Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Thoughts on Why We Ride  (Read 2201 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Thoughts on Why We Ride
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 08:49:42 AM »

[highlight]Come to think of it, the latelies don't ride with us anymore[/highlight]

I guess through the theory of evolution we all wish the latelies species would become exctinct. But after time they all get weeded out.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 08:00:04 PM »

Gary,
       Hate to sound cynical, but I have the people I know with H-D's catagorized into two groups. The riders and the profilers. The only place I go with the profilers is Pacific Coast Highway where it's fun to stop every 10 miles or so and watch the bikes, hotrods and babes in bikinis.  If I want to go on a nice weekend ride, I'll set something up with the riders - - -except for one extreme guy. He likes to ride to El Paso for lunch
Big B,
I know what you mean. I know of this rider (he's 70+ years old) that doesn't crank his bike up unless he's going 200 miles. He has ridden to Texas for a t-shirt before. This is the kind of rider I want to be when I grow up. ;D Sure makes retirement something to look forward too.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 08:59:12 AM »

Big B,
I know what you mean. I know of this rider (he's 70+ years old) that doesn't crank his bike up unless he's going 200 miles. He has ridden to Texas for a t-shirt before. This is the kind of rider I want to be when I grow up. ;D Sure makes retirement something to look forward too.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
All I can say Gary is that I hope that I live to be 70 [smiley=nervous.gif]Live hard and die young,thats my motto.Leave a good looking corpse ;D
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 10:54:31 AM »

Big B,

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

That´s my plan.  Ride it ´til I can´t get on it cause I´m too old or my a$$ is to sore.

In Spain at the moment with the bikes at home.  Spent five days in Germany and watching all the bikes in the mountains of the Black Forest made me go crazy thinking of Cripple Creek.  Can´t wait!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:55:20 AM by Rjob749 »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 12:56:18 PM »

Mine is live hard, have fun, don't waste a minute, and die a wrinkled up old bast@$d...then burn me so nobody will get a chance to say "Doesn't he look good?"
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 20 queries.