Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kuryakyn brake lights  (Read 1097 times)

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
Kuryakyn brake lights
« on: January 22, 2006, 11:02:33 AM »

I know I have to change my stock brake light out to an LED cluster, but not sure which one. Probably a Kuryakyn...They seem to have what looks like a match to the factory size and shape, the same in smoked (deluxe), then a laydown in red, but not smoked...I wonder why. That is the one I would really like! Then they have a low profile in red and smoked but they are not recommended for our bikes, again why? Anyway, to the point. If you have replaced your brake light with anything, could you post pics....from the side would be GREAT! I am planning on removing my tour-pak and want a sleeker look to the brake light. THANX!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 11:10:04 AM by SE_ULTRA »
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Kuryakyn brake lights
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »

A friend of mine had the top of the line Kuryakyn L.E.D. tail lights and directionals on his '04 road glide. He said he didn't like them because their lack of visibilty in the daylight. I thought he was just being paranoid, until I was riding behind his bike one day. Wow, he was right, I could hardly tell if the lights where working or not! They where all practically invisible from the sunlight. Very dangerous!!!!! He called Kuryakyn about this, and they just said that they never had any complaints and that's the way they are.

He returned them and went back to stock.

Just my thought's from what I've seen.

Take Care,

Grover

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 12:39:46 PM »

Grover, ditto on the Duryakyn brake light not being visable in the daytime.  I have the one that's smoked w/ the little verticle chrome deal in the middle and it's ok at night but not adequate in the daytime.  I like the looks/style so I solved my problem recently by installing the HD brake light splitter-deal that turns your rear turn signals into brake lights.  Works great.  And coupled with my pink helmet, surely they can see me now.  :o Har!  ;D spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 12:58:54 PM »

Grover, ditto on the Duryakyn brake light not being visable in the daytime.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 01:16:34 PM »

I wouldn't worry about the brake lights Spyder....anyone in their right mind would think twice about running over a biker that had the ba$$'s to wear a pink helmet....
Brian, the worse place (for me, anyway) to get run over is down there in Fla. where you are.......everytime I do down in that area, I have close calls w/ cages.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 01:48:02 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 01:51:21 PM »

Brian, you the worse place (for me, anyway) to get run over is down there in Fla. where you are.......everytime I do down in that area, I have close calls w/ cages.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.