Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SE Fork Brace  (Read 12374 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: SE Fork Brace
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 01:21:13 AM »

Can check the part number when I get home. I know the softail and the dyna wide glide braces are different due to the wider spacing on the WG. Hence the moniker Wide Glide! I can confirm the SE Wide Glide brace does fit. Photos and real life experience don't lie.

sean18337

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 09:30:12 AM »

Can check the part number when I get home. I know the softail and the dyna wide glide braces are different due to the wider spacing on the WG. Hence the moniker Wide Glide! I can confirm the SE Wide Glide brace does fit. Photos and real life experience don't lie.

Yes please let me know.. I installed the progressive fork springs over the weekend and I really like them!! Much smotther ride and the front end does not dip as much when braking.... Easy install as well!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »

46097-98 is the correct HD part number. My suggestion, print a copy of one of the photos below and take it with you to the dealer so they can see how it is mounted.

Good luck with the mod.

sean18337

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 11:57:22 AM »

46097-98 is the correct HD part number. My suggestion, print a copy of one of the photos below and take it with you to the dealer so they can see how it is mounted.

Good luck with the mod.

Was extremely easy to install.... Looks great and handling/turning seems to be smoother

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »

I want to install one myself and I have various tools.  How "extremely easy to install" was it?  Is it a bolt on or do you have to disassemble the forks?  I can do the bolt on but I am not sure I want to tackle the forks.  Thanks, Steve.

sean18337

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 05:56:22 PM »

I want to install one myself and I have various tools.  How "extremely easy to install" was it?  Is it a bolt on or do you have to disassemble the forks?  I can do the bolt on but I am not sure I want to tackle the forks.  Thanks, Steve.

Very easy.. All you need is a Allen key wrench!

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 03:34:03 AM »

Thanks for the info.  Steve.

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 10:05:35 PM »

Brace came in and I started putting it on but I wondered how much gap was between the brackets that fit over the tubes.  I think I will end up with about 1/8 to a 1/4 on each side of the bracket.  The pictures don't show that much gap.  Any ideas?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.