Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: ported heads  (Read 10855 times)

pwatson

• Junior CVO Member
ported heads
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:36:56 PM »

Has anyone  left the pistons stock and sent the heads out to be ported and serfaced for higher compression on a 110

ob1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTCUSE 2
    • CVO2: FLSTSE 1
    • CVO3: 2013 Custom FLHX
Re: ported heads
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:52:18 PM »

Had heads ported and milled .060, andrews 54 cams, 2-1 pipe,sert, and 4.9 injectors added to 07 SEUC. 110 and 113 after dyno.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:05:22 AM »

That is a very common method. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 08:48:11 AM »

Has anyone  left the pistons stock and sent the heads out to be ported and serfaced for higher compression on a 110

yes...  

Sent you a pm...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:59:59 AM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SilveRT8

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »

That's what my Mechanic will do when I get my new '12 SE Ultra in one month.
He will clean the ports and mill the heads to get around 10:1 compression, along with Fullsac X headpipe, SE Fatshotz mufflers, Woods TW5 cam and tune.
I will first drive the bike stock for 600 miles, Dyno, do the mods and Dyno again for a before and after comparo.
My goal is for max torque with good HP.
Claude

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 07:11:32 AM »

It ought to run well.
Scott

pwatson

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 11:36:24 PM »

where is the best place to send the heads to and what cams

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 05:56:42 AM »

Contact the owner of www.grandlight.com, and get his take on where to send the heads, and what cam he is running. ;)
Scott

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »

Contact the owner of www.grandlight.com, and get his take on where to send the heads, and what cam he is running. ;)
Scott

Curious citation there.  Why is the owner of a light bulb company now the go to source for recommendations on engine work?

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 03:27:25 PM »

You can get your heads reworked at DME in Ventura, California. They do some of the best work in the area.  You can also get your cams from them and should you talk to Dave, he will be happy to make recommendations on which cam he feels is best to use with the reworked heads....Not a cheap deal but nothing is these  days
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:26:22 PM by sleepybare »

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 04:50:51 PM »

Curious citation there.  Why is the owner of a light bulb company now the go to source for recommendations on engine work?

Not quite sure he is the "go to" source. ???
He does run one of our combinations, and alerted us to feel free to have anyone contact him in regards. ;D
Scott

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »

Don,

Very coy, for a sec I thought you may have missed the trolling guised as a referral, but then the cynisism came through..   ::)     :huepfenlol2:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 06:36:56 PM »

Unbalanced ..

:worthless:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:48:11 PM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »

GMR are you referring to this one?

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 08:19:40 PM »

Not quite sure he is the "go to" source. ???
He does run one of our combinations, and alerted us to feel free to have anyone contact him in regards. ;D
Scott

So all happy customers, whether or not they understand with any degree of insight why they are happy, are now sources offered and suggested for others to base their own decisions on.  That's pretty f*^%#g lame. 

Pitch your work and explain why its good.  If that's not enough you really think what a light bulb guy says should make the difference?  Really?

Around here there are other non-motorcycle professionals whose insights we know to be worth heed.  Guys who have proved over time and repetitively they're worth a listen.  I'm sorry, but some light bulb guy who wrote a vendor a check hasn't yet earned that distinction.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 09:22:11 AM »

Don,

Very coy, for a sec I thought you may have missed the trolling guised as a referral, but then the cynisism came through..   ::)     :huepfenlol2:

Otherwise known as 1711Tab...................king of the canyon-crashers................that has been removed from most all message boards except here............ :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »

So all happy customers, whether or not they understand with any degree of insight why they are happy, are now sources offered and suggested for others to base their own decisions on.  That's pretty f*^%#g lame. 

Pitch your work and explain why its good.  If that's not enough you really think what a light bulb guy says should make the difference?  Really?

Around here there are other non-motorcycle professionals whose insights we know to be worth heed.  Guys who have proved over time and repetitively they're worth a listen.  I'm sorry, but some light bulb guy who wrote a vendor a check hasn't yet earned that distinction.

Goodness gracious..............did we wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?? :cherry:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 10:05:54 AM »

Goodness gracious..............did we wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?? :cherry:

Don't have a wrong side of the bed.  Also don't have shill light bulb guy that's supposed to sound impressive until the crowd actually thinks twice.  I could rent one though.  But, oh, wait; using Barnum and Bailey tactics on what is treated as mostly a potential client base would be wrong... 

So of course I'd never....

Ah, screw it.  Moderators should pay as much attention to the vendors parading as friends as they do to the actual friends when they can't get along.  At least the latter isn't looking to get in your pocket.

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »

A person's business and being a happy customer does not detract from their potential insight-fullness. A motorcycle guru will tell you they are the smartest person on the planet and can build you the best motorcycle to be had, but that means nothing until you speak to some of their customers.

I am not a mechanical engineer or a H-D technician, I am an oil & gas consultant, I don't know the first thing about design or engineering of a motorcycle transmission or gear-head speak involving one, but I have been riding for 37 years and I can tell you unequivocally that Baker is hands down the very best transmission I have ever run with an American V-twin and I can tell you why.  I used to run Andrews gear-sets  and they far surpassed factory gears. Anyway, a referral from a customer is always good.
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »

Anyway, a referral from a customer is always good.

