Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Stage I for FLHTCUSE...  (Read 3131 times)

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Stage I for FLHTCUSE...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 09:33:26 AM »

The problem with the SE Air Kit on the '06 FLHTCUSE is it leaves a small gap at the top of the filter, mine has been on for over 4000 miles now and I've had ZERO problems with it.
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 10:52:29 AM »

I have seen these work loose several times on my bikes.   Make sure you clean the crap off the screws then use blue locktite just dont over tighten them because you will wallow out the backplate and then you will need to replace the filter.  (experience tells me this) ::)

They may have checked em, but didnt locktite them.  benefit of the doubt heeh.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

urbanbiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 02:34:40 PM »

I surfed the K&N site today looking for a high flow replacement air filter or kit for the CUSE and found nothing except filters for 88 motors. I then sent an email to K&N tech support asking them what they have, if anything, for the FLHTCUSE 103 motor. I will let you know what they say when they answer me, which might be around Christmas.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

Has anyone with a 'CUSE tried placing the unmounted filter element into the cover to see where the rubber seal does and does not make contact?
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 09:34:53 PM »

Has anyone with a 'CUSE tried placing the unmounted filter element into the cover to see where the rubber seal does and does not make contact?

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 07:57:14 AM »

Gentlemen, I have the 29440-99B S.E. air cleaner on my '06 CUSE. And it is true that the outboard or top rubber gasket does not seal 100% with the stock S.E. cover. This is do to the tapered shape and the embossing of the cover. But the filter element does not draw from the top side, it draws the air in around the circumference. So the top or outer rubber gasket does not function as a "seal" it just holds the cover in place (so it does not spin)if it is a stock TC88  or an S.E. cover. I have the same air cleaner on my '02 RK, I'll check to see if there is a 100% contact or seal with that cover, given the rounded shape of the TC88 cover both front to back and up and down I have to question if it seals 100%. "Ride safe" 8-)
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 10:16:34 AM »

The filter element does not draw from the top side, it draws the air in around the circumference. So the top or outer rubber gasket does not function as a "seal" it just holds the cover in place (so it does not spin)if it is a stock TC88
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 10:50:40 AM by magicl1 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.