Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: ICE CREAM REPORT  (Read 5561 times)

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
ICE CREAM REPORT
« on: June 01, 2005, 05:27:30 PM »

I think this is a great idea, so I will start.  Lets name favorite ice cream stops, maybe brief directions, a favorite flavor?? LOL!!!
The only thing now is I have to ride 2 one so I can write down the name!!!

Thanks Mr WeCVO! This was at his suggestion....
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 05:29:12 PM by tony1968 »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: ICE CREAM REPORT
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 09:19:33 PM »

Uhhh......I think you guys need to get out and ride a little more.  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 02:50:38 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 06:29:12 AM »

We are riding, over 1000 miles last weekend, and sometimes you stop for more than gas.  [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Sorry 'bout yer situation JCZ, but some of us are riding... and some trailer to events, and sometimes we are looking for yet another destination to shoot for.   [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=trailer.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
And then some are sitting back poo-pooing everything.    [smiley=smilie_staub.gif]

Always remember and never forgit, If you don't know Tiger, ya don't know Pooh!  [smiley=joker.gif]

I'd love to see other people's ideas of a good ride or place to ride to - heck, I know ALL the good places around here and all I need is a destination and I'm off! And who doesn't like Ice Cream? Beats a smokey bar and light beer hands down! Mrs. We and I have driven 400 miles for a hot dog before, sometimes you just need that destination. So post it and we'll ride to it!!! Maybe we could post those ideas in a catagory like Ride Report - what a concept! [smiley=beerchug.gif]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 06:50:50 AM by WeCVO »
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

thatrhinoguy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Fly Fast, Live Slow

• CVO1: '11 RUSE Reo Red / Black Ember
    • CVO2: '09 CUSE Ruby / Typhoon (Sold)
    • CVO3: '05 SEEG Two Tone Candy Cherry (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 07:37:50 AM »

Any Maggy Moo's ice cream store.  

Any Cold Stone Creamery.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM! [smiley=drink.gif] (that's a milk shake from Chee Burger Chee Burger.
'04 SSR   Ultra Violet
'02 Chevy Duramax Crew Dually

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 09:50:04 AM »

1. Down in Pascagoula MS there is a little place called Edd's. It is just north of HWY90 at Market Street. Best Strawberry Milkshake you will ever have. Edd's has been around for quite a long time. My wife's grandmother used to go on dates there. Don't plan on sitting down to take a break though, as it only has walk up ordering. Neat little place.

2. In Northwest Iowa sits the small town of LeMars which is actually named the Ice Cream Capital of the World. It is the single largest producer of Ice Cream anywhere (so they say) and the place I grew up. The company name is Wells Blue Bunny. Right on HWY 75 they have a gift shop and ice cream store. This place has the best Cookies N Cream your mouth will ever taste. I grew up next to the Wells family and as kids Mr. Wells would always bring a cooler home in the back of his car for us to sample the new products.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 11:06:29 AM »

Carl's in Fredricksburg , VA.  

This old-fashioned ice cream stand is as famous and popular as any historical attraction in town. People have been known to wait, literally, in the snow for what many consider to be the best ice cream they've ever had. And if the weather's nice, be prepared to wait in a long line - even at night. The flavors are basic: chocolate, vanilla and strawberry; but the flavor is tops. Cones, sundaes, shakes and malts comprise the entire menu. No drinks.

The service is about as friendly as the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld, but that's quickly forgotten after you get the ice cream. The maple walnut sundae is a local favorite. Enjoy.
Where

2200 Princess Anne St., downtown Fredericksburg

mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmm Good!  You may have quite a wait, but it is worth every minute.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 02:54:27 PM »

We are riding, over 1000 miles last weekend, and sometimes you stop for more than gas.  [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Sorry 'bout yer situation JCZ, but some of us are riding... and some trailer to events, and sometimes we are looking for yet another destination to shoot for.   [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=trailer.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
And then some are sitting back poo-pooing everything.    [smiley=smilie_staub.gif]

Just funnin with some of you.......hope you didn't take it personal.  

The ice cream thing.........well, it's kind of like the trailer thing.......it's not what I'd do but I could really care less what somebody else does.  Doesn't mean I'm not gonna have fun with it with those that have a sense of humor.  Gotta step through life just a little lighter, and enjoy it a lot more. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  No harm, no foul.....just playin.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 05:12:19 PM »

Me and ole Nite-Al have been known to ride to Virginia or South Carolina for a cup 'o joe (and a lottery ticket, sometimes).  Har!   [smiley=lost.gif]   spyder   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 06:51:35 PM »

Carl's in Fredricksburg , VA.  

This old-fashioned ice cream stand is as famous and popular as any historical attraction in town. People have been known to wait, literally, in the snow for what many consider to be the best ice cream they've ever had. And if the weather's nice, be prepared to wait in a long line - even at night. The flavors are basic: chocolate, vanilla and strawberry; but the flavor is tops. Cones, sundaes, shakes and malts comprise the entire menu. No drinks.

The service is about as friendly as the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld, but that's quickly forgotten after you get the ice cream. The maple walnut sundae is a local favorite. Enjoy.
Where

2200 Princess Anne St., downtown Fredericksburg

mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmm Good!  You may have quite a wait, but it is worth every minute.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Very COOL!!!

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 06:53:14 AM »

Tony, saw your post in a different thread, and thought it deserved to be here too!

http://www.theicecreamrun.com
enjoy....

I hope we don't need the same lead vehicle to convince JCZ that it IS a good idea [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 02:40:49 AM »

Tony, saw your post in a different thread, and thought it deserved to be here too!

I hope we don't need the same lead vehicle to convince JCZ that it IS a good idea [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Jamie, don't know why this made me think of it.  But you need to repost the watermelon girl (or the girl before the watermelon would be even better).  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 01:18:23 AM »

Route 460 in wakefield Va...

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 01:20:16 AM »

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 01:24:53 AM »

Lake Gaston, NC

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 01:36:58 AM »

Pictures of lake gaston
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.