Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: cvo breakout seat poor quality  (Read 14009 times)

Sandman69

• CVO1: 2013 hard candy breakout with carlini evil apes
cvo breakout seat poor quality
« on: August 03, 2013, 09:37:29 AM »

has anyone bought ,tried or know of a better seat than the low quality stocker?

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
Re: cvo breakout seat poor quality
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »

I have the red seat, so I guess I don't have many options.  But I agree the quality is very poor

NYRdKngLouis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 04:10:54 PM »

Greetings to all.
I am expecting delivery of a 2014 BO CVO sometime this year ...maybe. I am one of the 2013 orders H-D cancelled w/o explanation. I had a thread about this issue.
Anyway, on the seat question. I had a '06 Fatboy CVO. I was never able to do long rides in that bike...because the darn seat. Change seats 3 times...nothing worked for me.
I am very aware that a seat that does not fits me, may fit perfectly to you. Some of my friend rode my '06 Fatboy w/o problem. Therefore, they told me that was all in my head! LOL
However, the seat issue is a deal breaker for me. I love the red CVO BO...but if they have an issue with the seat, I am going to stay away from that bike.
I have an '05 Springer Classic with a seat  from a '03 Springer Classic. That seat allows me to ride an hour or so w/o any pain. After an hour, I do feel some discomfort, but it is bearable. It is the same with my '13 Street Glide. Comfortable for an hour or so...then a bit uncomfortable.
I also have a '09 FLHP and that seat is just wonderful. I could ride all day long w/no problems besides normal fatigue. As you see, it is not that I am a freak-of nature. It is just not easy to find a seat for me.
All comments will be appreciated.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »

I don't mind the looks of the standard Breakout seat at all.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »

There are several custom seat manufacturers that are willing to take your stock seat and replace the padding with much higher quality padding. Different density foam based on rider's weight and request. some cover top layer with memory foam and/or gel pads taylored to the owner's specifications.  I understand that the feel of the seat is greatly improved while maintaining the original look of the seat.  Just a thought for those that didn't know.
Jesus is Lord

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 04:47:06 PM »

Corbin came out with a seat for the Breakout about a month ago.  It's a "Dual Tour" seat and you can order it in several colors.  They will be coming out with a solo with passenger pillion by the end of the summer, at least that's what they told me.  If not, I'll get the Dual Tour.  They are great seats with an integrated backrest for rider and passenger.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »

Corbin came out with a seat for the Breakout about a month ago.  It's a "Dual Tour" seat and you can order it in several colors.  They will be coming out with a solo with passenger pillion by the end of the summer, at least that's what they told me.  If not, I'll get the Dual Tour.  They are great seats with an integrated backrest for rider and passenger.

Cowboy

Cowboy

You think the HD luggage rack for the breakout will work with that new Corbin touring seat?  The luggage rack actually touches the top of the passenger seat on my stock breakout seat.  I'm wondering if i'll even be able to install the luggage rack with the touring seat from corbin.
Jake

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 02:59:18 PM »

wow, never even occurred to me to look for one....I think it's very comfortable and the look is outstanding....people that talk to me about the bike can't believe that brown seat is standard issue.

But, if i was going to look for another one, Corbin is the only aftermarket seat I would even consider....my past experience with their quality is first rate..
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

wpk

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 04:46:40 PM »

wow, never even occurred to me to look for one....I think it's very comfortable and the look is outstanding....people that talk to me about the bike can't believe that brown seat is standard issue.

But, if i was going to look for another one, Corbin is the only aftermarket seat I would even consider....my past experience with their quality is first rate..

+1  IMHO the stock seat looks good and is comfortable enough.  If a seat gets real comfortable, it generally means more padding...fatter profile that detracts from the sleek lines and flow.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 05:03:38 PM »

+1  IMHO the stock seat looks good and is comfortable enough.  If a seat gets real comfortable, it generally means more padding...fatter profile that detracts from the sleek lines and flow.
+1
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 11:08:20 PM »

Cowboy

You think the HD luggage rack for the breakout will work with that new Corbin touring seat?  The luggage rack actually touches the top of the passenger seat on my stock breakout seat.  I'm wondering if i'll even be able to install the luggage rack with the touring seat from corbin.

I'm not sure.  Normally Corbin researches HD modifications before design.

