Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Back from the latest surgery.  (Read 7921 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Back from the latest surgery.
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2005, 02:25:09 PM »

Twolane - with my foot in my mouth adn sitting in the corner - might not be enough room for 2  [smiley=laugh.gif] espeically as i get thirsty and a few MGD"s will be stacked around me  [smiley=drink.gif]

C'mon Shovel, have a heart man  [smiley=7.gif]   Ok, how about if I bring my own stool and a spare 12 pack AND a Danica Patrick photobiography?

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2005, 02:34:01 PM »

i am a time tested ole fart and i don't know if I could be responsible for a PATRICK photo I have that I could release to you  [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] - but the beer is a GO and I can be bought off [smiley=beerchug.gif] - to good friends

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2005, 02:36:28 PM »

i am a time tested ole fart and i don't know if I could be responsible for a PATRICK photo I have that I could release to you  [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] - but the beer is a GO and I can be bought off [smiley=beerchug.gif] - to good friends

Hot damn !   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2005, 02:42:30 PM »

Yep.......and there legal, too. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  I'm lookin forward to meeting you guys, too. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, JCZ,
 You be careful out there, Brother!  Get Well Soon!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2005, 02:58:26 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, JCZ,
  You be careful out there, Brother!  Get Well Soon!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Later--HUBBARD

Thanks for the reality check brother.......I appreciate that.  But you know........I got my road dogs monitoring the mind altering substances.  Been through this too many times, at this point, to toss it all now.  But thanks again, for the concern.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HRFH

• Ride Fast or Stay Home
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2005, 11:13:36 PM »

JCZ,
Glad to hear your at home and doing well.
And did I read that we'll get to meet the infamous HD2003 in Reno?
HRFH

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2005, 09:44:05 AM »

jc- im in the same boat. just a thirteen hour operation on my thyroid and lymph nodes. i had to postpone new bike for a bit but im starting to look again. anyone know of a new flhtcse in ca?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2005, 12:38:55 PM »

jc- im in the same boat. just a thirteen hour operation on my thyroid and lymph nodes. i had to postpone new bike for a bit but im starting to look again. anyone know of a new flhtcse in ca?

Hey Van get well soon.  Hopefully, somebody knows where one is available.  In the meantime, get your HOG map book (it has all the dealerships listed) and start contacting all the Calif. dealerships.  Good luck with it.........hope you're able to join us in Sept. in Reno!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SAC

• Full CVO Member
  • Real Mother F** N.C.C. 3%
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2005, 01:59:52 PM »

Hey JCZ glad to here things are improving in your status [smiley=blush.gif].  Looking forward to hooking up with you and dragging Kingsalmon along for the ride.  If nothing else Hollister sounds like a good time to hook up [smiley=nice.gif].

BTW- I am heading down this weekend to pick up my teal in So. Cal. will have it back in the bay area by Sunday evening [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif].

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2005, 03:07:06 PM »

JC

Hows the recovery going?
Have you ridden the Eagle?
Or is that in the near future schedule?

Are you doing therapy like---->  [smiley=vrolijk_19.gif]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 03:07:31 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2005, 08:14:18 PM »

JC

Hows the recovery going?
Have you ridden the Eagle?
Or is that in the near future schedule?

Are you doing therapy like---->  [smiley=vrolijk_19.gif]

Thanks for asking Chip.  No, haven't been riding yet.  My physical therapist was here today and he asked the same thing.  I replied "negative" and he questioned me further "you sure you haven't been on that bike yet?".  He thinks my recovery level at three weeks is comparable to most people at six to eight weeks.  Hell, when he told me that I replied " great, then I'll give it another week or two before I get on the bike and that should be comparable to the three months that the Dr. requested that I wait." [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

I really do feel like I could get on it and go right now.  The resistance for them is the first 90 days is when a new artificial hip will dislocate if it's going to.  After that, the tissue and muscle has grown back to hold it from moving out of socket.  So that's what it's all about.  Pain wise is almost nil.

West Coast GTG   

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2005, 10:33:41 PM »

Very, Very good JC

What date approx is that 90 days!

Good deal on the recovery!
Don't mess it up by riding and dislocating.

I'm expecting to see you in Reno
And that AK, sounds like he's as crazy as you!

[smiley=laugh.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2005, 02:25:01 AM »

And so the story goes.........got back on my bike at about 6:00 P.M. and rode with a partner till about 11:00 P.M.  Man it felt good to ride with no pain.  The first time in over a year that I've rode that bike and did not have major pain in the hip everytime I shifted or put my foot down at the stop lights.  Totally pain free and it was really nice!

No problems.......no dislocation.  I'll be riding from this day forward.  I will take it easy getting on and off (hyper-extension is what causes the dislocation that the Drs. warn me about so strongly), for awhile.  But it really felt just fine.......like it did before my accident.  I'll never take these legs for granted again.

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2005, 07:12:05 AM »

That's great, JC! [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=bigok.gif]  Thanks for the update!  Love hearin' that you're back in the wind and feeling good! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

AllPork

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2005, 11:06:37 AM »

JCZ,
Just read about your surgery and very positive recovery progress. Best wishes towards the continuance of a full and swift recuperation.  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 22 queries.