Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Going to get flamed for this one!  (Read 5265 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Going to get flamed for this one!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 01:53:35 PM »

I think Spider and Hub' pretty much answered from this side of the street. My thoughts are Harley is an American Icon, and it has 'soul', and no doubt the most loyal ownership on two wheels bar none. Sure, they've got problems and they're pointed out here often. But, hey've been around 100+ years. Honda is a quality product, but let's face it they started out as a copy of US cycles, just like the Japanese cars. If you want to blend in, ride the bus. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

See: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1137965646  :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 01:56:17 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 02:47:55 PM »

Hell; I just like the shirts.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 04:07:11 PM »

What will be flaming will be your' a$$ when you decide you don't want it any more.

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »

Not so fast on the resale value holding up on the Harleys.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 04:43:17 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RedFXR2

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 05:38:21 PM »

I'm a Salesman, too, they say, that just won't take NO for an answer.

RedFXR2

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 05:44:50 PM »

As far as losing $$$ on the Honda on the resale, are you talking actual dollars or a per cent of what was initially paid?

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 09:26:27 PM »

I agree with alot said. I just felt like this was a good opportunity to open up some good conversation about bikes, what we expect etc in general. I think Hubbard hit it right on the head when he talked about spite. I had to swallow hard and take the plunge to buy the GL. I also agree about it being more of a toy than an investment. I love my SEfatboy, this new ride provides the opportunity to "save" some miles. I want her to look as good as she does now 25 years from now when I pull her out for the short runs or weekend getaway on occassion. What I was seeking when I picked up with the GW is indeed a disposable bike. I will rack up a ton of miles, probably never clean it and basically abuse the thing. It happens to suite my particular needs in the touring department. My Harleys will not be ridden much less than they are now. I daily commute to work everyday and the risk of some Ahole in a cage cutting me off or crashing in to me is evident everyday. I wont be hurt in my heart so much if they smash the wing. I wont mind that its out there in the rain getting water spots on my chrome.If it were a Harley I would. I baby the hell out of my H-Ds because I love them with that passion everyone talked about earlier. That hasn't changed one bit.

One post mentioned the difference between a hotrod and a Lexus. I totally agree with him. I as a consumer already know I am not recieving much value in any product that I purchase although one may be greater than another. One thing I do expect is SERVICE. I am one of those who will tip equally to my bill if the food sucked but the server was terrific.

Maybe there is a generational gap between baby boomers and Gen X. I don't have a whole lot of history in real life experience concerning all things Harley like the introduction of the panhead and the shovelhead. I WISH I DID. I do LOVE H-D bikes, but I have two of em already in my garage. I have road across country on a Heritage Softail Classic and thats what made me want a touring bike. Then trying to keep biased opinion aside and looking at things rationally I shopped for one. I spent alot of time doing some research and trying to make a well informed unbiased decision. The fact the GL is a Honda made me put it off more than I should have. Already owning a couple of great H-Ds the selling me on individuality speel is not very effective. I already know all this, I can hang out and ride with any group I want to and get on my HOG whenever I want. There is a tiny piece of my soul that winces with a small voice telling me that "I can't believe I sold out to a Honda", I bet I will get over it when I get back from Cali on my Wing and fire up my fatboy a rip down to the local watering hole and talk of my adventure coast to coast and back........I just will keep hushed about the fact I did it on a Honda [smiley=ons_1.gif]

As for leaving the family and coming back...I have never left and will always be in it. I have only plans to add to my Fatboy and it shall never see another owner until I pass it on to my next of kin. I still have plenty of ideas on what I would like to mod on her!