It may not be bad.  But a referral is not necessarily "good."  The customer has to have some gravitas to make the referral.  Otherwise there's no way to know whether the person involved is competent in his recommendation or just another guy who would never admit he spent his money poorly and justifies what he's done, even to himself, by lauding his own efforts.  It happens.

A client's praise will also carry more weight, at least with me, when he offers it himself.  When a vendor tries (unsuccessfully) to be subtle and slide in recommendations carrying the perception that they should somehow carry some weight for his own product... well....  that (again, at least to me) diminishes the "client recommendation" and makes it much closer to a paid commercial.

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »

I suppose I would make a determination based upon what the customer says, rather than said vendor's willingness to point out that said customer does not mind being contacted.

I still like "contact one of my customers & judge for yourself" vs. "pick me, choose me, I am the best"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:14:33 PM by Shovelhead »
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »

Scott

Scott,
Would've been much easier on you if you would have simply said,,, 'Contact Hillside, or send your heads to Hillside and we will set you up with a good running bike..   :'(
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:59:14 AM by cvobiker »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 07:03:25 PM »

Otherwise known as 1711Tab...................king of the canyon-crashers................that has been removed from most all message boards except here............ :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Twolane "Don" do you also go by the name 1711Tab looks to me more like another /Swing and a miss   :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 07:36:38 PM »

Twolane "Don" do you also go by the name 1711Tab looks to me more like another /Swing and a miss   :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:   

I thought 1711Tab was a 300 year old soda :nixweiss: ?

I know it's good though.  Even though I haven't tried it.  The light bulb guy recommends it.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 03:37:30 PM »

Scott, does porting your heads improve bottom end power or is it really only effective when you get up into the higher RPM range. Just wondering. Again I appreciate all your imput into this site. I have learned alot from your posts. Thanks CAHDBIKER

That is a very common method. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 07:06:11 AM »

Hey pally-boy,
If we are swinging and missing so much, why have we been in business for almost 30 years??
You can tag-team me all you please, with you malicious remarks, if that gets your jollys.
Guess that would only be, that your leaving someone else alone..........

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 07:11:59 AM »

Scott, does porting your heads improve bottom end power or is it really only effective when you get up into the higher RPM range. Just wondering. Again I appreciate all your imput into this site. I have learned alot from your posts. Thanks CAHDBIKER

The port work we perform with the OEM 2.080" intake, enhances from off idle to peak rpm.
The 2.120"er pushes things over to the right some.
They show great improvement from the .100" valve opening, to .650" lift.
Mid-lift numbers are very good as well, as the valve is in that area more than it is anywhere else, and we key on that to amplifiy the cylinder fill rate. :)
Scott

Vagabond6542

• Full CVO Member
  • Be responsible of yourself.

• CVO1: "2007"FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: "2004" 3500 Dodge Diesel Long bed DRW 4X4 HD "Laramie'
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 01:49:30 PM »

Twolanerider, Well said. You get my vote.

Vagabond
Expect the Unexpected
For FRIENDS are always welcomed, and ASSOCIATES are somewhat tolerated.  But all are equally rewarded with Karma...Good or Evil.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »

Speaking of lightbulbs, where can I get a good deal on a case of 100 watt incandescents before the clowns in DC force me to use those crappy overrated Chinese CFL's with the mercury (trust me, it won't hurt you) and other hazardous crap inside?

Boy, folks sure seem to be getting pissy lately.  Rather than just rely on random targets of opportunity, how about if we set up a schedule on a calendar page so that each member gets a prescheduled turn in the barrel?  That way we can be sure to tune in on the days when those we don't like for whatever reason are "up".  I'll even offer to go first.

Let's see, so far this month we've run off two relatively new members, then had two guys I always thought were close friends go at it in a thread, and now we have folks lining up to beat up a regular contributor because he offered up a customer as a referral for his business.  WTF? 

btw, if anyone actually takes the word of only one source to decide where he plans to have work done, that person is a fool.  It doesn't matter if that referral comes from a guy in the lightbulb business or the guy who runs the race teams for Harley-Davidson, it's only one guys opinion.  That and $5 will get you a cup of whatever passes for coffee at Starbucks these days. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »

AMEN!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »

That and $5 will get you a cup of whatever passes for coffee at Starbucks these days. 

Jerry

I hate Starbucks! 

Actually never been there.

Well, once.  Spiderman took me.

But I hate the idea of Starbucks!

Though the muffin wasn't half bad....

Damn Chinese light bulbs!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 08:03:13 PM »

Starbucks = burnt coffee
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 08:21:03 PM »

Starbucks = burnt coffee

I didn't get the coffee Duane.  Honestly couldn't have figured out how/what to order even if I'd been so inclined.  The place was kind of scary actually.  All professorial and grad school looking crowd.  Even when I was in grad school or playing professor I didn't like most of those people.  Still liked the muffin though....

