Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Need directions or pictures with instructions for passing lamp implacement  (Read 18993 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Need directions or pictures with instructions for passing lamp implacement
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »

actually its a "6" pin

left run
left turn
ground
ground
right turn
right run

not neccasarily in that order

i forget who but  member here added passing lamps and directionals but also chose to leave the existing driections wired in

the switch on the nacelle is alreay pluged into the harness to turn on/off the passing lamps the plug into a small white 2 pin plug

Indeed you are correct. I was looking at another piece of paper we had mapped out a plug on Bubba_T's SERK

B B

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 10:18:43 AM »

when i moved my directionals to a stanadrard RK passing lam bar th new housings came pre-crimped with a plug to slide them inot. when i did the "CVO" style brackets last year just bare wires no pins no plug  :nixweiss:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 10:38:56 AM »

when i moved my directionals to a stanadrard RK passing lam bar th new housings came pre-crimped with a plug to slide them inot. when i did the "CVO" style brackets last year just bare wires no pins no plug  :nixweiss:

Yea, I just relocated my turn sigs on my standard RK, had pins on the ends. They have you running the wires around the fork leg, I didn't think it looked good that way, so I drilled two holes, one on each side of the nacelle, under the new sig bracket, added two grommets and ran the wires thru, now I don't have to see them. If I get a windshield, I'll just notch the bracket to clear the wires.

The turn sig wiring for the 6 pin connector is below, just make sure you get them on the right side.

Right turn sig Pins 1 Black, 2 Brown, 3 Blue

Left turn sig Pins 4 Blue, 5 Violet(Purple!) 6 Black.

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »

Gentlemen,
thank you for all your help. It took me a little bit of time yestarday the job is finished, Right before the Super Bowl. I had enough time to enjoy a little ride as well before the game started. Well thanks again and ride safe.

Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 01:11:38 PM »

looks good, glad we could help you

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »

That's the way a Road King is supposed to look.  :2vrolijk_21:

I've never understood the MoCo's stripping the spotlamp/directional off the SERKs.

B B

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 08:25:15 PM »

Nice job and nice bike by the way - good choice ;)
Did you wind up drilling holes in the nacelle to accommodate the wires?
Will that set up work with the windshield?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »

from the pics it looks like he looped the wire around the back of the nacelle, that should allow it to wotk with the windshield

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »

I did not drill any holes anywhere. I wrapped the wires around and went through the back of the head lamp. Before I wrapped everything up I made sure the windshield did fit. I followed the instructions and found it easier to put the wind shield on taking off the spacers coming w/ the kit. When I have time I will take some pics and show what I mean. The drilling was an idea, but wind shield brackets would have to be adjusted as well. Don't have the tools right now for all that. In time, I will. It still does what I need. I will adjust lights later, other items to take care. Thanks once again for everyones help.  :pineapple:

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • SPIARTSgraphics
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »

I purchase my 08 serk in October and wanted to add passing lamps. The styling of the bike is great as is, but I wanted lamps. The dealers depressed me with all of their jumbo can and cannot. Before, I own an 01 Ultra and I added everything possible to it myself.  So it was time to use my ingenuity. I went to J&P Cycle's catalog and purchase two of the cheap $20+ oval spot lights, painted the casing to match the dark blue on the bike and found a gray wire with plug in the headlamp chassis located on the right side. It is the wire for the right accessory switch. Dealers were nice enough to show me the light kits mention. the rest I figured out myself.  I set the lights on the engine guards and ran the wires to the frame neck. The bike maintains the sportier look and the spot lamps looking awesome come on with the right switch. You have a great looking machine keep your features. It would be better if you had a look at the bike. I was waiting on better photos before I post, I will post several peeps to nights until I get better photos. Look for Jcarl08

Sorry it has taken me so long to post a view of my machine. As you see posting the lamps on the engine guards keeps my stallion sleek and slim. All wires ties into the right accessory switch with some minor soldering and plugging. Take a expanded view at the website www.spiartsgraphics.com/se/SERK4.html
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:12:54 PM by Jcarl08 »
Jcarl
• I picked up my pal October 12, 2007
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 03:50:15 PM »

Nice
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »

sounds sweet, cant wait to see the bike.

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2008, 05:37:18 PM »

I am also thinking of adding the passing lamps to my 08 Road King. Has anyone taken the turn signals off of the bars? Do the wires pull out ok? I would be moving the turn signals to the lamp brackets, Are all the connections made in the headlight housing? I haven't purchased the parts yet, am wondering what will be involved. Thanks.
Keep your knees to the breeze

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2008, 08:26:12 PM »

There are very good questions. Several options:
1. cut wire flush at handle bar mount. Leave wire in bar.
2. pull wire out of bar(bad choice since other wires are inside as well)!
3. If you purchase passing lamps only you may leave your blinkers where they are
4. If you purchase the set up such as mine and a few others then new blinkers are required. Follow the catalog and pertaining to the parts.
5. If you have manual then go from there.
6. Passing lamps will require trim rings and new bulbs purchase to your liking. I hope this works and good luck.

One note: review the post and it will help you as well. Take your time and don't drink doing this wires are inside the light that you will need. By the way disconnect your battery first b 4 U do anything.

rugglesxx

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 04:34:42 AM »

There are very good questions. Several options:
1. cut wire flush at handle bar mount. Leave wire in bar.
2. pull wire out of bar(bad choice since other wires are inside as well)!
3. If you purchase passing lamps only you may leave your blinkers where they are
4. If you purchase the set up such as mine and a few others then new blinkers are required. Follow the catalog and pertaining to the parts.
5. If you have manual then go from there.
6. Passing lamps will require trim rings and new bulbs purchase to your liking. I hope this works and good luck.

One note: review the post and it will help you as well. Take your time and don't drink doing this wires are inside the light that you will need. By the way disconnect your battery first b 4 U do anything.

Hi

Looking at doing the passing lamp and turn signal relocation on my 07 Road King Custom and would appreciate clarification of the parts required to do the complete job - I'm on the other side of the pond in the UK and would be ordering direct from the US in order to avoid the high prices charged by UK dealers. Am I correct in assuming the following are the total parts needed

1. 69227-04A bracket kit
2. Choice of turn signal kit
3. Choice of auxiliary lamp bulb kit
4. Choice of passing lamp trim rings
5. 69235-04 hardware kit when windshield installed

Have I missed anything out? I don't want to order all the bits and fine I'm missing something vital to the job  :confused5:

Cheers

John
York, UK
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.