Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Screamin' Eagle Road King Value?  (Read 2945 times)

MrMoto

• Life is good!
Screamin' Eagle Road King Value?
« on: April 14, 2004, 01:15:43 AM »

I am seriously considering purchasing one of these bikes(02 or 03).  Where all these models fuel injected?    What would be a reasonable amount I should expect to have to pay?  Any thoughts or help in determining a fair price would be appreciated.  Thank you

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Screamin' Eagle Road King Value?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 08:41:01 AM »

yes they are all injected bikes, fair value is a tough call like any H-D bike they will hold their value, the 03's are more expensive bigger motor 100th year bike..... if you find one for sale the person seling will probally want to get what they paid for the bike which could be anywhere from MSRP to MSRP+8k

as of 8:30 am on the east coast

2003 $19,999  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2472156308&category=49994

2002 purple $20,400 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2473137989&category=49996

2002 red $17,100 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2473370513&category=49996

good luck with your search
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 08:59:02 PM »

CAMBLESS HARLEY DAVIDSON IN MARION ILLINOIS            HAS GOT A BRAND NEW 03SERK ON THE FLOOR FOR AROUND 28900. HAPPY HUNTING [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 11:07:09 PM »

I just sold my FLHRSEI Candy/Brandywine for $23,500.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 11:08:22 PM by h2oski »

powerhaulic

• Wrench
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 02:22:20 PM »

I am looking at an '03, only add on is a Rinehart exhaust. The bike has very low miles, They want $27k what are your opinions. I know the moco built more of this model than any other CVO, has this hurt the value. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
'04 FXSTB
'89 XLH
'03 FLHPI 103

mfgreen

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 10:40:41 AM »

I am looking at an '03, only add on is a Rinehart exhaust. The bike has very low miles, They want $27k what are your opinions. I know the moco built more of this model than any other CVO, has this hurt the value. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

The price is consistent with what I have seen from the midwest and the east. There are always considerations of your budget and what extras you are going to put on.  When you read through the threads about this model and the other, more generalized threads, you will gain a sense of what has been done to optimize each particular bike.  Memorial Day weekend I was in Zanesville, Ohio and looked at a totally stock 03 with less than 500 miles for $29995.00, claimed they would not budge.

One member of this site, flhrsei-2_for_sale,  has a great
'03 SERK available. It is in pristine condition with all of the good extras already in place, the original parts that were replaced before delivery are in "new", unused condition.  For a little bit more money than what you are looking at spending with the above mentioned bike you would be getting one with 6 more years of warranty and the dyno sheets to go with it. You can contact her at memoque@hotmail.com or YIM at metmoque.  

The concerns, that I would address with the one that you are looking at, are with the addition of the Rinehart exhaust, the efficiency of the mapping of the ECM has not been optimized......usually a K&N air cleaner/filter has been added and the ECM reflashed for the new mapping. In addaition, many owners have opted to not reflash using the H-D factory mapping ....... they have gone to the Race Tuner or the Power Commander for a more available tweaking of the settings that they or their technicians are pursuing for the performance levels they are trying to achieve.  

powerhaulic

• Wrench
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 10:45:16 AM »

Thanks for the reply, I mispoke about the only addition being the exhaust. It also has an air cleaner upgrade and simple reflash but that is all.
'04 FXSTB
'89 XLH
'03 FLHPI 103

mfgreen

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2004, 11:01:51 AM »

Thanks for the reply, I mispoke about the only addition being the exhaust. It also has an air cleaner upgrade and simple reflash but that is all.

That kind of a set-up will allow the bike to run in the 13's in the 1/4 mile, while still allowing you to get fairly good mileage when touring.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.