Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Chrome for starter  (Read 7969 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Chrome for starter
« on: November 10, 2005, 05:02:41 PM »

All I want is 2 small pieces of Chrome someone must do them. 2 end caps for starter & solenoid. If HD do the complete starter in chrome (31559-99) surely you could get the end caps? Does any one have any Ideas or am I being too difficult? Should I just be getting my stock ones chromed?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 05:03:47 PM by twolanerider »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Chrome for starter
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 05:04:40 PM »

Perhaps they're available as service replacement parts.  Hit the parts counter and ask to see an exploded view of the chromed starter.  Then see if the pieces can be ordered by themselves.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 05:10:35 PM »

Perhaps they're available as service replacement parts.  Hit the parts counter and ask to see an exploded view of the chromed starter.  Then see if the pieces can be ordered by themselves.

Why didn't I think of that? (no need to answer that)

Thanks Twolane

[smiley=drink.gif]

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 05:11:41 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 11:51:09 PM »

Somwhere in these threads was the answer to the starter problem. Can man and I were working on these same issues, its wild to see you guys doing the same mods.

The high performance starter used on these bikes are made by Nippondenso, and the cover I used is a DS-325197 from Drag Specialties
http://www.bikerparts2go.com/en-us/dept_84.html

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 11:51:49 PM by reo »

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 11:32:50 PM »

Somwhere in these threads was the answer to the starter problem. Can man and I were working on these same issues, its wild to see you guys doing the same mods.

The high performance starter used on these bikes are made by Nippondenso, and the cover I used is a DS-325197 from Drag Specialties
Thanx Reo,
Did you also get a solenoid cover or do your pipes cover the solenoid.

[smiley=drink.gif]

« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 11:38:08 PM by twolanerider »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 08:55:36 AM »

Thanx Reo,
Did you also get a solenoid cover or do your pipes cover the solenoid.

[smiley=drink.gif]

My pipes don't cover the solenoid, the solenoid cover is not very noticable due to its location but had to go chrome. I used the 31783-00 harley version.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442048211&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302288971&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302288971&bmUID=1131802907779&bmLocale=en_US

Here's a pic of my bike whith the chrome starter cover and solenoid cover. The picture doesn't really show the solenoid cover good but without the chrome cover the black cover didn't look good to me contrasting in the red and chrome area.
http://royogren.com/gallery/additions/aaz?full=1

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 11:18:14 AM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, reo,
  What's up, man?  Good to see you on the Site!  How's Jack?  Back to business, does your Bike have the same starter as an Ultra? If so, he could purchase the end cap and cover for an Ultra.  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 08:07:40 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, reo,
  What's up, man?  Good to see you on the Site!  How's Jack?  Back to business, does your Bike have the same starter as an Ultra? If so, he could purchase the end cap and cover for an Ultra.  Later--HUBBARD  

Things are good HUBBARD.

Jack had a recent job change but he's ok. He told me he missed you in Florida.

I've been told the starter is different, the end cap I posted earlier works and more importantly looks good.

Thanks reo.....

Pifemaster

• Pifemaster
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 09:45:39 AM »

Hello everyone - 1st post on the board. I have been lurking for about a week now.

I just tried ordering the DS-325197 starter end cover from my local stealer and they told me it was discontinued. I called Drag and confirmed this myself. Has anyone found an alterative chrome end cap?
Thank you,
Robert Pfeifer

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 10:04:59 AM »

Hello everyone - 1st post on the board. I have been lurking for about a week now.

I just tried ordering the DS-325197 starter end cover from my local stealer and they told me it was discontinued. I called Drag and confirmed this myself. Has anyone found an alterative chrome end cap?

Being that this part has just recently been discontinued I would think you can find one of these still available. Use google.com and type in DS-325197, then confirm online if they still have one in stock. The starter used on these bikes is a Nipondenso requiring a different end cap from the standard starters used.

Pifemaster

• Pifemaster
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 10:28:24 AM »

Being that this part has just recently been discontinued I would think you can find one of these still available. Use google.com and type in DS-325197, then confirm online if they still have one in stock. The starter used on these bikes is a Nipondenso requiring a different end cap from the standard starters used.

Just did a search online and found a company in Texas ( http://www.competitionmotorcycle.com ) that said he can definitely still get me one, so I ordered it from them and we will see.
Thank you,
Robert Pfeifer

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 03:02:39 PM »

Just did a search online and found a company in Texas ( http://www.competitionmotorcycle.com ) that said he can definitely still get me one, so I ordered it from them and we will see.

That sounds a bit strange to me I ordered 1 from drag specialties on the 25th Nov, no problem I know they shipped it on 29th Nov, expect it to turn up any day now.

[smiley=drink.gif]

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Pifemaster

• Pifemaster
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 03:24:12 PM »

That sounds a bit strange to me I ordered 1 from drag specialties on the 25th Nov, no problem I know they shipped it on 29th Nov, expect it to turn up any day now.

After my local stealer told me it was discontinued, I called directly to Drag and they confirmed this for me. I did order it from Competition Motorcycle and I am still waiting for it to arrive.
Thank you,
Robert Pfeifer

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 03:26:48 PM »

After my local stealer told me it was discontinued, I called directly to Drag and they confirmed this for me. I did order it from Competition Motorcycle and I am still waiting for it to arrive.

Hope I get mine,

[smiley=drink.gif]will let you know

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Pifemaster

• Pifemaster
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 06:00:17 PM »

WOO HOO!!!!! - It just came via UPS.

Now I have a question for reo (or anyone else that may know) can I install the new starter end cap (DS-325197) without pulling the old end cap off of the starter? It looks like you just remove the 2 existing inner screws and mount the spacers - cover & longer screws, but I don't want to loosen the existing screws only to find out they are holding brushes or something else in place.
Thank you,
Robert Pfeifer
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.