM »

The "H" version worked on the 08.  Freedom just finished tuning my 08 with a SERT and got 108 & 114, will post the dyno sheet when I get back.

Magoo, yesterday after being bashed by SB I told the tech that is teaching me to use the DT II. So he had a new 08 bike that the customer wants breather, new pipes, and a SERT installed. Only SERT on shelf was the 32107001H.

We installed the H SERT on the bike and the throttle went wide open. So we proceded to use the multimeter that is used in conjunction with the breakout box and is tied into the DT II, to see why this happened. Code for faulty control module

Unhooked the SERT and re ran the troubleshooting procedure, and everything worked perfectly.

Back to what SB said, the problem with the throttle going wide open could be related to the two software updates that he mentioned. Problem with doing things on the weekends is that you can't get ahold of anyone to get a definatinative answer from HD Tech. D, said he would try the two updates on Tuesday and would let me know if the throttle going wide open is because of these updates.

hogasm

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 10:59:10 AM »

What are you talking about?????

This has NOTHING to do with the Pin-Outs of the ECM's....

It has to do with the SERT software compatabilities with the -08 ECM's...

Please RE-READ the original posting.....

I have attatched the 2 maps that must be installed in the SERT "L" map library.....

Shovel, you said Tech Service does have 2 EFI Tuner Calibrations that will work with this -08A ECM. If you have a vehicle with the -08A ECM and you are installing an EFI Tuner,

What I was told by Harley's Tech is that there is the possibility to incorrectly plug in a tuner or the breakout box and it could severly damage the harness. This could in turn make the brakes not work correctly or the throttle to work incorrectly.

A lot of these guys on this site like to do things themselves and paying close attention to not damaging the pins when installing a tuner....could save them loads of trouble.

The Tech was very adament about bending the pins, he must have mentioned it 10 times in 4 hours.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 01:44:08 PM »

What are you talking about?????

This has NOTHING to do with the Pin-Outs of the ECM's....

It has to do with the SERT software compatabilities with the -08 ECM's...

Please RE-READ the original posting.....

I have attatched the 2 maps that must be installed in the SERT "L" map library.....

Shovel, you said Tech Service does have 2 EFI Tuner Calibrations that will work with this -08A ECM. If you have a vehicle with the -08A ECM and you are installing an EFI Tuner,

What I was told by Harley's Tech is that there is the possibility to incorrectly plug in a tuner or the breakout box and it could severly damage the harness. This could in turn make the brakes not work correctly or the throttle to work incorrectly.

A lot of these guys on this site like to do things themselves and paying close attention to not damaging the pins when installing a tuner....could save them loads of trouble.

The Tech was very adament about bending the pins, he must have mentioned it 10 times in 4 hours.

I don’t mean to speak for SHBob, he seems capable of doing that for himself; but as long as he is out of the room, I’ll take a whack at this.

You don’t need to separate the ECM from its harness connector in order to install a SERT, pull codes or hook up the DT. Use of the Breakout Box does require handling of the ECM connector, but the breakout box is only used in conjunction with specific DT diagnostic functionality; it has nothing at all to do with the SERT.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the delicate nature of the ECM connector, and I agree that this information has the potential to prevent heartache and misery when installing aftermarket tuners that require the installer to handle the ECM connector.

djkak
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:10:08 PM by djkak »

Shovelhead Bob

Re: Courtesey Head's Up IRT SERT "L" Software. "UPDATE" for the Virtual Tuners
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 06:59:22 PM »

I came here attempting to provide and assist in an effort to enhance your technical aspect....

The SERT Kit is the "H"... The SOFTWARE is the "L".... Open your eyes people, and get a clue... It's in the title of the thread....

It's gone... snide remarks about "Technical Writer from Hewlett Packard or Microsoft"....

Mis-information being passed from Virtual Technicians/Tuners... talking out of the side of their necks....

Forget about it....

rhino.... If you are a comedian, find another job... You don't know me well enough to crack jokes about me or what I post....

hogasm.... You are one of those "Virtual Technicians/Tuners", 'cause if you are a real tech, you won't last long... failing to read and understand instructions are an integral part of Technicial success.... And when did I "Bash" you??????

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 08:44:03 PM by Shovelhead Bob »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »

Part Numbers are stored internally, and there is a sequence code on the ECM Housing....

The PN is "normally" on the back side of the ECM, not the ribbed or exposed sides....

Haven't had the seperate an 08 Touring ECM from it's cable yet...

Thanks. I will look a the back of the ECM for the part number before proceeding.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 08:51:23 AM »

I have to question why anyone with more than half a brain would design this connector in such a way that it could easily be mated backward and thus destroy the part.  I wonder how many harnesses will get replaced due to this?  (Kind of a scary warning in the attachment, but assuming you can buy the connector/pins/sockets separately a competent person should be able to repair just the connector without replacing the harness.)

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 11:11:02 AM »

I came here attempting to provide and assist in an effort to enhance your technical aspect....

The SERT Kit is the "H"... The SOFTWARE is the "L".... Open your eyes people, and get a clue... It's in the title of the thread....

Someone missed their Carnegie courses.....

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »

Someone missed their Carnegie courses.....

I think maybe he was just tired again or had a bad day. :oops:  Of course, what do I know?  I'm just a snobby, elitist CVO rider who only likes bling and geedunk. :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 12:12:49 PM »

I think maybe he was just tired again or had a bad day. :oops:  Of course, what do I know?  I'm just a snobby, elitist CVO rider who only likes bling and geedunk. :nixweiss: ;D ;)

That, or just an asshole by nature... :oops: :nixweiss:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 12:28:42 PM »

I'm a turd brain (Chip said so).  But I've got great hair, so life is good :drink: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 12:29:53 PM »

That, or just an asshole by nature... :oops: :nixweiss:

Be gentle TC.  You might just say that the cranky bastard was an impacific soul.  It sounds so much better after all.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 06:50:01 PM »

I'm a turd brain (Chip said so).  But I've got great hair, so life is good :drink: .

Whoa Don!

My description of you as a turd brain was done in a caring, kind and gentle manner!
Totally opposite of how I normally post.
Clearly I am offended that it took you 21 hours to bring up this matter.
Are you slipping?

As for the hair,
new group maybe?

UGWGH

(us guys with great hair)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 09:52:51 PM »

Later SB. :vrolijk17:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 10:00:16 PM »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 10:03:28 PM »

HUH?  :nixweiss:

S
  /
    B

Not you, the other one.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 22 queries.