Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: king tour pack passanger backrest  (Read 3215 times)

watsot

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
king tour pack passanger backrest
« on: April 22, 2004, 06:52:30 PM »

Wich passanger backrest with the arm rest on a king tour pack would best match the seat on my flhrsei2 ? Any one else have luck moving tour pack back 2" ?
2003 flhrsei2

ashcraft

Re: king tour pack passanger backrest
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 09:07:14 AM »

On both Electra-glides I've had, I've installed the kit to move the tour-pak back. It gives me, and the passenger, more room, and I don't feel 'crowded' forward. As a side benefit, its easier for a short person like me to swing my leg over and not kick anything.
2K2 SERK, purple
2K3 FF Electra-glide Classic

say001

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 07:04:46 PM »

i have the std king tour pac on my flhrsei. bought it on ebay for a great deal. ($ 600 ) and it came with "road king passenger backrest for tour-paks" page 378 2003 catalog part number 52274-94a. i think it matches pretty well, even though it isn't leather. remember that the arm rest have two screws in each arm requiring holes to be drilled in the tour pac. once you mount it there is no going back to the proper backrest made for the screamin eagle. although the se tour pack i bought had never been mounted, it had the holes drilled for the arms. The more I looked at it the more I liked it so I left it alone. My wife says she feels more secure with the arm rest, on the rare times she will ride with me. hope this helps. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

watsot

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 06:26:47 PM »

I went with the electraglide passanger backrest it seems to match the best but hard to see in the catalog.I ordered the detatchable docking kit so once it gets here I will see how I can move it back 2 inches. Thanks for youre replys
2003 flhrsei2

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 02:09:12 AM »

I also have a tourpak that I got off of eBay. The detachable mount That I ordered had 2 sets of mounting holes for the tour pak. I used the back 2 to set the tourpak back the 2 inches everyone seems to be talking about. The pak would fit either set of holes. I compared it to the one on my friend's ultra and it is set just like theirs. I also used the back/armrest and seat from an ultra. I'ts all quick release and interchangeable so that I can fully dress it for the little woman, or ride her naked on hot summer rides by myself. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Look at this thread for pics.
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cv_pics;action=display;num=1080319865
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

eddieboy

• write on!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 03:11:39 PM »

Can someone tell me what part we are talking about to move the Tour Pak back 2" ?  I have a detachable set-up on my FLHRSEI2 right now, and it is tight for the passenger when installed...tks
eddieboy

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 10:12:01 PM »

The tour paks on all Ultra Classics have two sets of holes and come from the factory already set in the rear holes.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 10:13:30 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.