Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: Must Have Changes to the SE Ultra  (Read 60637 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Must Have Changes to the SE Ultra
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2007, 02:02:28 AM »

Finally got the covers for the switches.  Had the shop do them when I got my new tins.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:07:26 AM by Rjob749 »

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2007, 02:31:37 AM »

They look very cool :2vrolijk_21:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2007, 01:05:52 PM »

Finally got the covers for the switches.  Had the shop do them when I got my new tins.

To me that is about the finest $30 investment that could be made on any Harley.  Also gives you an excuse to  :drink: whaile you try to put the da_ _ things on!  :dizzy2:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2007, 06:33:28 PM »

I've got 'em and havn't even put them on yet...figured I'd have to get in the right frame of mind or I'd be slinging chit all over the basement... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:11 PM »

I bought a set for the Deuce and one for the SEEG 2 years ago...installed the ones on the Deuce and swore I would never try to install them on the SEEG...never did...but I still have them and maybe the Ultra will get them...over six hours for the Deuce and lots of blown fuses and a throttle friction pad or whatever it is called eaten by the garage monster...don't think they are goin' on...
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2007, 07:03:19 PM »

I've got 'em and havn't even put them on yet...figured I'd have to get in the right frame of mind or I'd be slinging chit all over the basement... ;)

I bought a set for the Deuce and one for the SEEG 2 years ago...installed the ones on the Deuce and swore I would never try to install them on the SEEG...never did...but I still have them and maybe the Ultra will get them...over six hours for the Deuce and lots of blown fuses and a throttle friction pad or whatever it is called eaten by the garage monster...don't think they are goin' on...

I brought them up in another thread last year and everyone talked me out of them.  Then when I was at the shop with the paint rebuild I asked how much to put them on.  One Hour, deal I figured.  Crap $60.00 and no swearing, broken anything etc.  I sure like them since I didn't have to do them :bananarock:

Here's another picture.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:11:22 PM by Rjob749 »

RetiredOF

• Senior CVO Member
  • Coming soon to a location near you!
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2007, 10:12:05 PM »

If you carry a passenger I would have to say the first must have would be a relo kit for the tourpak, get that thing moved back some and give them a little room.  I used one from the guy below and it works great, went on easier than the Kuryakyn kit and you can't even notice it's on the bike, plus it allows you to adjust it to 2 different positions while mounted.  Ya gotta call him, he has no website but is really great to deal with.

George Anderson
Moline, IL
309-762-6291

I've used this kit on my 07 seuc and ridden with it for several thousand miles with no problems at all.  Wife loves the extra room.
I believe Sarge has the same thing on his uc and likes it as well.

RetiredOF

Member 3063

REGGAB

« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2007, 11:29:22 AM »

I helped a buddy put these things on his 03 RK, and swore that if I ever did it to my bike.........or helped anyone do it again, there would be condtions.  1.  PLENTY of beer.  2.  Nothing else I should be doing, so I can devote as much time as needed to the task, without worrying about anything else.  This task requires lots of time and even more patience.  I possess neither.

On a personal note, I think these switch covers look awesome.  Of course, I've yet to find any chrome that doesn't look great.  The only problem I can see is what appears to me to be a lack of acceptable contrast between the switch identification script and the surrounding chrome.  Of course, we all know these switches by feel alone...............but with my frequent brain farts due to information overload and tunnel vision, I'd need to be occasionally reminded of what switch performs what function.  Again, simply my preference only.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2007, 01:57:23 PM »

I helped a buddy put these things on his 03 RK, and swore that if I ever did it to my bike.........or helped anyone do it again, there would be condtions. 

Henry, those switch covers are an unbelievable pain in the ass.  ANYONE that knowingly volunteers to help someone else put that little bastards in deserves to be institutionalized for the duration. 

REGGAB

« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2007, 02:48:18 PM »

Henry, those switch covers are an unbelievable pain in the ass.  ANYONE that knowingly volunteers to help someone else put that little bastards in deserves to be institutionalized for the duration. 

That would be..............ME!   :huepfenjump3: 

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2007, 11:06:04 PM »

:zroflmao:

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2007, 05:59:56 AM »

I've got the caps on all my bikes and I can positively say, I didn't do any of them.  I bought the first set and brought them home, opened the package and read the directions... I immediately came in the house, called the dealer and asked when I could get an appointment to have them installed.  The best news is all the bikes still run without a problem since the dealer did it, otherwise, they'd all be sitting in the garage with parts laying all around them!  :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3:

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

RetiredOF

• Senior CVO Member
  • Coming soon to a location near you!
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »

WFP,

I'm a newby and pretty ignorant about this posting stuff so I would appreciate your help.

Really like the maps at the bottom of your posts.  Where can I get them and how do I add them?

TIA

RetiredOF
Member 3063

vagabond6542

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2007, 11:15:53 AM »

[06 Blk Crimson][/Has any lowered their bike, I was thinking about it not sure though, things I have done,]

I have lowered a FLHTCUSE2 "07".  It changed the ground clearance by 3/4".  Being inseam challenged, it worked out great for me.

Vagabond

EGUC7

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2007, 04:18:41 PM »

After seeing the Bike last Monday, this is the stuff that I had to have the Dealer install (not counting header pipes, breather and SERT):
Chrome Switch Caps
Radio and Gauge Faceplate Trim
Seat Handles

I need the seat handles to push and pull the Trike around.  My budget ran out just around the rear bumper on the Trike kit, so reverse gear would be nice, but can't afford.

After I win the lottery, the next stuff to add would be:
Air Horn
Oil Temp Gauge
Chrome Inner Primary

As a testimony to the success of the 12 step chromeaholics program, note the largest piece of chrome is listed last!

Ride Safe.
Walt
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.