Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to copy someone elses ECM to mine?  (Read 1529 times)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
How to copy someone elses ECM to mine?
« on: March 20, 2006, 06:06:09 PM »

Hi everybody!!!!!
I ordered Thunderheader 2in 1 for my flstfe2.I dont think theres a dyno tuner for bikes around where I live.So I am looking to learn how to copy someone elses info into my bike.Is  that possible or am i draming?
Altug [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: How to copy someone elses ECM to mine?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 08:12:34 PM »

Well IF .. big if here.

If you have a power commander or a Race Tuner you need someone who has your same mods and base ECM however they will need to be willing to send you a map to upload into your setup.

You should not go apples to oranges or apples to almost apples it should be like kind only.

Example A

You have a 103 motor with High Flow Air Cleaner and Thunderheader and Race Tuner.

The guy with the map must have this same setup with nothing else added or removed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 08:13:52 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:58:51 PM »

Unbalanced thank you you cleared a lot of confusion that i had.The only reason I was thinking to copy someone elses map is that where i live there are no dyno tuners.whats your opinion about terry component's terminal velocity II?They say it doesnt need dyno tuning.Is that good enough?It seems like my only option here.They say you need to install o2 sensor in the exhaust.Is it easy to install an o2 sensor in thunderheader 2in1 pipes?I also want to keep the air cleaner that came on the bike.Do you think i should change?Or is the original good enough?
Please help im clueless lol..
altug [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 09:01:35 PM by altugo »
Ridin Legend

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 09:23:57 PM »

Altugo, I left you a post in the FLSTFSE section.  Given you location and lack of HD trained mechanic, You definately want to stick with a pre-defined configuration of parts that comes with a pre-tuned downloadable file for your bike.  if you don't have access to a good mechanic and are not familiar with tuning an FI bike in manually with a race tuner or power commander, then using the HD RaceTuner and a SE build defined in the SE parts catalog is a safe way to go.  All of the configurations they show have a corresponding downloadable file on the Race Tuner CD.  So your mechanic can help you bolt it all together and then just download the correct file to your bikes computer and your up and running.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 12:43:31 AM »

Well IF .. big if here.
If you have a power commander or a Race Tuner you need someone who has your same mods and base ECM however they will need to be willing to send you a map to upload into your setup.
Example A

You have a 103 motor with High Flow Air Cleaner and Thunderheader and Race Tuner.

The guy with the map must have this same setup with nothing else added or removed.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 09:09:11 AM »

Yes and no and know.   The problem is lets say you have version 4.10 and I have version 4.5 and I have the map you need.  The problem will be you will need to have a file like mapmybike.mt5  I will have map mapmybike.mt6.  the Extension on the file is very important.   As long as you have the same hardware the maps can upgraded to a latest version the problem will be knowing how to import all the tables to make it work or getting you the guy with the older software up to the newest software so that you can import the other guys maps.  

Sorry if that is clear as mud happy to explain further let me know.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 10:32:54 AM »

PM Screamin_Beagle. He bought a Power Commander and it came programmed. He installed it, plugged it into his laptop, checked a few things based on conversations with the seller and then we went for a ride. Came back, plugged it into his laptop again changed some settings and away we went again. At that point, up until he hit the still stock redline he was right beside me and my bike has a dyno tuned SERT. A month later he got the new software patch the lets you set the rev limiter and now we are in a dead heat whenever we get into it together. Now ; admittedy Beags is an electronic genius, but from you posts, you sound as though you know your way around this stuff, so like I said, PM Beags and try that route.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 04:07:32 PM »

I have a question for all you electronic wizards. (which I am not) What's the difference between a Rev C SERT and the current Rev E ?

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 07:02:32 PM »

In Rev D they added the 2006 models and made a few program tweeks.  In Rev E they added a few new calibrations (1450 & 1550 stage 1 race) and adjusted the closed loop bias table and AFR control points.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 08:30:36 PM »

In Rev D they added the 2006 models and made a few program tweeks.

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 08:38:15 PM »

Hey, I'm reading from the manual okay :o  Translation costs extra [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Seriously, these are airflow programing adjustments and new download files for specific HD tested configurations.  If you have a sert already you can order a new CD (rev E, Version 4.50) from the dealer for $20.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »

Spiderman and fatboyse2 thanks for the answers
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 11:24:27 AM »

I just bought a PCIIIr and will go to a dyno tuner with it in my saddle bag and let him install and f with it.i have not a clue how to do a damn thing with it.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.