Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Ultra Classic Electra Valk  (Read 5294 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Ultra Classic Electra Valk
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »

This was worth sharing.  Glorious day in the area here today so went off on the SERG.  Typical non-destinatory travel that actually ended up in some winery areas not far from Dan's place (sorry Dan, didn't think of it until too late).

Coming back this evening just at dusk was on some small roads.  Saw an Ultra in front of me and slowly moved over to go by him.  As I got close saw this was no ordinary Ultra.  Not even close.

Guy had taken a big Valkyrie and somehow clad it with Ultra tins.  It was the Valk's frame so wasn't somehow a Valkyrie drivetrain shoehorned in a cut up Harley frame.

I like the big Valkyries.  So was interested in how it had been done.  Could see some going down the road.  But not much detail.  Offered the guy a thumbs up.  He shared it in return.  I gestured to ask if he'd pull over to share a look.  That's when it got good.  He gave me a big grin, mouthed a "thanks," then gave me the bird, opened the throttle and ran off and left me.  I laughed for half for half an hour.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Re: Ultra Classic Electra Valk
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 12:22:28 PM »

So much for the "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" maybe he felt he could cross the line since he has a hybrid!  I'm a sucker for a nice looking Valk myself, just a cool looking setup.

You handled it rather well, but your options were limited.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:38:36 PM »

So much for the "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" maybe he felt he could cross the line since he has a hybrid!  I'm a sucker for a nice looking Valk myself, just a cool looking setup.

You handled it rather well, but your options were limited.

It was a good natured and friendly bird; or at least it seemed that way.  You're right about the options though.  I couldn't have kept up if I flapped both wings and pedaled hard downhill with a tailwind.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »

Did it look anything like this?  I have a buddy that has one with Marilyn Monroe Painted on his and runs 6 straight pipes, damn loud and fast, I like the Rune better than the stock Valk myself.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »

Did it look anything like this?  I have a buddy that has one with Marilyn Monroe Painted on his and runs 6 straight pipes, damn loud and fast, I like the Rune better than the stock Valk myself.

Not like that.  At least not much.  The bike I saw was a charcoal gray color with some black fading from front to rear.  It had a tour pak, at least a Harley light on the back fender if not actually a Harley back fender.  No Harley side cover.  What looked in passing like a Harley front fender and definitely a Harley inner and outer fairing.

Would loved to have seen it for a moment just to see what had been fabricated for mounts and how clean it all looked.

I liked that Rune model of the Valkyrie also.  Short lived though it was.  They offered a dark almost blood red version of that bike that I was a hair's breadth from back when they were on the floor.  Had ridden it three times at the Honda lot and was offered agreeable numbers.  It was quick and fast and it sounded great.  Just never quite pulled the trigger.  Very cool bike though.

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 06:35:24 PM »

I saw a guy start his Valkyrie, balance a nickel on the motor while idling. I said so what? Having an interstate in the stable is getting harder to do. Just for the novelty factor I am looking....and they really run great!

casper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 08:59:10 PM »

Yesterday I saw a guy balance the nickel on the valve cover of the Valk, then start the bike nickel never moved. very interesting

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »

I saw a Valkrye balance a checkbook...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »

I saw a Valkrye balance a checkbook...

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »

Not like that.  At least not much.  The bike I saw was a charcoal gray color with some black fading from front to rear.  It had a tour pak, at least a Harley light on the back fender if not actually a Harley back fender.  No Harley side cover.  What looked in passing like a Harley front fender and definitely a Harley inner and outer fairing.

Would loved to have seen it for a moment just to see what had been fabricated for mounts and how clean it all looked.

I liked that Rune model of the Valkyrie also.  Short lived though it was.  They offered a dark almost blood red version of that bike that I was a hair's breadth from back when they were on the floor.  Had ridden it three times at the Honda lot and was offered agreeable numbers.  It was quick and fast and it sounded great.  Just never quite pulled the trigger.  Very cool bike though.

it is not red, but close

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-HONDA-NRX-1800-VALKYRIE-RUNE-/360300809356?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item53e39a0c8c

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:39:02 PM by Keats »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 04:50:49 PM »

?
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 09:15:50 PM »

Not home so can't bring up all my image files.  This thread needs pictures of The Valkyrie.  The B70.  That'd be a machine to take over the open road.

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 08:53:04 AM »

I had a valkyrie before I bought my first Harley. I was a very fast bike, comfortable, ok to look at. but I know it sounds hokey but it had no soul. I had both bikes for a while and went back and fourth. On the surface everything was there it just wasnt the same.  :nixweiss:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

RidinRuby

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SEUC Ruby Red
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 09:50:17 AM »

I had a valkyrie before I bought my first Harley. I was a very fast bike, comfortable, ok to look at. but I know it sounds hokey but it had no soul. I had both bikes for a while and went back and fourth. On the surface everything was there it just wasnt the same.  :nixweiss:

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 10:38:42 AM »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.