Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Must Have Changes to the SE Ultra  (Read 60484 times)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
Re: Must Have Changes to the SE Ultra
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 12:49:46 PM »

I hope this pic is helpful in showing how the 06 tour pak is secured
This pic was taken standing directly behind the tour pak, looking into the pak with out the liner
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 12:56:09 PM by jeffj »

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 12:51:12 PM »

Here is a pic showing how the 4 bolts are secured underneath the tour pak
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 12:53:28 PM by jeffj »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 06:05:41 PM »

Jeff, on your rather long list ( I'm jealous ) of HD parts, you listed your Air Cleaner as 29773-02B, which is the Street legal version. Just curious, considering you have a non street legal setup, why did you not go with the SE Pro unit 29440-99C ?  I'm in the process of gathering part numbers for mine and had planned on using the latter.  Just want to be sure which one will work and why you chose the one you did.

Thanks, Robert
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 08:05:55 PM »

Jeff, on your rather long list ( I'm jealous ) of HD parts, you listed your Air Cleaner as 29773-02B, which is the Street legal version. Just curious, considering you have a non street legal setup, why did you not go with the SE Pro unit 29440-99C ?  I'm in the process of gathering part numbers for mine and had planned on using the latter.  Just want to be sure which one will work and why you chose the one you did.

Thanks, Robert

Robert, to answer your question on part numbers I can't as I assumed/thought I got the correct part #.
Anyone know if the other Air Cleaner Part # will make scooter perform any different?
I am going to have to stop by the local HD Dealer tomorrow and inquire.

LOL -  Yeah I have maybe went a little over board on shinny parts and such but this is my passion and hobby.

Robert, what changes are you going to make with your new scooter?
Bet your excited and can't wait for the day the HD Truck delivers your new scooter

Thanks again for pointing out the difference in part numbers

jeffj

06 Blk Crimson

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 08:35:03 PM »

I think jeff ordered that new color that HD is not telling us about, the Chrome & Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE ;D Jeff has helped me with picking out some shinny new parts for my bike, cant wait to get them all on. I hope I can still lift it off the kick stand  ;D ;D
06 Blk Crimson charcoal Slate
Rinehart True Duals
SE Race tunner
Dyno'ed 97.0 HP 99.1 lbs of TQ
lots of Chrome lol
2002 Custom Indian Chief

_usa_eagle_

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 11:22:31 PM »

I think Jeff owns ALOT of HD stock,, because he told me a long time ago,, what all he had added to his bike.  My HD Dealer,, has a whole bin, full of parts, with my name on them, for my bike, IF it ever gets in,,but  NOT as many as Jeff.  I am new to these SE's,,  so I figured there wasnt alot you could add to the bike.  BOY,,,,,,,,,  was I wrong!!   I do appreciate everything Jeff has helped me with,,   but that may change,,  once I see what the final tally will be when I take the bike out of the shop,, for the first time!!   Thanx again Jeff !!!
06 Ultra SE    - Crimson/Slate
05 Deluxe      - Pearl White/Black  
00 Road King  - Cobalt Blue
95 Fatboy       - Blue/Silver

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 07:36:14 AM »

Hey Jeff, thanks for the info. Let us know what the dealer tells you. It is my understanding that the AC you used would be for someone doing a stage I, 49 state, street legal set up out of the regular catalog.  Since you went with the freedom package you could have gone with the Pro AC, which is just the old tried and true unit, but it is now referred to differently and is in the SE Race catalog. That is the one I intend (ed) to use, if and when my bike ever gets here.  Put my deposit down in Aug.
  As for other mods, my plan is to go with the 6 speed gearset w/3.37 gearing, a SERT, the above mentioned AC, and I'm still deciding on exhaust. Really having trouble with this aspect of it though as I don't want loud, and I don't really know if I can deal with the look of a 2 in 1, so I'm still pondering. Maybe a good set of pipes will fall out of the sky for me. LOL

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 03:25:43 PM »

Thanks, Robert

I had a chance to stop by the HD dealer this morning and asked about the difference of:
29773-02B vs. 29440-99C and he said the only difference that he knew was the ECM Calibration
When we compared both Parts by Picture they show the same configuration of parts
That's my story and I am sticking to it until someone else comes up with something different
I know my scooter runs really good with the setup I have and I Like It

You guys don't be telling your wife/gf about my Chrome Addiction  as she might think I had
something to do with you buying all those Chrome Shinny parts.....LOL

jeffj
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 03:32:28 PM by jeffj »

06 Blk Crimson

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 06:22:07 PM »

;D Hell  Jeff my wife put you on our Christmas list,  8-) so you better be good and keep those part numbers comming, I need to start that list as while....

Thanks again for your help !
06 Blk Crimson charcoal Slate
Rinehart True Duals
SE Race tunner
Dyno'ed 97.0 HP 99.1 lbs of TQ
lots of Chrome lol
2002 Custom Indian Chief

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 06:42:42 PM »

Interesting Jeff.  When I looked up the part numbers last nite, I also compared the two pictures and they do look identical.  Maybe just more HD bullsh!t to confuse us poor bikers.  Good luck with the new cams.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2005, 12:55:50 PM »

Back when I purchased my SE air cleaner, I asked the same question of 3 different parts managers at various dealerships.  They all indicated that as best they could tell they were the exact same parts.  One actually had both part numbers in stock and offered to pull them out for us to compare.  Visually, they are identical except one had a "For Racing Use Only" sticker on it and the other didn't.  Since they are both priced the same, I can't figure what would cause H-D to carry them under different part numbers.  BTW - I suggest that you check to see if they have stopped using the paper element and gone back to the real K&N oiled filter.  If not, I would suggest going to the Ness Big Sucker with the genuine K&N element.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 03:13:02 PM »

Over the weekend I experienced the 1st frost in Central Valley of CA
I will tell you the Heated Hand Grips are Great and Seat Warmer was Nice too
Can anyone design and build a Floorboard Boot/Shoe Warmer?
If my hands and feet stay warm I think I could ride almost anytime
OK maybe not in snow or ice but in Central CA it doesn't snow but once every 50 years
But hey we have really Heavy FOG and I mean Heavy FOG

jeffj
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 03:15:39 PM by jeffj »

Ramblin Man

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2005, 09:49:10 PM »

Jeff, Just curious.  You said you added the "Legend Air Ride - 2404-1001".  Is that because the ride of the stock bike wasn't smooth enough?  Does the Legend Air Ride make much difference?  
2006 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
2005 Softail Deluxe (sold 10/15/05)
2003 Dyna Wide Glide (still ridin' it)
1998 Sportster (sold)

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 09:26:49 PM »

Jeff, Just curious.  You said you added the "Legend Air Ride - 2404-1001".  Is that because the ride of the stock bike wasn't smooth enough?  Does the Legend Air Ride make much difference?  

Nope on the ride the CUSE is pretty smooth with stock air shocks

LOL...It's cause I got short stubby legs and it was tough to throw my leg over the saddle...don't tell know body that...please
All I do is slam the bike as low as it goes then throw my leg over and bring additional air into the Legends.

I like the air ride as I don't ride double up much but when I do all I need to do is put a little more air in system...yeah you could call me lazy

One thing that I have noticed since I went with air ride is on a bumpy road I can trim the ride out simular to when you trim the motor on a motor boat.

In the next week or so I am going to do a review of the Legend Air Ride System
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 09:31:08 PM by jeffj »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 09:49:41 PM »

[smiley=stunned.gif] No floating rotor on the rear of the SEUC?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.