Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXDWG3 Tach mount  (Read 4772 times)

timberland

FXDWG3 Tach mount
« on: January 04, 2009, 08:03:10 PM »

Hi all. First I need to apologize for not finding this site sooner.  Bad news, Good News.  Bad news is after 5 years of owning a black DWG3, I really wanted something new. Waiting for the MoCo to build a FLHX into a CVO never happened so I sold my DWG3 and bought a new FLHX Street Glide in 08. I am in the process of making my own "CVO".   This is where the good news is placed.  I made a tach bracket for my bike and still have the cardboard template.  Is there a way to scan a image and you guys can print it out and make one of these?  The image would need to be to the same scale I would guess.  Or I could photo copy it and US mail the photo copied cardboard template to you.  I cut it out with a saber saw from a steel plate, I'll get you the thickness if there is interest. Bent it in a vise and filed all of the edges. Took me 3-4 hours to make this from steel. I had Chrome masters in TN plate it.  I think they charged me $75 in 2003. You can pm me or email me at richartd@timberland-usa.com 
I could never figure out why HD never made something like this.  I bought a chrome cup and tach from the SE Duece, made my own wiring harness and spacers. The spacers are on top of the handle bar clamp, added longer bolts to secure. Looking at these photo's kind of make me a little ill for selling.  I'm a nice guy....wife HATED it to ride on, not exactly the most comfortable for the passenger, LOL.    So I own a Street Glide, she ride with me and its worth it. 

Here are the photo's of the bracket.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 08:09:40 PM by timberland »

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
Re: FXDWG3 Tach mount
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 08:15:41 PM »

:cowboy: Welcome from Texas :cowboy:                                                     :welcome_005:  :cherry:

Go to New Member Section tell us about your self and post some more pictures of your bike.  You've come to the right place to figure out how to CVO a bike.
There's more information here than you can shake a wheel at.

:cowboy: :beerchug:

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 04:36:43 AM by Admiral »

CH

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:31:08 PM »

Great solution for a challenge with this CVO.

Any further details to post too?

Another path possible:

http://www.alloyart.com/products/sm.html

CH

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:28:30 PM »

I know this is an old posting but I thought it might be a good place to see if anyone has done something to mount a tach on a FXDWG2 since the older postings.  Has anyone does this and possibly have the template to make the tach mount that is mentioned or any new ideas?
Thanks for any help.

Steve.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.