Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why boobs are bad  (Read 3300 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Why boobs are bad
« on: July 03, 2005, 12:30:50 PM »

Yes, I know, a topic titled "Why boobs are bad" does seem every bit as heretical as "too much chrome."  But it was learned yesterday that they (boobs) can be.

Was a gorgeous day here yesterday so took the red bike out for the afternoon to no place in particular.  Was down in southern McDonald county which is populated with (among other things) lots of streams and creeks that are bridged and swimmable.  While crusing past one a pair of girls that had been down in the creek keeping cool were walking along the side of the road on their way back to wherever they were on their way back to.

Now when I say "girls" I'm meannig in this case like 18 to 20 years old and major babes and in bikinis.  They see the bike, they smile, they wave, they laugh and they flash.  Both of them pull their bikini tops up.

Knowing that it would be rude and unchivalrous not to admire the offering I, of course, watch.  When it had gotten to the point that I could not simply turn around and ride backwards in the seat I did glance back forward.  That's when there was a problem.

Was right in the middle of the lane; right where I knew I was.  That wasn't the problem.  The problem was that I was still doing about 55 mph in the middle of a lane that had already transitioned to a 90 degree curve marked at 20 mph and the red bike had not done me the courtesy of beginning at all to stage for the curve.

So we're already in the curve, thoughts of boobs quickly disappearing, shoving the bike down on the right footboard brackets and dragging the back brake and probably sucking blue jeans up where no blue jeans have gone before.   With a little feathering of the throttle on and off to let the front wheel dive down farther and milk its way around the curve as necessary the bike got through the sweep.  A new set of footboard brackets are in order.  But everything else turned out ok.  And that, everyone, is why boobs can sometimes be bad.  [smiley=shocked2.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Why boobs are bad
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 02:38:48 PM »

I, for one, am impressed by your riding ability.  Most would have paniced and dropped it.  Nice to know the ole SEEG can handle that well in a emergency.  Whew!   [smiley=shocked2.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 03:42:57 PM »

2Lane.....I think your quick response and obvious riding skills proved self defeating.  Think of the "mothering" you missed by not putting it in the trees! [smiley=laugh.gif]

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 10:53:27 PM »

Maybe you should have labeled your subject, "You know you're a dirty old man when....." [smiley=laugh.gif]
Sounds like you put your skills to the test, glad you made it through OK.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 11:08:27 PM »

FINISH THE STORY DID YOU GO BACK.

OTIS [smiley=laugh.gif]
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 11:46:18 PM »

I, for one, am impressed by your riding ability.  Most would have paniced and dropped it.  Nice to know the ole SEEG can handle that well in a emergency.  Whew!   [smiley=shocked2.gif]  spyder

Spyder I'm not a hundred percent sure it's good to be impressed by someone watching boobs instead of roads  [smiley=7.gif] .  Like you though I was really pleased to see the SEEG keeps its wheels beneath it.  Wouldn't have surpised me at all if it just slid right on out from under me through that turn.  Good bike, bad Don  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 11:49:20 PM »

2Lane.....I think your quick response and obvious riding skills proved self defeating.  Think of the "mothering" you missed by not putting it in the trees! [smiley=laugh.gif]

BLM, just to give you some idea of how occupied my wee brain got during that little turn it was about a half mile later before it dawned on me to think about if the specatators had run up around the curve to see if the red bike made it.  Gotta be slipping  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 11:51:42 PM »

FINISH THE STORY DID YOU GO BACK.

OTIS [smiley=laugh.gif]

Otis, I've got to admit if the bike had slid out from under me I'd have laid there and played it for all it was worth.  But by the time I was down the road a bit and thought about it I couldn't think of a good thing to say if I went back.  Somehow "can I see 'em again  [smiley=bigok.gif] "  probably just wouldn't have worked real good  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 11:52:21 PM by twolanerider »

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 01:02:01 AM »

You did good thats all that matters. Now for off the subject was that red piping on your seat was that something you had done or a option from the seat co.

OTIS
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 01:12:19 AM »

You did good thats all that matters. Now for off the subject was that red piping on your seat was that something you had done or a option from the seat co.

OTIS

Otis, the red on the seat was ordered that way.  The seat comes from Corbin and they give you a bunch of color options for the body or the sides or the bead.  I had them do the red bead on the seat and the backrests to kind of tie it all together.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 10:09:20 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 11:23:01 PM »

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Ok David, that's just not fair.  At the time not soiling my Depends was more highly prioritized than reaching back, opening a saddlebag, grabbing the camera, catching the lens cap in my teeth, asking the flashers to raise their tops again, putting the camera back away, and completing the curve without planting bike, rider and camera in to a tree  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 09:44:52 PM »

Ok David, that's just not fair.  At the time not soiling my Depends was more highly prioritized than reaching back, opening a saddlebag, grabbing the camera, catching the lens cap in my teeth, asking the flashers to raise their tops again, putting the camera back away, and completing the curve without planting bike, rider and camera in to a tree  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Being the silver tongued devil that we know you are we can't imagine that you couldn't revisit the scene and charm the little ladies w/ all the charms into accomodating one simple little request  [smiley=charming.gif].

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 09:48:26 PM »

Being the silver tongued devil that we know you are we can't imagine that you couldn't revisit the scene and charm the little ladies w/ all the charms into accomodating one simple little request  [smiley=charming.gif].

Screamin', I'm not sure how positive an impact a guy's words can ever have when his blue jeans are still sucked in the post-pucker position almost to the knees ?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 11:24:35 PM »

old school girl, can,t post the rest of the checkerd demon. I was 19 reading this stuff-AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.