Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rear tire size  (Read 2580 times)

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
rear tire size
« on: March 23, 2006, 08:46:29 PM »

has anyone tried a different size rear tire?
fxr3

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
Re: rear tire size
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 07:45:24 PM »

not yet, but I'm going to have to replace mine soon. I'm curious to see how this thread plays out. I've always thought that the stock rear wheel is pretty slim, but I'm not into the over-sized car tire on the back of a "every-other County" chopper either.

Interested to hear what others have done, what has worked and what didn't.
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

fxr3joe

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock N Rollin'
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 04:14:27 PM »

I see this is an older post but I'm a "newbie" so pardon the late reply.

I did change out for a wider tire on my FXR3.  I can get the exact tire size off the bike if there's still interest.  It is an HD tire and the widest you can get for the FXR3 without changeing the swing arm or belt.  Not a noticible difference visually but I really like the way it handles

I'm the original owner got mine in June of '99. and rode it to Sturgis that following August!  Wish I was there now!

Ride Safe!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 04:26:09 PM »

[smiley=vrolijk17.gif] [smiley=vrolijk17.gif] [smiley=vrolijk17.gif]  Well Hi THere.  A great big CVO Welcome to you!   [smiley=vrolijk17.gif] [smiley=vrolijk17.gif] [smiley=vrolijk17.gif]  hope you enjoy yourself here, there is a lot of info.  I see you have already found the Humor section.   ;D  ;D  ;D

fxr3joe

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock N Rollin'
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 04:50:37 PM »

Thanks!  Glad to be here.  Hope the jokes didn't offend!  :D

I ride in the Chicago area so I'm not sure how many CVO members here are from Chi-Town.

I hope to be an zctive member (at least until my boss catches me!)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 05:04:35 PM »

The humor section never offends me, :-/ I seldom look there.  My husband (stealth member) just told me today that he posts jokes there all the time, but I thought he never came to the site. :-?  Goes to show you.  ;)
But there is a policeman, part time HD salesman, DJW, from Chicago that is an active member here. I know there are more, but I don't know all who is from Chicago.  I hope they come forward and you guys get to meet and ride together.

abnrdo

• Brothers, to arms!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 08:16:44 AM »

Roger,
     I am still running the original on mine.  I like the look of HDs 200 they are running on the newer bikes, but I prefer the FXR3 the way it is.  Heck I only have 1178 miles!  Sheesh I need to ride more.

Joe!  A big hello to you.  I am in NW Indiana.  Pretty close to Chi Town.  Welcome to the site.

rogerutley

• Junior CVO Member
  • fxr3
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 10:34:55 AM »

Joe,
I am interested in your tire size....is it still workin out for you????  does it rub....thx   roger
fxr3

RedFXR2

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 03:26:22 PM »

Roger:  You may have already seen this but here's some discussion on the subject--

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73580

fxr3joe

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock N Rollin'
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 11:01:18 AM »

I have a H-D Dunlop D-402 on the rear and a H-D Dunlop D-401 on the front.  I really like the handling and confidence on tight turns they provide.  Not sure if that was from the wider size or the fact that my stock tires were pretty flat when I replaced them at around 12,000 mi.  At the time the D-402 was the widest tire you could put on the FXR3 without modifications.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.