Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Brother Passes  (Read 960 times)

SPIDERMAN

A Brother Passes
« on: February 06, 2006, 10:03:04 PM »

An old bro of mine passed away in Maine this weekend. He was 54. Leaves behind two daughters 13 and 17. Doubt there will be much notice of this since he'd been without a ride for a bit. Wife ran off and he had to do the single Dad routine. Just wanted to mention it on this site so maybe all the good folks here could raise a glass to a man they never knew and maybe hasten his last ride to that big biker heaven in the sky. So if y'all wouldn't mind, send my Bro Jim Appel on his way with me.

Thanks
           Big Brian

Hazer_52

Re: A Brother Passes
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:54:28 PM »

Condolences.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:56:12 PM by Hazer_52 »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 05:29:26 AM »

Sounds like a fine gent so - To Jim -

[smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif]

Screamin
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:31:23 AM by ultrabluz »

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 05:37:38 AM »

Spiderman,
My condolences to his family & you his friend.
I hope that his ride there is on the bike of his dreams with all the chrome shining for the angels that greet him.
 :'( for a brother biker gone away
Mark
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 09:09:30 AM »

Hey Brian, My heart goes out to his daughters who have to go it with out there father.My condolences are with his family and to you bro. It sucks to lose anyone.I and my friends wiil definately tip a glass for a fallen bro. Godspeed.  Later Bro,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 09:12:16 AM »

Sorry to here of his passing.  Sounds like he was a standup guy.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 10:03:46 AM »

As a father myself, to a 13 year old girl (as well as a younger son) I can imagine the loss here.  I hope that the 17 year old is well grounded and can serve as a guide for the younger one.  I also pray that there is more family there in Maine that can take these two in as their own.

That said, there's no substitute for a father, especially during the difficult teenage years, as I am finding out.

54 is entirely too young to be checking out, especially when there are children involved.  I send my condolences to you and his daughters for yours and their loss.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 11:11:05 AM »

That's the thing we are never prepared for in life.  My condolences.  Got a call last night about one of my Bro's, that I called "Little Brother."  Killed in a car crash in Carolina Beach, NC.  Rode a Swinger-Arm Shovel, since '80.  My Father groomed his Father for Management at CONSOL.  Didn't have any children, but left Wife, Parents, a Host of Friends, and two younger Brothers behind.  I last talked to him on the phone, Christmas Eve.  He was 44.  Sad.  A Man should not outlive his youngins'.  Later--HUBBARD      
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »

Hubbard,
       Hope your bro and mine find each other up there in the great beyond and swap a few stories. My condolences I try to keep it in perspective with a thought along the lines of the old Righteous Bros song "Rock and Roll Heaven" My verison is Biker Heaven. Our bros are up there ridin with some legends.

Vaya con Dios to them
                               Big Brian

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »

Spiderman & Hubbard,

My condolences to you & your friends' families.  May the two men ride in eternity and can you imagine how the roads are there?  I can wait to see since I too have young uns.  Prayers to both and you know they will be looking over you.

I truly believe in this because I lost my best friend when we were 25 and my life has been extremely blessed since then.  Maybe that's why I ended up with two Hogs!  Yeah, that's what I'm gonna tell the wife tonight!

Yellowsedeuce

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.