Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: engine cleaning  (Read 2824 times)

watsot

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
engine cleaning
« on: January 09, 2004, 02:12:40 AM »

I had a small leak on my oil cooler lines. I took of the stock clamps and put on hose clamps [oil leak fixxed].But some oil blew back on the front of my inner primary.Are there any suggestions on a non abrasive cleaner to get the oil off the silver paint.
2003 flhrsei2

B767capt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: engine cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 08:33:47 AM »

I have used S-100 for years and love it.  Any bike shop will have it.
Rineharts, Wood TW400G cams, SE 103+ stroker pistons, 53mm TB, PClll.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 05:55:11 PM »

I think nobody else is responding because they all agree with the S-100.  That's why I didn't respond.

Dawn dishsoap is a great degreaser but if you use it regularly on black wrinkle finish, it will turn it kind of white powdery looking.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SERK03

• Bigger is better
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 07:20:12 PM »

There's a recall on the oil cooler hoses.  I had mine replaced three times in 12,000 miles before it came out.  Now I have another 1000 on it with no leaks.  Check with your dealer.  Once they start coming loose, it just keeps on happening.  Also, the stock hoses will rub through on the frame.

SERK03

STICKMAN

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 03:01:57 PM »

I learned a trick from the Motor Cops at The Reno Police Dept. Spray the engine (WHILE IT'S COLD) with straight Simple Green Degreaser. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, hose it off. Use a sponge on tougher road grime spots first. Dry with a cotton or micro fiber towel.

Skooby

• Full CVO Member
  • Have you kicked your tires lately?
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 03:22:07 AM »

I too like some of you guys have had the oil cooler lines work loose on my bike.  The mechanic who looked at it for me used, I believe,  brake cleaner to clean up the area under my bike.   I do know it was a clear liquid and it worked like a charm.  I can confirm this on Tuesday if anyone is really interested.
'03 FLHRSEI2

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 07:31:53 AM »

I use waterless hand cleaner ,small paint brush , clean rag. Rationale was if it safe for my bare hands would be safe for bike finishes. I dab a litlle on with brush and wipe clean with rag.

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.