Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Serial Number Question  (Read 1509 times)

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
Serial Number Question
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:40:13 AM »

:confused5:  I have a question.  Are the serial numbers on the '08 FLHTCUSE3's different on each of the three colors or where there 1800 total made?  I have Canyon Copper & Black Onyz #1502 of 1800.  If they are by color, then I swear I saw all of the other 1799 on Milwaukee during the 105th Anniversary.
May the Force be with you,
Yoda

:coolblue:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Serial Number Question
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:46:55 AM »

I believe the only ones that are numbered are the "Copper Top/Duracell" (Anniversary Color) ones. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »

:confused5:  I have a question.  Are the serial numbers on the '08 FLHTCUSE3's different on each of the three colors or where there 1800 total made?  I have Canyon Copper & Black Onyz #1502 of 1800.  If they are by color, then I swear I saw all of the other 1799 on Milwaukee during the 105th Anniversary.
May the Force be with you,
Yoda

:coolblue:

As Fired00d said, only the Anniversary models have the 1 of XXXX numbered plates.  This is the same for SE and non SE '08 anniversary bikes.  The numbering system from what I understand has nothing to do with the actual serial number on the bike, just that it is an anniversary bike and is kept numbered on that model line.

I'm not sure but I think they were going to make about 4000 SE UC bikes for '08.  As it was said, the 1800 is only on the anniversary colors.

My '08 SERK is 215 of 1800.  On here I've had a thread that talked about how high we've seen numbered of the 1800.  I think I had a response with one in the high 1600's.  I'm not sure though what happens at the end of year.  If they don't have the orders for all of them or if they make them all and force dealers to take them, not sure about that.  I think on the SERK '08s, there were going to be about 3050 total SERK's.  This would mean that the silver and blue would be lower production numbers than the anniversary model.  The same would be true for the SEUC '08s, your anniversary may be made in higher numbers than the red and ghost white SEUC bikes.

Some of the non SE anniversary bikes, like the Ultras, had I think 8000 as the high number on the tags.  It really depends on the popularity of the bike model, I think.

I think between Fired00d and this post you should have an answer.  After re-reading my post, I see it's all over the place.  Sorry for the wandering about.  I've been somewhat distracted over the past couple weeks.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 02:04:05 PM »

I do know that the plan was no more then 4000 total cuse3, 1800 of which was going to be the numbered aniversary color.  So the Nemos and Caspers are actually more rare then the Duracells.  Imagine that.  Brilliant.

At any rate, there was no guarantee that they would make the 4000, but my understanding wa that they would be making all of the anniversary colors.  There's a thread on the board here about how to contact HD after the production run is ended to get the final production number of your specific model and color combination.  I'm sure D00d will find it and reply with the link since I didn't find it.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »

I do know that the plan was no more then 4000 total cuse3, 1800 of which was going to be the numbered aniversary color.  So the Nemos and Caspers are actually more rare then the Duracells.  Imagine that.  Brilliant.

At any rate, there was no guarantee that they would make the 4000, but my understanding wa that they would be making all of the anniversary colors.  There's a thread on the board here about how to contact HD after the production run is ended to get the final production number of your specific model and color combination.  I'm sure D00d will find it and reply with the link since I didn't find it.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
You mean like this.... ;D

Look at this post (Reply #2) in this thread - 2000 SERG Production Figures Inside. There is a word document template that 103tHunDer created to send to MoCo Customer Service to request that info.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »

Wow, thanks for the link.  I have the document and will send it off after adding my information.  You guys are great.
Thanks from the newbie,
Yoda

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 04:00:51 PM »

Yoda,

Welcome you are.   :P

D00d,

Show off! Just kidding... You da man!

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 04:06:54 PM »

Yoda,

Welcome you are.   :P

D00d,

Show off! Just kidding... You da man!

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
:huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.