Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: California Girl Gets a Face Lift.  (Read 2581 times)

Ms Tedi

• My Street Dream & California Girl & Mardi Gras

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTC-SE Candy Cobalt & Starlight Black wi Copper and Blue Pinstriping
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE2 "Mardi Gras" Yellow Blue & Red
    • CVO3: 2009 FXDF-SE Black Diamond & Fire Quartz 1987 FXR-C
California Girl Gets a Face Lift.
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:54:41 AM »

The girl finally got her mid-controls and a smaller compensating sprocket (3 teeth less).  What a difference in handling, balance and acceleration.  The new bags and a chrome inner primary sure add some style.  Love it all, but wish the bags were convertible.  Anybody have any ideas on making the bags easy on and off? 

Ms Tedi

PS  Get jealous guys  I'm leaving for Colorado on my FLHTC-SE   California Girl will have to stay home

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
Re: California Girl Gets a Face Lift.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 01:26:44 AM »

I USED THESE ON MY OLD VTX. http://www.easybrackets.com/compare.html THEY WORKED VERY WELL. HAD TO MODIFY THE BAGS SLIGHTLY. THEY ARE ALSO LOCKABLE.
  Gary

dirtyoldman

• 0 to 100 in WTF?!?!
  • Junior CVO Member
  • ain't retired,,, I'm at RECESS!!

• CVO1: 09 CVO FATBOB
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 06:42:46 PM »

ha! looks like mine now, but i've put the HD heel rests forward (under the brake / shifter) and the pipes. I'm working on pop - off for the HD bags, and look like it's going to use the easybrakets.  I love the way it looks bagless,, but they are soooo damn handy. I do the grocery shopping on it,,, but not Costco,,,

any updates on chrome for the motor? anyone KNOW what case covers / batt / fuse actually FIT the CVO 110? I'm thinking she's halfway there,,  might as well turn her into a Chrome Ho',,,
'til that time, Ustes, 'til that time,,,

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »

Just put the easybrackets on my wife's 04 SE Deuce (http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=38084.0). Good solution although you gotta think it through a step at a time as the instructions are not well written.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 01:46:46 AM »

Ms Tedi, could you post a better, close up picture of your mid controls. And cost if you don't mind me asking.
 Thanks,
  Gary

Ms Tedi

• My Street Dream & California Girl & Mardi Gras

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTC-SE Candy Cobalt & Starlight Black wi Copper and Blue Pinstriping
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE2 "Mardi Gras" Yellow Blue & Red
    • CVO3: 2009 FXDF-SE Black Diamond & Fire Quartz 1987 FXR-C
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 08:42:39 PM »

As to the first question, I will post better pictures as soon as I can get them.  Second, The shifter is the same one used for the forward controls.  You can either get another matching set of footpegs (I think they are called Ironside collection 50935-07) or chose ones like I did that were similar but more rounded.  They just work better.  All the rest of the parts were collected.  I was able to find a set of midcontrol take offs from a Dyna custom but any of the Dyna midcontrols will work.  I purchased from the dealer and install a new inner and outer primary.  If you go this way, be sure to get the most up to date inner primary as the 60794-06 will only work with a 2006.  You need 60794-06B.  I am very please with the finished product and the balance with midcontrols is perfect.

Ms Tedi, the California Girl

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »

I think Terrie emailed you about the ride to Colorado.....to the Women Riders conference.

We're waking up in Las Vegas this morning and heading towards St. George, Utah.  May head on up to Colorad Springs today.  Might just bump into you. I can spot those blue and black SEEGs a mile away. :2vrolijk_21:  I'm on a 10 SESG (blue of course!) and Terrie's on an 09 red Street Glide.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 08:19:21 AM »

The best modifications for the bags are to remove them, permanantly. Don't you have a Touring bike already?  The Fat Bob was designed to look muscular and mean. If it was meant to have bags it would have come with them.

You asked.

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 22 queries.