The stock seat weighs like, one lb.  I think it's a light weight made in China piece of crap that doesn't even fit solidly.  The grab strap and pillion are a complete joke, like they were designed and manufactured as an after thought all in the same day.

If the luggage rack won't fit with the Corbin seat, I'll modify the luggage rack.  Corbin stated that they're coming out with a Classic Solo with passenger pillion this Fall, that's what I'm waiting to look at.

Cowboy

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 11:24:20 PM »

I guess I'm picky, I want a seat that looks great and is also comfortable.  I like to look at beautiful bikes but more than that, I like to ride them.

Cowboy

psdj52

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »

I must be in the minority. I love the stock CVO Breakout Seat. No issues at all. Coming off a '08 Crossbones, I think it is the most comfortable seat I have ever ridden. I can ride for mile and miles without my tail bone hurting at all. I think it has a great "pocket" feel. Plus with the passenger pilon on, it gives you a little extra back support. No complaints here.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 01:59:18 PM »

I must be in the minority. I love the stock CVO Breakout Seat. No issues at all. Coming off a '08 Crossbones, I think it is the most comfortable seat I have ever ridden. I can ride for mile and miles without my tail bone hurting at all. I think it has a great "pocket" feel. Plus with the passenger pilon on, it gives you a little extra back support. No complaints here.

+1
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Saljemar

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 04:00:01 PM »

I also like the look and how comfortable the seat is.  I removed the passenger seat, but put it back on for the additional support. 

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »

I also like the look and how comfortable the seat is.  I removed the passenger seat, but put it back on for the additional support. 

Ha, yea it looks great w/o the pillion, but that 110b has so much pull, you need the pillion to keep from getting tossed off the back of the bike   :huepfenjump3:

Saljemar

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 05:16:48 PM »

I totally agree that you need the pillion.

13brkoutCVO

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 05:24:31 PM »

I love the stock CVO Breakout Seat. No issues at all.  I think it is the most comfortable seat I have ever ridden. I can ride for mile and miles without my tail bone hurting at all. I think it has a great "pocket" feel. Plus with the passenger pilon on, it gives you a little extra back support. No complaints here.

+1

Sandman69

• CVO1: 2013 hard candy breakout with carlini evil apes
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 08:43:53 AM »

the pilon on mine is flappin in the wind very poor quality pos  :soapbox:, and without it it feels like your ridin bareback , ill be checkin out the corbin for sure.

Saljemar

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »

I want the pillion on for a small back rest and also to cover up the two bolts that hold the main seat on.  The pillion is not comfortable, but can be used in an emergency.  You also need to have the strap on to hold the pillion in place.

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 01:14:58 PM »

I just returned from my Hollidays in the Southern France, I have been driving from my Holliday destination to My Home Address in one Day , a distance of 1250 Km in 13 Hours. :vrolijk_6:
 I must admit that after 800 Km my butt started to complain   :stars: And when I finally was at home I had problems to walk away :huepfenpinkie: But I think that this is not due to the bad confort of the breakout seat.

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »

I just returned from my Hollidays in the Southern France, I have been driving from my Holliday destination to My Home Address in one Day , a distance of 1250 Km in 13 Hours. :vrolijk_6:
 I must admit that after 800 Km my butt started to complain   :stars: And when I finally was at home I had problems to walk away :huepfenpinkie: But I think that this is not due to the bad confort of the breakout seat.

hmmm, yea, I think if you rode ~500 miles on a cushion of air, your butt would be complaining just having your large leg muscles in the bent position for that long   :o

BeeCVOBreakOut

• Junior CVO Member
  • Breakout and say no to baggers.
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 12:22:51 AM »

What makes it low quality to you? I've ridden with many different seats over the years and I don't see or feel anything that would make it seem of poor quality. Most of the people who see the bike compliment the seat and the paint scheme. Real leather not synthetic material is always nicer to sit on.
A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
 Lao Tzu

If I needed a fairing, windshield, stereo and storage space, I would drive my car. Break out and just say no to bags.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 12:55:35 AM »

What makes it low quality to you? I've ridden with many different seats over the years and I don't see or feel anything that would make it seem of poor quality. Most of the people who see the bike compliment the seat and the paint scheme. Real leather not synthetic material is always nicer to sit on.