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 08:50:43 PM »

Did you get her name  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 08:53:15 PM »

Did you get her name  :nixweiss:

Spew Score Today:

:huepfenlol2:

Site                    1
Twolane              0

Elixer

• Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler [ Let The Good Times Roll ]
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 CVO 105th Annv. FLHRSE4 Build 1096/1800
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2011, 05:02:36 AM »

I used the racing pros and machinist at Eagle HD, Lafayette IN for my port/polish head work on my 110 at the recommendation of my La Dealer who did the engine re-assy work, these on top of SE racing pistons (10.5:1) non-cyl bore & 259E Cams...wanted to "wake it up" but not get radical and very pleased with performance now...post break in mapped @ 117 cu 120 ft lbs. Good low end perf upgrade.

Doing it (at that time) by my dealer, allowed me to maintain warranty to include the perf. upgrade.
Pic is my babe ~ get your own

Frank Smith

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE SOLD:(
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHRSE5 :)
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »

Scott

Branche-O'Keefe or Hildreth Performance are two reputable shops that do excellant headwork.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011, 08:51:48 PM »

Branche-O'Keefe or Hildreth Performance are two reputable shops that do excellant headwork.

Can't go wrong with Dave Mackie out on the west coast either.  Absolutely beautiful work, every time, and never any drama. 

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »

Can't go wrong with Dave Mackie out on the west coast either.  Absolutely beautiful work, every time, and never any drama

:2vrolijk_21:

Dave is always calm, cool, collected, soft spoken...  Answers his own phone and will talk as long as necessary.  Usually tries to talk you out of spending all of your money.  Gives you options and then gives you cheaper options that will provide a similar result.  And always a beautiful result - on time  - every time without issues.
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sherrmann4

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 09:21:37 AM »

I had mine done at Automotive Machine & Supply.

Check them out.  www.automotivemachine.com/

Just another option out there.  Hope that helps.

pwatson

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 11:04:28 PM »

At .60 off the head what does the compresion #go up to?

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »

Of course you meant .060
About 10.2/1 assuming piston down .005 and .030 gasket on a 110
Use pistons don't cut the head that much
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:34:05 PM by Deweysheads »

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 06:35:52 AM »

S/E T/C heads are 3.690", as are Evo S/E heads.
Minus .060" right from the Moco.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »

Scotty, the OP said:
"Has anyone  left the pistons stock and sent the heads out to be ported and serfaced for higher compression on a 110"
No reference to the SE performance head

pwatson

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2011, 01:09:16 PM »

Scotty
if i changed out the pistons what would you use?
if i sent you the heads what would you do to them?
and what cam would you use?
what else would you do if it was yours while it is apart?
it is a 2008 cvo road king 110,f/p stepped true duels, open air cleaner and pcv with autotune.It has 251 cams in now
What about injectors and tb?

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 06:42:02 AM »

PM sent. :)
Scott

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »

Hi;;side will make you some serious hp/trq and their customer service is 2nd to none  i spank many 110 's with my 107 with their stg 4 heads heh heh heh heh

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »

Hi;;side will make you some serious hp/trq and their customer service is 2nd to none  i spank many 110 's with my 107 with their stg 4 heads heh heh heh heh

Are you the lightbulb guy.  :P

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2011, 06:39:52 AM »

Are you the lightbulb guy.  :P

The owner of www.grandlight.com has a 110".........
Tim has a 107".......

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2011, 08:48:29 AM »

The owner of www.grandlight.com has a 110".........
Tim has a 107".......

Ok,,, just checkin....trying to find out who this light bulb guy is.... ;)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »

Ok,,, just checkin....trying to find out who this light bulb guy is.... ;)
Here he is... :idea2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 11:59:06 PM »

Here he is... :idea2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Finally,, At Last,   The light bulb guy surfaces..   :2vrolijk_21:

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2011, 07:15:35 AM »

Where is he??
I cannot see him from here, as he is overshadowed with sarcastic innuendo..................

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011, 10:38:56 AM »

Where is he??
I cannot see him from here, as he is overshadowed with sarcastic innuendo..................

Par for the course in this place!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 12:00:55 PM »

Par for the course in this place!

Not that there's anything wrong with that!   ::) :P :)
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 05:48:25 PM »

Anyone use T-man?

hogasm

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2011, 09:28:06 AM »

Where is he??

Well'''' we see him but we cant hear him"""  :'(

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2011, 11:03:52 AM »

The CVO heads are a very nice piece and with not a lot of work they can exceed the flow demand of most 110 motors. The cam, compression, throttle body and pipe become the devices that set the stage for where the power band lands and how wide and high that is. Torque can be flat as a pancake and high too. Right choice of parts is critical on these 110s. Because of the large flow potential of the head improper choice(s) can lead to a soggy running mess. You will see many brag about flow numbers. Take a look at their averages from .1-.7 and exhaust percentages in that range. Can be a little more accurate predictor of the outcome.

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »

why do you need to see the light??????

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 07:34:56 AM »

why do you need to see the light??????

Perhaps darkness is all around................?
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 20 queries.