Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: anyone near Akron, Ohio?  (Read 1609 times)

saddlebow

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 06 SEFB
    • CVO2: 07 SEUC [gone]
    • CVO3: 15 SESG
anyone near Akron, Ohio?
« on: October 03, 2007, 12:38:25 PM »

I'm thinking about adding no. 3 to the CVO stable...Liberty HD has an FXR4 with low miles that they've been trying to sell and can't.  Called them on it a few weeks ago and they still wanted too much; just got a call from them and looks like the fall weather has made their fever cool off and let some O2 get to their brains..
Don't want to buy an 8 YO low miles bike without someone who knows what to look for eyeballing it.  Anyone in the area who wants to help a country boy out?  Also, anyone know about this dealership as a general matter?  thanks for the help.

Bikers know why dogs stick their heads out the window....

RedFXR2

Re: anyone near Akron, Ohio?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 12:55:07 PM »

I'm not close enough to help out in person, but from the on-line dealer photos:

http://www.libertyhd.com/pre_owned_image_gallery.asp?veh=613985

....I can tell that the seat, sissy bar, and pipes have all been changed.  Not that any of that is a bad thing, but it's worth knowing. At only 3829 miles, and apparently largely untouched, I would doubt that it's been abused, but it might have been sitting a lot, not even started up recently or only seldom for quite a while (possible).  If you get a local volunteer, check the tires and fuel line for dry rot, the oil for moisture, old gas in the tank, that sort of thing.  Any gasket might be getting old by now--cylinder bases (original gaskets were paper) come to mind.

Ask the dealer for any specific history--better yet, the original owner's name and phone number.  You can do that long distance.  Now that it's not theirs to sell anymore, they should have no reason to hide anything.  You can also tell a lot about a bike's history by the owners' personality.  And see if they've got any of the original parts that came off the bike.

Good luck. 

saddlebow

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 06 SEFB
    • CVO2: 07 SEUC [gone]
    • CVO3: 15 SESG
Re: anyone near Akron, Ohio?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 01:07:31 PM »

Thanks for the heads up.  This is why I love this site....
I would not have picked up on the seat/sissy bar change..
and I'm assuming that it's got  the original tires so it'll need a set; also concerned about hydraulics from the sitting.
We'll see......

Bikers know why dogs stick their heads out the window....

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.