Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: drag bar installation??  (Read 3142 times)

speedydog5

• Junior CVO Member
drag bar installation??
« on: March 08, 2010, 01:11:30 PM »

how hard to install drag bars on my 2002 fxdwg3 i bought carlinis do i need to pull off tank etc.do i have to take off wires all the way back to battery area, cause i can,t disconnect at switches at all they are sealed no pins to pull out WTF!!! :( and i want to run them through handlebars and is splicing the only option??

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: drag bar installation??
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »

Did mine about six years back and we cut the pins and installed new pins the wireing harness is real long and has lot of slack , it runs inside the backbone of the frame if my memeory is correct  getting the harness back in the frame is a little pain and pulling the wires in the bars can be also.. take your time and it will work out  also try useing weed eater line to fish the wires it works great....

speedydog5

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 10:13:04 PM »

Did mine about six years back and we cut the pins and installed new pins the wireing harness is real long and has lot of slack , it runs inside the backbone of the frame if my memeory is correct  getting the harness back in the frame is a little pain and pulling the wires in the bars can be also.. take your time and it will work out  also try useing weed eater line to fish the wires it works great....
how do i get to the pins the harness does run through the frame but it seems like it goes all the way back to the battery did you remove tank??

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »

how do i get to the pins the harness does run through the frame but it seems like it goes all the way back to the battery did you remove tank??
   I cut the pin off at the control switches and pulled the wires out of the bars then pulled the harness out of the frame to make some slack  we had plenty of wire to pull back into the new bars ... we did not remove the tank  look for rubber plug on the end of the backbone  thats where we pulled the slack wire back into the frame  hope this helps....

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.