Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: FXR4's  (Read 27277 times)

RedFXR2

Re: FXR4's
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 09:58:45 AM »

About prices--My 1999 FXR2 had a 49 state MSRP (new) of $16995.  The current Kelly retail for it (used) is $15860.  Pretty darn good at holding it's value.  I imagine the other CVO FXR's are comparable although I don't know their MSRP's.

I know that mine was purchased new locally, but since only 900 were made, not every dealer in the country even got one to sell, so I would imagine that the MSRP's were jacked up quite a bit by the dealers, and perhaps that should be taken into consideration.  Still, they're extremely good values.

DOUG_in_PHX

• IgoLD
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2004, 01:34:28 PM »

I'm here too.  Got 12,000 miles on my tango FXR4.  Done plenty of +500 mi days.  Custom seat (Rich's).  Forward controls (floorboards).  Mikuni 42.  SE Cam.  SE Air.  Bub stubbies.  Pull-back handlebars.  Tall sissy (for the t bag).

It flies, and can tour quite comfortably.

CAN we have more information about the Rich's custom seat?  I just got an FXR3, have the stock seat on it and a Corbin Gambler ( I think) which I will sell, as it is not comfortable for me.  I know there are a number of custom seat makers for Long Distance riders... is Rich's one of those?

Thanks,
DOUG in PHX
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 01:35:36 PM by DOUG_in_PHX »

DOUG in PHX

IgoLD

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2004, 11:49:16 AM »

CAN we have more information about the Rich's custom seat?

mfgreen

Re: FXR4's - press release
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2005, 01:11:06 AM »

Harley-Davidson FXR4

FXR + EVO = Head Turner
By the Motorcycle Online Staff

LOS ANGELES, October 13, 1999 -- Cruisers are huge right now, accounting for the largest-selling segment of new motorcycle sales. And with new bikes flying off the showroom floors one right after the other, it's no surprise that aftermarket accessory suppliers are thriving as well. After all, when you've just plunked down a few month's worth of take-home pay, you don't want to look like everyone else on the road.

Harley-Davidson, leading the cruiser charge, decided that since their bikes were often the magnets for many aftermarket goodies they'd do a little customization in-house. The guys responsible for these changes are part of Harley's Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) program, and it's their goal to build low-volume, highly-customized cruisers better than anyone in the aftermarket. CVO has tried this approach before with their FXR2 and FXR3 and the result was a bike that dealers had more demand for than they knew what to do with.

With their newest exercise in customization, the FXR4 goes out farther on a limb than the precious versions. The chassis and 1340cc Evolution powertrain are standard fare, and while most of the mods that were made to the FXR2 and FXR3 are carried over to the newest model, the FXR4 boasts fourteen more goodies.

Most of the new add-ons are purely eye candy, such as the tear-drop-shape floating brake rotors, a laced 19-inch front wheel, chrome drag bars, a solid FLSTF rear chrome wheel, a chrome rear sprocket cover, billet mirrors, a chrome lower guard, wide-band billet footpegs, grips and shifter peg. A few of the items are performance oriented, however, like the new seat, dual four-piston calipers, P&A rear shocks, sealed wheel bearings and a sealed battery.

The production run is set for 970 units, each with a suggested retail price of $17,995, with prices in California slightly higher. The bikes are available in both Screaming Yellow Pearl and Candy Tangerine paint schemes with new Eclipse graphics.

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 07:13:11 AM »

i'm looking at purchasing again fxr4, and noticed value has dropped since advent of twim cams.  have the fxr's in general lost interest?  how do you see the collectalbe value?  is 13.5 too much to pay for clean fxr4?

RedFXR2

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 05:36:59 PM »

I have found that FXR's still have a niche following out there.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 06:54:17 PM by RedFXR2 »

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 08:47:15 PM »

thanks for your reply. i've owned all the fxr's when they were first released and they still charm me. i've found fxr2 (blue) low ,miles and that fxr4 w/ 6k miles..and am torn between the 2 bikes equal amt of accessories too.  blue or yellow..both units in the 13-13.5 range. nada values much less than kbb...which is more accurate?? they handle well, and hold up very dependalble too. i guess the fxr2's are less in value..and year older than the fxr4..so really worth less.  like you say..it comes down to what you want..but now market has changed so i don't want to pay 2k over average retail for 99-00 bike.
do you prefer your fxr2 over fxr4?
2 is more conservative, 4 more graphic..nearly same options.
thanks or your opinion

ps this will not be my only harley, i have touring bike also...road glide..and it is great!

RedFXR2

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 09:42:30 PM »

i've found fxr2 (blue) low ,miles and that fxr4 w/ 6k miles..and am torn between the 2 bikes equal amt of accessories too.

Right before I left NC last Spring the same shop where I bought mine had a blue FXR3 on consignment that only had 60-something miles (really--I saw it).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 10:07:01 AM by RedFXR2 »

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 10:13:10 PM »

I agree with you RedFXR2. The FXR4 has electronic speedo and such. The axle size was also changed with the rest of the 2000 models. This is good and bad. I had a hard time finding a 21" frt. wheel because of the axle size and dual disc. I like them all. I see more red fxr 2's than blue ones but it is still rare to see any of them. Alot of people don't know what my FXR4 is and tell me nice sporty. I just tell em thanks. Just my .02

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 10:40:26 PM »

looks like good following of fxr owners out there. i have friend who works for hd and has logged over 100,000 miles on his 93 fxr..and prefers it over any harley. he bought it new..and original owner, road w/ him last weekend.
still can't decide between fxr2 and fxr4 for same money..and just found 2 fxr3's blue for sale too...must be time of year to get em ready for cold storage..many thanks for the input on these units. these first cvo's are unique for sure...

RedFXR2

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2005, 02:21:50 PM »

The FXR4 has electronic speedo and such. The axle size was also changed with the rest of the 2000 models.

I never knew about the electronic speedo.  Thanks for the info.

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2005, 08:38:47 PM »

No problem. That's what's so great about this place. We all learn something from each other.

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
Just stumbled in to the discussion
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2005, 04:04:57 PM »

Hey...

Buy the bike. Either bike. Whichever one your heart tells you to.

You know one feels more like your bike than the other.

I personally prefer the bike with the lower production number. But, the negative is that some parts will be tougher to find (you know...like in case you wreck)

I LOVE my FXR3 and will NEVER part with it. It's my first Harley. And, it's become part of me when I ride...you just feel connected to it. When that happens, if you ever sell/trade the bike, you'll always regret it.

Welcome to the family...
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2005, 08:05:23 PM »

well you are right, i've owned fxr's before ..and now getting fxr4 again...w/ plans on keeping her.  sold em in past for bigger bikes..and can appreciate smaller frame..and better handling of fxr. part of harlies past that will be missed.

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2005, 01:06:58 AM »

I've always seen more green FXR3's and yellow FXR4's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.