Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: side covers  (Read 3033 times)

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
side covers
« on: March 11, 2004, 10:17:51 PM »

I really do love my fxr4 (yellow). Its a terrific ride. The ONLY thing that I don't love about the bike are those side covers! I wish they had done some graphic work on them. They are just a bit too much.  Anyone else feel this way or is it just me? Any suggestions?

KSims1868

• Pearl FXR3 - lovin it!
Re: side covers
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 11:36:18 PM »

Sometimes I don't like them...and sometimes I do.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 11:37:33 PM by KSims1868 »
Life's a garden...dig it!

fxr4

• ride it like you stole it
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 11:46:07 PM »

I agree KSimms especially about the newbs. Hatchetjak I saw a pic. somewhere of a yellow FXR4 and the sideplates had a small design on them the color of the maroon on the tank. I think you'll know the color I mean. It wasn't anything extravagant but it blended in well. When I 1st saw it I thought mine was missing something. Just my .02

hatchetjak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 08:47:27 PM »

Yeah, it's a love/hate thing with me too...Well here's what I did...I put small black pinstripe along the inside contour of the cover, and then bought two HD conchos (with leather backs) and attached them to the bolts nearest the engine....It adds some contrast...I'll probably leave it that way.  I know what you guys mean about people not knowing what kind of HD it is. I have yet to find anyone around here that I haven't had to give a CVO lesson to.....Its a what??? lol!

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 12:18:17 PM »

I know what you guys mean about people not knowing what kind of HD it is. I have yet to find anyone around here that I haven't had to give a CVO lesson to.....Its a what??? lol!

I know this is a really old thread, but I just HAVE to add...

I had to explain mine to the DEALER parts guy when I brought it to Tampa from LA. When I asked for a part for my 2000 FXR4, he replied authoritatively, "They didn't make an FXR in 2000". And so began the lesson...

You are dead-on about the true "been there, done that" died-in-the-wool bikers though; not only will they always recognize an FXR - they will be unable to resist talking to you about it!
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »

Sometimes I don't like them...and sometimes I do.
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 04:39:22 PM »

I had to explain mine to the DEALER parts guy when I brought it to Tampa from LA. When I asked for a part for my 2000 FXR4, he replied authoritatively, "They didn't make an FXR in 2000". And so began the lesson...

You're not the lone stranger.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 04:44:14 PM by RedFXR2 »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 03:30:25 PM »

For what it's worth, Chopper Guys makes a really nice side cover out of tin vice plastic. It's the same shape as the ones on your 3's and 4's only tin so it paints easier.  Check it out.  www.chopperguys.com  

Just adding my $0.02 to the discussion

Big B
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 05:51:14 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.