Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CVO-FXR dual disc forks.......  (Read 11865 times)

takanohana

Re: CVO-FXR dual disc forks.......
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 05:13:27 PM »

I have been following this thread with much interest and look forward to pics and your opinion of the end result. Thanks

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »

Still waiting for clutch and throttle cables......brake lines should be here soon....
The speedometer cable interferes with the headlight, so a tachometer will be the only guage on the handlebars.....have an oil pressure gauge, not visible....

Haven't figured out how to post a group of photos yet.......
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 07:33:36 PM »

Another try.....sorry if it's a double post,  Greg
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....

01fxdxt

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »

Hello,I just came across a set of the chrome lowers ,New in Box!Can someone offer details ,numbers for the HD brakeline? I was looking at a Sportster Sport assembly.A little pricey ,but...Thanks ,Ed

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »

Dual disc lowers?.......Showa?
The stock HD/FXR front dual disc brake line.....#4511-89 .. buckhorn handlebars, and.....#45140-87 .. low handlebars
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....

johnwesley

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 11:21:28 AM »

are the sportster sport forks the same lowers? 

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »

are the sportster sport forks the same lowers? 

John.....didn't see your post, haven't been here for a while........ I believe the Sportster lowers are interchangeable...good looking Sportster!.....been to the salt?
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 01:08:26 AM »

well just finished my dual disc "QWEST" tonight!

......FINALLY......

Haven't taken it for a maiden voyage yet......

Tim

JamesButler

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 11:04:41 AM »

I too converted to dual discs recently.  Found oem p/n 45207-97 "Braided Brake Line, Dual Disc" for Dyna/FXR on ebay for @ $30.00 I believe.  Found a set of used chromed lowers for dual disc for @ $100.00 on ebay as well.  Not sure if they were oem, although they were described so, but I think they were...anyway they work with no problemo.  Found the 11/16" reservoir on ebay for @$30.00 and was able to use the chrome cover of the FXR3 on it.  Found a used set of brake calipers on ebay as well for $50.00+ (if I recall correctly) and used the right-side one. Only minor problem aesthetically, is that I can't find the "Harley Davidson" brake caliper insert to match the left-side caliper (stock), which came stock on the FXR3.  Dual discs work great, although I have no scientific data to show, stopping distance feels shorter.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:47:39 PM by JamesButler »

Frisco kid

• 1999 H-D FXR3
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 06:34:07 AM »

Hello friends,
I got my bike all buttoned up now, and handling and braking is so improved I am amazed.
To review, I found a chrome lower and went with Wilwood calipers and rotors off of Summit.
The price was great at $165ea per caliper and $50 per rotor. I bought these parts 5 months ago and see they have gone up since then.
I pulled the front forks and sent them to Traxxion for the ak20 kit.
They did their magic and were able to raise them over an inch for no charge, while they installed the kit.
I also bought from them some Bitubos in 13" or whatever the longer MM is they offer (Italians).
Paid $600 for those, very fair for what they are believe me.
I weigh 240lb and I can punch it across drainage dips in my town, and just hold on.
The bike soaks it up and does NOT bottom out, and I have tried.
I also went to mids from the forwards that came with the bike, and that makes a ton of difference too of course.
Other than that, just a little black paint to the tank, new pipe, taller sissy bar, quarter fairing, 8" pullback risers, and I am happy happy.
And one more happy, just to be completely honest.
The bike sits taller, has way more lean over angle, and stops quick and rock steady no matter how quickly you need to stop.
I don't want to say the difference is night and day, because I used to think the handling was good.
But it is at least as different as dusk and high noon.
There is nothing about the changes I would do differently. Unless I had DEEP pockets.
But I have owned this bike for almost 3 years and have $13k including purchase price into it.
Bike has 30k+ miles on it now and I want to ride it for a couple years, then get into the engine.
But that will wait until symptoms warrant rebuilding.
Of course I will still drive behind armor trucks just in case those doors fly open and a new S&S stroker joins the family.
Live free or die like a rat in a trap.

1999 FXR3
EV27 Cam, Adjustable push rods, S&S Carb, Crane Single-Fire, RB Pipe.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.