Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: New guy, just put my deposit on a black and silver Breakout!  (Read 6575 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
New guy, just put my deposit on a black and silver Breakout!
« on: December 01, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »

I have a gorgeous 2012 FLHX all modded nice, but I rarely use it for "touring".  So I started looking to go in another direction, and then I saw a Breakout in person!!!!  I knew I had to have it, but the one I saw was sold, and every dealer in the Chicago are was giving me the can put a deposit on the next one, but we don't know the color line.  There was one dealer, about an hou and a half from me that had it, so I drove down and worked the deal and put a deposit on it.  I should get down there again to finish the deal sometime this week.  Man is it pretty....more to come!

Is there any things I should know, pointer or tips?  Thanks in advance!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: New guy, just put my deposit on a black and silver Breakout!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:06:47 PM »

Tip?  That's probably not the best word in the motorcycle context.  Mine would be keep the shiny side up.  Welcome from California.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 07:17:40 PM »

Hello from DETROIT     

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »

First, congrats on the bike and second, I have a tip for you; hold on tight!  that bike has tremendous torque at low speeds and you need to stay firmly seated with a good grip on the handlebars.  Have fun, I know I would....

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 08:08:26 PM »

I took pics of it to tide me over....not that there will be much riding in December in Chicago!  I have go back to the dealer to finalize everything, then they are delivering it to my house and taking my Street Glide.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 09:08:27 PM »

Congrats on getting it.  :2vrolijk_21: I read the whole thread on another site about it. Is this the dealer that made the offer for your SG? That is one sweet looking bike you have.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »

TIPS?

a couple come to mind.

As someone mentioned, hold on for sure....although it's tempting to pull off that pillion to show off more of that chopped fender, don't do it :P  every gear change tries to push you off the back of the bike...seriously, it's got that kind of power, in a relatively light package.  this bike is more fun to run through the gears than anything I have been on before.  powering out of a turn and feeling the power come on is a rush....

Put the EPA-designed stock exhaust in the garage......it's that awful...I have V/H slip-ons while I am waiting for full exhaust fitments to be completed.  makes this bike sound nasty and relatively loud...just like a Harley should.  they also accentuate the thumping of the pistons.

do something about that ridiculous side license plate mount.  they attached it high, on the blinker housing.......really?! I fully understand why they had to put it there, but  it's like having a billboard attached to the bike.  i ordered a Kuryakyn swingarm  plate mount myself...can't wait to get it on the bike.

I just clicked over 1000 miles on the bike today....you will not be disappointed.  every aspect of performance on this bike is better than any air-cooled HD I have ever been on, and I have been on a bunch of them.

Get that deal done   :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:17:08 PM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 12:04:06 AM »

Here are the pics I took today!

I'm going to try to finish the paperwork this week....and since my sister is getting married next weekend, I'll be gone all weekend....so hopefully, I can get it to my house in about a week or so.  It's good just to know its mine and its in their storage and not on the floor.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 08:36:16 AM »

Congrats on getting it.  :2vrolijk_21: I read the whole thread on another site about it. Is this the dealer that made the offer for your SG? That is one sweet looking bike you have.

No, the dealer the called me and asked me if I was interested in a CVO Road King is where I bought my FLHX from.  This dealer is was south of me...like 100 miles.  They really wanted to make the deal....they are even tailoring the Breakout to my house and picking up the FLHX.  They gave me a little less for my bike, but they did other things to make the numbers work.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »

Curious who the dealer was- I am relatively near you (north central IL) and went to WI to get mine.  Called around and I remember someone having or getting a black and silver, but can't remember who. I have dealt with quite a few in the Chicago-land area and outside it.  If you don't want to post the name send me a private mail.  And enjoy-today is Sunday and supposed to be about 60+ degrees-get out there and enjoy if possible.  I just put mine away for the winter yesterday (knew today was going to be nice, but too many other things to take care of).  I put about 300 miles on mine in the last few weeks-love the bike but as mentioned before the exhaust is about as bad as could be-but looks like it is going to be awhile before the after-market companies get things ironed out since the Breakout is an entirely new bike.

No, the dealer the called me and asked me if I was interested in a CVO Road King is where I bought my FLHX from.  This dealer is was south of me...like 100 miles.  They really wanted to make the deal....they are even tailoring the Breakout to my house and picking up the FLHX.  They gave me a little less for my bike, but they did other things to make the numbers work.

HHP

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Street Glide Ruby Red
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »

Congrats on your new bike.

Ride safe and have fun.
Sportster 883 / Dyna Super Glide / E-Glide Standard / Heritage Springer / Heritage Classic / Night Rod / Softail Deluxe / CVO Street Glide

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 10:47:15 AM »

Curious who the dealer was- I am relatively near you (north central IL) and went to WI to get mine.  Called around and I remember someone having or getting a black and silver, but can't remember who. I have dealt with quite a few in the Chicago-land area and outside it.  If you don't want to post the name send me a private mail.  And enjoy-today is Sunday and supposed to be about 60+ degrees-get out there and enjoy if possible.  I just put mine away for the winter yesterday (knew today was going to be nice, but too many other things to take care of).  I put about 300 miles on mine in the last few weeks-love the bike but as mentioned before the exhaust is about as bad as could be-but looks like it is going to be awhile before the after-market companies get things ironed out since the Breakout is an entirely new bike.

The dealer is right in between us.  I bought from Chicago Harley and City Limits.  Woodstock has a gold one, it was nice, but to trade and come up with more $$$ I want the black and silver.  Woodstock was going to try and trade theirs, a few others said there is no garuntee.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 08:48:54 PM »

Interesting, I bought my wife's bike from City Limits back in August.  Customer service was good- I came up on the train from my area and the guy picked me up and took me to the dealership and I rode the bike home.  I will say that they tried to make me pay the extra sales tax for their county (vehicle tax in IL is supposed to be paid based on the county the bike will be registered in- I showed them this on the secretary of states website and they still insisted on me paying the extra tax.  Had a bit of a tough go with them for a few minutes but eventually it got straightened out.  That being said I probably wouldn't buy from them again.  But of course most dealers have their issues.  I see most of the HD dealerships just like car dealers- a neccesary evil when wanting to purchase new.

The dealer is right in between us.  I bought from Chicago Harley and City Limits.  Woodstock has a gold one, it was nice, but to trade and come up with more $$$ I want the black and silver.  Woodstock was going to try and trade theirs, a few others said there is no garuntee.

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 09:39:45 PM »

Welcome to the site!

I don't want to disappoint you, but many of the folks here claim the red bikes are faster.  Hey, if you read it on the 'net, it must be true, right?  There still might be time to trade for a red Breakout.  ;)

Dan

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 10:49:13 PM »

Great looking ride...Welcome and Congrats from So. Cal

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 01:27:54 AM »

Fab bike welcome from England

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »

Congrats!  Just talked to my dealer, St Charles Harley, and my delivery date has improved from mid Feb to end of Jan.  This nice weather in St Louis is killing me! :cucumber:
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »

Congrats!  Just talked to my dealer, St Charles Harley, and my delivery date has improved from mid Feb to end of Jan.  This nice weather in St Louis is killing me! :cucumber:
We're out there every year over Labor Day weekend for a truck GTG. I love that dealer. Great selection to choose from.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.