Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Predictions for what we'll see come August in the 2013,110th Anni Models  (Read 55913 times)

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)

I did a search and could not find that anyone else had opened a thread on this topic, so my apologies if one already exists.

So, what are people hoping for in the 2013, 110th Anniversary models ? Do we have a wish list (beyond a water buffalo) ? What's out there that H-D could easily incorporate into their vehicles if they decided to. I can remember not that long ago that the concept of Brembo calipers on a production H-D seemed as far off as Pluto. Six speed transmissions ? Those were for Japanese motorcycles only. And the list goes on. H-D moves slowly but move they do and when one looks at the current 2012 models and compares them to just 10 years ago, the differences are significant.
Myself, I feel that the single biggest thing (beyond the water buffalo) which H-D could do would be to make major improvements in suspension. I am sure that if H-D decided to make front suspension similar to Traxion Dynamics, they could do so and at a much lower cost. And rear shocks ? Really ? There is no excuse for the sorry globs of metal currently occupying space between the swingarm and the stud just below your hip. So there's something they could do, do easily and do well. Beyond that, I'd like to see a much better sound system and integrated electronics. I'd like to see some effort put into adapting seating position to a wider range of body types with good solid seats from the factory vice most of us having to find the aftermarket make that best suits us. And lastly is cosmetics. Change does not mean making an H-D look like something from Nippon. It means enhancing that which is Harley. Example - - -the dash on a 2003 SERK. Amazing piece. Art Deco to be sure but totally American in looks and a real example of form and function meeting perfectly. Paint - - there's no need for anything but flawless paint with the technology available today. As to styling, it's hard to come up with ideas that when produced 100,000 times please everyone. But still, some of the clunkers of recent years indicate that perhaps pre-release consumer surveys are merited. I am not interested in a larger motor. These vehicles are intended for recreational use, not for racing. They already posses a drive train capable of exceeding legal speeds by a significant amount. I see little sense in pursuing any change in engine configuration which is why I see little sense in H-D producing a water buffalo. Produce the 110" engine in a configuration that is dependable and that is all that is needed. Anything else is of little use other than bragging rights. I am sorry, but as much as I like to go fast, if that's your thing then go buy an older H-D, one that you can modify to your heart's content and not worry about EPA regs etc. But the H-D of the future needs to have something of the H-D of the past in it or it becomes something other than an H-D. That's just my $0.02 and I am sure to get maligned for my view. So be it.
So if anyone knows the sister of Willie G's maid's cousin, please let us in on the secrets

B B

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8

I have no predictions for what we may see but, in addition to the fine points you mentioned, I have a wish list. If I could choose one major thing it would be the paint color combinations offered on the CVO's. Some of the models, SEUC's in particular, could benefit from a more tasteful combination of colors and graphics. The big touring bikes are in a class of their own and tend to be owned and ridden by a more mature rider that may not be into flames and skulls as much as the riders of some of the other bikes. Give us some classy combinations that aren't over the top with flames and odd colors. I know I'm speaking only for myself here and there are probably plenty of folks who think differently than I do about that but now all of you know what I think about it. I want to get a new bike but can't justify spending the kind of money these things cost for a bike that I don't like the colors on.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

^^^ You're not alone.  Paint is what's kept me on my '04 for all these years.  I don't care what gizmos (ABS, XM, new frame, blah, blah, blah ...) it has on it if it doesn't look good.

Of course, when they do make something that pleases my eye, it would be nice if the rotors didn't warp, the stereo worked, and the tank emblems remained attached. ::)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black

^^^ You're not alone.  Paint is what's kept me on my '04 for all these years.  I don't care what gizmos (ABS, XM, new frame, blah, blah, blah ...) it has on it if it doesn't look good.

Of course, when they do make something that pleases my eye, it would be nice if the rotors didn't warp, the stereo worked, and the tank emblems remained attached. ::)

I would like a painted emblem , jmo
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black

I'm all for improved suspension!!! Oh, a brand radio that would work!!
how about a GPS that's not hanging in the handlebars?
The "TAZMUN"

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"

dont know about 2013 i expect it will be the end of the Willie G styling road block. i think the real changes will begin in 2014.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI

water jacketed heads.............
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis

Audio systems that just keep on rocking.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC

No predictions other than same ole same ole to minimize set up and production costs.  Little if any innovation just some repackaging to create some "excitement"
Maybe abs on non-cvo bikes.  Last several years have been real yawners following the dealer show.

What I'd like to see is updated suspension, a comfortable seat, and an extended warranty.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide

Thoughts are along the lines that the 103 will be a standard and the 96 will no longer be
The Limited editions will have a newer improved 110 engine
The CVO's will have the 120r's
The CVO's will also have the premium suspension in the forks along with a newly developed rear 13" shocks to run along side there 12" brother with are on the CVOSG
There may be a new line out there something that is more 21st century with the water cooled heads offered in a FLH and a softail completely new look
Ride safe

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8

"Thoughts are along the lines that the 103 will be a standard and the 96 will no longer be
The Limited editions will have a newer improved 110 engine
The CVO's will have the 120r's"

If this happens, I'll leave my bike idling all night in a crime ridden neighborhood until it "disappears"!   :oops:

CityLights

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: FLHCUSE7
    • CVO3: FLTRXSE

How about cutting edge suspension , intergrated electronics and oil temperature gauge. Outside of that I'm love'n it .
Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope , soft underfoot , without sudden turnings , without milestones , without signpost's.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6

suspension please!! :2vrolijk_21:

prstaples1911

• Junior CVO Member

A redesigned fairing on the street glide that uses a single digital interface to monitor all functions, an adjustable screen and a flush mounted fuel cap like the super glides of yore. No need for a dummy tank mounted gauge in this day and age.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD

The Poolboy said, " Keep Dreaming "! Don't look for much to change and you won't be disappointed.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.