Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: How Does the SERK Handle for Touring, 350 to 400 mile day rides and quickies  (Read 7056 times)

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member

I love my SERK!!!!!!!!!!! I have over 11K on mine and I am very pleased. I just recently did a Solvang to Benica on as much as highway 1 as possible - over 400 miles and was very comfortable - the corbin seat may have had something to do with that ..... but like the other say it is a great bike to tour on!!!

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"

Doug

I had an 07 Street Glide. Very nice bike. One look at the SE Road King and the Glide got kicked to the curb. With the lowered rear, wider tires, front motor mount this is one superb scoot. I have three Harleys. However, I never seem to find time to ride the others. I've put 300 miles on the SERK just messing around and never noticed.

JW

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)

I love my SERK!!!!!!!!!!! I have over 11K on mine and I am very pleased. I just recently did a Solvang to Benica on as much as highway 1 as possible - over 400 miles and was very comfortable - the corbin seat may have had something to do with that ..... but like the other say it is a great bike to tour on!!!

Don't you just love the high speed highway 101 above Santa Barbara up to Pismo Beach. One of my favorite rides in California. After Pismo Beach North, it gets pretty cold around Atascadero to Benecia this time of year. That part is a day ride just for the sun.

Oh, and for sure, without a split second of doubt, I Love my 08 SERK !! You'd have to fight me to give up this fine ride.

MiKe K.
kona76
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 12:16:32 AM by kona76 »
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue

Hi Doug. Welcome aboard. You will find a lot of good ideas and a tremendous amount of knowledge from here. I must agree w/ Hoist. SERK is the way to go. Best of luck with you're new ride. KB
kb

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member

Don't you just love the high speed highway 101 above Santa Barbara up to Pismo Beach. One of my favorite rides in California. After Pismo Beach North, it gets pretty cold around Atascadero to Benecia this time of year. That part is a day ride just for the sun.

Oh, and for sure, without a split second of doubt, I Love my 08 SERK !! You'd have to fight me to give up this fine ride.

MiKe K.
kona76

Mike I was down there for a conference and Friday after it ended I went to Santa Barbra and then took 101 back to Solvang chasing the sunset! It was one of those inspirational rides where all I could think was life does not get any better than this!!!

TheTortoise

You guys are great. Nice group. I will let you know. Favoring the SERK now for sure.

doug

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3

You guys are great. Nice group. I will let you know. Favoring the SERK now for sure.

doug
Doug weighing in going from my FLHRSEI2 SERK to a 2008 SEUC the SERK has 21K miles and they were all great. I notice the extra weight especially in the city and the Ultra's weight is on the top so it absolutely handles different IMO-that being said I wish I could keep both bikes-the partner is a bit more comfy on the SECU of course I guess I could've done a seat upgrade.....hmmmm then no new bike-hope this helps your decision. This day trip turned in about 300 miles total-

Bo
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:52:50 PM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Doug weighing in going from my FLHRSEI2 SERK to a 2008 SEUC the SERK has 21K miles and they were all great. I notice the extra weight especially in the city and the Ultra's weight is on the top so it absolutely handles different IMO-that being said I wish I could keep both bikes-the partner is a bit more comfy on the SECU of course I guess I could've done a seat upgrade.....hmmmm then no new bike-hope this helps your decision. This day trip turned in about 300 miles total-

Bo

You could've! Detachable KTP w/Corbin seat and backrest. Hot Rod SERK around town stripped down. Ultimate touring machine with everything you'd want without the need for that fairing, which I don't like. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

For the type of riding you describe I think the bike would be perfect.  I used to be think an Iron Butt day was something special, but after doing 600 in nine hours on mine (with no windshield) another 400 in the remaining fifteen hours would have been nothing.  That said, you know going in that you stand a good chance of having the array of problems that plague 110s.   If you are willing to put up with them, or change things on your own dime to get around them, then you will be happy. 
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316

It works great. Specifically as a single seater, with the saddlebags changed for hard ones. The combination of easy maneuverability, excellent road holding and it is pretty fast too. Just don't forget to send it to the H-D doctor at around 6k miles to have the engine fixed. '08 models with the added ABS and better brakes make this bike the best choice in the H-D line up.

Ride safely,
Louis
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:34:55 PM by Louis »

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

ad2

• Full CVO Member

Love my SERK. I rode it over 3,000 miles round trip to Sturgis last year and it was great. Like most guys on this site, I spend a great deal of time "making it my own".
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"

I got my 08 SERK on March 26th, 2008. I have 5800 miles on it, left Sedona GTG Friday and ran all the way to Newport Beach, CA going across the desert in very windy conditions at between 80~95 mph.

Get it, you will not be sorry.

TheTortoise

ad2 that is the bike. It is beautiful. Love the Dead Center Fairing.

doug

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4

ad2 that is the bike. It is beautiful. Love the Dead Center Fairing.

doug

Yup!

ad2

• Full CVO Member

Thanks Doug. I really like the way the bike turned out and wish I could stop finding more things to do to it!
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.