Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Mid West trip  (Read 6525 times)

Maverick88

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Mid West trip
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »

Hope Your Haven Fun Brother [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 01:38:43 AM »

I think today is Thursday. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Logged a little over 2200 miles so far.  We will be spending tonight and tomorrow night here in Jackson Hole,  WY.  Plan on resting up the next two days then on to Yellowstone.

It's been a great ride!  Great weather!  The biggest problem I have is a moderate case of monkey butt!  If you've been on a long haul, you know what I'm talkin' about. [smiley=furious.gif]

Post more later.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2005, 01:44:53 AM »

I think today is Thursday. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Logged a little over 2200 miles so far.  We will be spending tonight and tomorrow night here in Jackson Hole,  WY.  Plan on resting up the next two days then on to Yellowstone.

It's been a great ride!  Great weather!  The biggest problem I have is a moderate case of monkey butt!  If you've been on a long haul, you know what I'm talkin' about. [smiley=furious.gif]

Post more later.

Got three words of sympathy for you man.  Cornstarch baby powder.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2005, 09:30:05 AM »

Got three words of sympathy for you man.  Cornstarch baby powder.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

If you have monkey butt.....you must use Anti Monkey Butt Powder.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 10:41:54 AM »

If you have monkey butt.....you must use Anti Monkey Butt Powder.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

That's great stuff Laker.  I've got three bottles around here that friends have thought it would be funny to give me over the years.  The regular old medicated cornstarch baby powder works well enough and comes in that little travel sized bottles that it's tough not to use it.  But I keep AntiMonkeyButt Powder on a shelf in the garage just because it was a gift from friends  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

05yellowse

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 08:13:24 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005, 08:22:59 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Ok, wanting a picture of someone's case of monkey butt is just gross, disgusting, yucky and downright nasty.  Even suggesting such a thing is way beyond the pale of what's acceptable around here unless of course you're willing to pay me for the picture.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005, 09:19:46 PM »

Spending long hours on any seat and your going to get a sore butt can,t get around it  thats ok. getting drunk and passing out back stage at the ballet and waking up with a sore ass that a drifrent story,AK

,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 01:01:37 AM »

I don't care where this thread goes, I ain't wearing a tutu on a HOG !! [smiley=furious.gif] [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 01:40:35 AM »

Spending long hours on any seat and your going to get a sore butt can,t get around it  thats ok. getting drunk and passing out back stage at the ballet and waking up with a sore ass that a drifrent story,AK

Something you want to share with us Andy? [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Naw, never mind.....that'd be too much information. [smiley=laugh.gif]

« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 01:59:34 AM by twolanerider »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2005, 07:09:07 PM »

First, I want everyone to know that my sore butt came from riding 4800 miles, NOT from passing out backstage at a gay rights benefit ballet!  You guys on the left coast.............

Well. we made it back home yesterday.  Came back three days early due to the heat.  We only had two days that the high temp was below 90 degrees.  The day we rode thru Cody WY on Hwy. 14 to the Bighorn Hational Forest the high was 110.  My bike and wife both started to revolt that day!  I took JCZ's advice and drank lots of Gatorade.

We had very little rain.  Going out we rode about 15 minutes in a light rain in Kansas and coming home about one hour near St. Louis.  Blue skys the rest of the time!  No high head or cross winds when coming accross the plains!

Besides the heat, it was a great trip!  

The things I enjoy about a cross country bike trip is the adventure, the people you meet and the diverse country side around every turn!  If you haven't done a cross country bike trip, you need to plan one.  When You make a trip in a car and stop for gas you're lucky if anyone even speaks to you!  When you're on a bike, there's always someone who want's to know about your bike, where you're from or where you're going!

Only saw four Sceamin' Eagle bikes,  One V-Rod, three SEEG's.  Three recieved FLHRSEI.ORG business cards.  Fourth was going too fast for me to catch him!

My 03 Ultra did great!  The only problems was when we started up the Bighorn mountains on the 110 degree day it ran hot.  Had to let it cool down about every thirty minutes until we made it to higher altitudes and lower temps.  On the way home the spline on my front shift lever stripped out.  Took it off and put the rear lever in its place.  Worked fine.

Traffic and road conditions, for the most part, was good.  Getting thru St. Louis was slow, but not too bad.  The last time I rode From St. Louis to Kansas City (about 250 miles), it took 12 hours due to road construction!  When we came out the northeast gate of Yellowstone on Hwy 212, we had to ride on about 15 miles on dirt/gravel road.  Most of it was packed pretty good except for about a three miles.  Made the bike skate around.  Felt like two flat tires.  All you can do is keep your speed steady and your feet down.

We rode thru a lot of beautiful country!  Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, the highways in and around Jackson Hole, Teaton National Park, Yellowstone, all in Wyoming, and the Black Hills in South Dakota.  My favorite road was one that someone on the site recommended, Cheif Joseph Scenic Highway (Hwy 296).  It runs from Hwy 212 (near the northeast gate at Yellowstone to Hwy 14 near Cody, WY.  Great bike road.  Lots of long sweeping turns and lots of 15 mph switch backs, and of course, lots of scenery!  The day we were on this road Iron Horse Magizine was having their annual poker run from Red Lodge Montana to Cooke City Wyoming.  I've never seen that many bikes on a poker run!  We were traveling the oppisite way from the bikes on the run.  Two of their stops was on Chief Joseph Scenic Hwy.  There was at least 200 bikes at each stop!  We must have pased at least a 1000 bikes heading in the other direction.  I felt sorry for those guys riding fat tire custom bikes!  No way they were going to make it up the section of Hwy 212 that was dirt and gravel.  Then again, maybe if you're from that part of the country, you're use to riding that kind of road.  

The best thing that I brought with me on the trip  (besides my Wife) was the Garmin 2620 Street PIlot GPS.  It's nice to ride thirteen days and never have to unfold a map!

When I got home yeasterday, I was beat.  Told by wife I was gettin' too old for that kind of trip and that would probably be my last one!  Well, after getting about 12 hours sleep and writing this post I'm sure I'll do it again.  After all, the memories are what it's all about!

Hmm, I do have two more weeks vacation.  How about a fall trip to Key West or New Orleans?

I've got a lot of pic's to post.  Will do that later.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 07:27:39 PM by 04hd103 »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 09:03:30 PM »

Sounds outstanding. I'm about 3 weeks behind you and planning on doing about the same thing. Dropping in on the tail end of Sturgis and then a couple of weeks in the mountains. Congrads on getting it done and I can't wait to say "been there, done that". [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 09:47:29 PM »

That was funny 04.  I met with AK for lunch today (still not sure what his post was about and forgot to ask.....but if you took one look at him, you'd never put that comment about a tutu with him) and we were both talking about how we always do the 500 to 800 mile little weekend trips all the time but that what we really both like are the long haul trips.

But I swear, after each of them, as soon as I pull in the driveway, I think to myself "well, that's my last long haul".  Couple days rest and the bug is already itchin for the next one.

If any of you have never taken a 3,4 or 5k mile round trip......do yourself a favor and start planning it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 22 queries.