Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: summer of 50 trip  (Read 1956 times)

lameduck

summer of 50 trip
« on: September 17, 2005, 08:22:53 PM »

A buddy of mine on his honda 750 shadow and me on my tweetie  [smiley=banana.gif]started out on aug 12 on a more or less unscripted ride from victoria to winnipeg and back through the excited states. Headed out on the 6am ferry to port angeles then caught the 10:30 out of port townsend to keystone washington, the start of #20 which would turn into #2after the washington idaho border. Stopped in wintrop wash. a definite mecca for bikes in these parts,  for a drink around 4pm. [smiley=beerchug.gif] Still early and full of piss and vinigar for the first day so we decide to push on, as if there was a room to be had within 5 miles. Made it to repuplic wash. that eve and thanks to a member of a wedding party that decided to stay on his cousins couch we got the last room [ twin and a cot ] in republic. Did I mention how friendly everyone is down here yet? Met a fellow with a re... sorry, cherry seeg that is staying at the same hotel and told him about this great site. He had ordered a better seat for his bike but it didn't fit, had to get the road king version, not in in time for his ride, so I told him if he checks out this site he could avoid all those stu... timely mistakes.  [smiley=oops.gif]He thanked me and later almost waved at me from the other side of the mexican restaurant where the check in clerk at our hotel obviously got a kickback as the whole hotel was there.
not sure if this post will work or how to attach picture so i'll try this part and take a break to grab a glass of... research on how to attach picture...later

lameduck

Re: summer of 50 trip
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 08:25:05 PM »

oops   [smiley=confused5.gif] that would be winthrop wash.

lameduck

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 08:32:03 PM »

republic

lameduck

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 08:36:20 PM »

So far So good, even if its not the right way. Anyways the next day we drove some great roads through wash. Idaho and into Montana. Tried to do Going to the sun road again but ran out of time if we were going to make our first class Montana resevations!
sorry couldn't resist.

lameduck

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 08:37:40 PM »

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]oops again   Reservations

lameduck

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 08:41:54 PM »

The next morning we had to take a 60 mile detour out of browning so my buddy could get this picture. Any guesses on what his name is? He wanted to set the camera on timer and get me to stand behind him as he bent over butt I had to draw the line somewhere!

lameduck

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 08:56:59 PM »

After leaving Conrad we stopped to gas up in butt f.... Shirley Montana and who do I meet there but a bud from victoria in his toyota truck towing his harley on a trailer, old evo you know, vibrates too much for long trips. Stayed in a campground 20 miles from sturgis and road in once, on his bike. More on Sturgis later. We made someplace in n dakota that night and on to wpg for a friends sons wedding and a bit of a reunion the next five days. I must say we had great roads in the U.S. but the minute we hit canada the roads were [smiley=pumpkin.gif] closest thing I find to a steaming pile. I guess it's true, we have medicare and you have a highway system!
Later about the return trip through points south. If still allowed to post after this mess! Should be a legal limit for using a computer just like driving!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 11:20:01 PM »

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]oops again
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.