Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: who all has a jim's 120 motor and what pipes are y  (Read 3044 times)

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: who all has a jim's 120 motor and what pipes a
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 09:06:22 PM »

I can't really answer that since I haven't had it dynoed in a while and  after a few add on's .... one thing is your riding habits, and one thing is for sure, that I know, is that I like to ride hard when ever I can and another one is I have never seen a drag bike with two into one pipes at least not recently... as soon as I put in this new Rivera-TPP variable pressure clutch in I take it down to Suberban Harley and wak the stick a few times to see what happens. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

i2zh2o

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 09:55:12 PM »

you know your right about the pipes i dont see 2 into 1 pipes much but i dont see drag bikes drivein around town in 5th gear at 45mph either just was wonding how the bottom end was as i do want a good bottom in pipe as well as a top end pipe with a good tq cruve
jims 120

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 10:41:23 PM »

Your right you never see a drag bikes riding around in 5th gear but then again we don't live in Kansas hehehaha!! I do know one thing you won't be dissapointed with that stroker, I do know that they do want to breath, with the cam I have and the low gear ratio, first and second are almost inpossable to stay in the seat but once you master it ... it's like no ride you have never taken, just think 6 gears in 8 seconds [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 02:14:56 PM »

It does have a slight dip between 2800-3000 right befor the cam kicks in, other then that it has a nice curve but I know I could do better, I going to pull out the race baffels just fot chit and grins and see what happens, maybe I have to much back pressure cause I noticed when I bolted up 2 90 degree exhaust tips the dip got even worse, sure wish this weather would clear up we had some of that whit stuff come down yesterday [smiley=nervous.gif]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.