I too always sort of felt like if I am gonna ride a GW I might as well drive a car, well it has actually become my daily commuter "car" ...........I was also exploring the option of a new cage...........but nothing floated my boat much .so my GW is also my new car cept it has two wheels still, which is always better than 4 no matter what the brand! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

They say you meet the nicest people on a Honda..they don't tell ya they are all on a Harley though in the ad [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 09:47:34 PM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 10:04:22 PM »

I agree with alot of the statements already made. Whatever you decide to ride is your prerogative. Fatboyscott owns more than one bike. And has said that if he could own only one bike, that it'd be H.D.
Yes, the Goldwing has more trinkets and is much more advanced than H.D will ever be. But does it have the WOW factor? No it does not! My best buddy owned an '03 Goldwing and always went on numerous MDA rides, rallys and tours with us. We switched bikes a few times, and their comments were always "wow that's pretty cool", our comments were just that's a nice bike (kinda vanilla though). Lynn said she would rather have a VW Beetle convertable. He owned it for one summer, sold it over winter and bought a '04 Roadglide and just bought a '06 SE Ultra. They say they have alot more fun on the Harley. He says that HD doesn't handle or brake nearly as good as the G-wing, but the ride is much more comfortable and enjoyable. I went to a wingding with him once, all very nice people, but it just didn't have the wow factor of a V-twin gathering.
  How many of us have gone to a car show? How long do you stick around looking at the 80's to present models? I believe we spend most of our time WOWing over the old muscle cars and rods. It's the American heritage that attracts so many people.

I too wave to ALL bikers on the road. I myself have owned sport bikes and muscle cruisers. I'd like a BMW for commuting (wouldn't wake up the neighborhood in a.m.)

I won't flame you sefatboyscott, but I won't WOW you either!

Take care and ride free, [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Grover

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 10:09:31 PM »

I have road across country on a Heritage Softail Classic and thats what made me want a touring bike. ]
I was riding acoss country on a softtail when I met two guys doing the same thing on a couple of those little HONDA Scooters.  So, people ride all different bikes, but the main thing is, they RIDE !!!   ;D Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 10:11:48 PM »

Grover I looked at the BMW as well. Your right about the wow factor indeed. (butI got one of those too!)The GW is my new daily commuter and serious long distance hauler. I dont want to abuse my babies like that and I dont quite have enough flexible income to get another baby just to abuse. With my passion for Harleys it would not be long before I was bankrupt from modifying the electra glide had I chosen it for a tourer. The Wing has no future "plans" other than being filled with gas and regular maintenance. I would rather drop my wallet into one of my babies and spoil it rotten while I abuse the bastard stepchild! The BMW just didn't fit me right in the ergonomics there is no other way to explain it, it's a nice bike too though.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 10:14:35 PM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 10:18:57 PM »

Grover I looked at the BMW as well. Your right about the wow factor indeed. (butI got one of those too!)The GW is my new daily commuter and serious long distance hauler. I dont want to abuse my babies like that and I dont quite have enough flexible income to get another baby just to abuse. With my passion for Harleys it would not be long before I was bankrupt from modifying the electra glide had I chosen it for a tourer. The Wing has no future "plans" other than being filled with gas and regular maintenance. I would rather drop my wallet into one of my babies and spoil it rotten [highlight]while I abuse the bastard stepchild![/highlight] The BMW just didn't fit me right in the ergonomics there is no other way to explain it, it's a nice bike too though.

LOL!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  One thing for sure though, you can abuse the hell out of Honda for years to come without any issues [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 06:07:18 AM »

The only other bike that i would like to own except a harley would be a triumph rocket III and that would be a second or 3rd bike.My dealer tried to sell me a brand new touring BMW for 22.000 euros when i went to order my fatboyse.It was 3000 euros below the msrp and had all the bells and whistles nice bike too but just not a harley.To me its not only riding but its riding a harley.The sound alone is enough to decide lol.But on the other hand Goldwing is a good bike and may satisfy your needs for daily commute.I only ride for fun and i dont commute everyday my work is at walking distance.There are people that have corvettes for the weekends but they drive something else to the work right?Heres a pic of Rocket III for inquring minds lol.2200 cc chit load of torque and hp nice cruiser not necessarily a tourer tough.
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 06:08:16 AM »

another pic
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 06:09:23 AM »

and a customised one lemme hear what u think
Ridin Legend

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 08:12:18 AM »

Don't know why I didn't save myself a whole bunch of time and effort on my first post

[size=18]How many people have Honda tatoos ? [/size]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.