Take a Corbin, Mustang, Danny Grey or really any of the well made aftermarket seats and do a side by side comparison off the bike.  Check the quality of material, craftsmanship and the weight of the seat.  The stock seat is made of cheap quality materials inside and out.  The design doesn't even allow the seat to be mounted solidly.  Hell, to hold the pillion on you have to monkey with the grab strap and get it just right or it will flop around.  The stock seat doesn't look bad but it's not very functional for butt or back support. To all those that like the stock seat, your lucky to have a butt and back that can take it. For the rest of us, we are lucky that there is now an aftermarket alternative that will literally save our ass.

Cowboy

psdj52

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »

Take a Corbin, Mustang, Danny Grey or really any of the well made aftermarket seats and do a side by side comparison off the bike.  Check the quality of material, craftsmanship and the weight of the seat.  The stock seat is made of cheap quality materials inside and out.  The design doesn't even allow the seat to be mounted solidly.  Hell, to hold the pillion on you have to monkey with the grab strap and get it just right or it will flop around.  The stock seat doesn't look bad but it's not very functional for butt or back support. To all those that like the stock seat, your lucky to have a butt and back that can take it. For the rest of us, we are lucky that there is now an aftermarket alternative that will literally save our ass.

Cowboy

Cowboy,

To each their own. I love the stock seat. As far as the pilon, mine doesn't flop around at all. I have even taken it off and put it back on with no issues at all. It is solid on the bike. No reason in my opinion to get another seat for this bike. But that is why we add stuff to our bikes. To make them our own.

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 02:06:53 PM »

Hi, I just found out that Thunderbike in germany started with making customized parts for the Breakout.
The website is www.thunderbike.de (also in English language) they have on the moment photos of a black breakout who is pimped a lot, see picture attached, they say that they will have breakout seat available beginning September.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:08:46 PM by Breakout »

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 02:24:18 PM »

Hi, I just found out that Thunderbike in germany started with making customized parts for the Breakout.
The website is www.thunderbike.de (also in English language) they have on the moment photos of a black breakout who is pimped a lot, see picture attached, they say that they will have breakout seat available beginning September.

Oh, now some of this I really like.....that rear fender.....and I'll take that speed screen as well  ;D

Thanks for posting this....a new way to make my wallet lighter!

Nice find...

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 04:05:41 PM »

Really nice work!  the pics on the site show what Harley should have done with this bike.  Oh wait, but then they wouldn't make a fortune on aftermarket accessories.  The integrated two-tone combo of gloss black and chrome just didn't work imho.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

mad cow

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 12:44:32 PM »

Of all things, the seat is one of the things I really like about this bike.  It looks nice and seems to be holding up well.  As for comfort, I just made it home yesterday from Sturgis, spending 12 hours straight in the saddle with no gripes.  But, I realize everyone's butt is different.

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »

Love my front seat but the wife hates the pillion. Just got the Sundowner N53400066 which she finds fine just want to get it reduced in height about 1 inch and  have to get it recovered as I have the red CVO - will post pic when done

thedonva

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 10:08:57 PM »

There are several custom seat manufacturers that are willing to take your stock seat and replace the padding with much higher quality padding. Different density foam based on rider's weight and request. some cover top layer with memory foam and/or gel pads taylored to the owner's specifications.  I understand that the feel of the seat is greatly improved while maintaining the original look of the seat.  Just a thought for those that didn't know.

HI - new BO owner and unfortunately the seat is not kind to me.  Do you have any specific recommendations or should I just search online.  I love the look of the BO seat but would like to sit down after a long ride.

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 09:57:17 PM »

Cowboy,

To each their own. I love the stock seat. As far as the pilon, mine doesn't flop around at all. I have even taken it off and put it back on with no issues at all. It is solid on the bike. No reason in my opinion to get another seat for this bike. But that is why we add stuff to our bikes. To make them our own.

X2

Pilion flopping around ?   ???

thedonva

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »

X2

Pilion flopping around ?   ???

Probably has to do with my seating position.  I'm going to have the dealer assist.  I sent emails to two companies to mod the seat, we'll see what happens.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »

The passenger pillion portion of the seat is poorly designed, that is why it doesn't mount solidly.  Flopping around was probably a slight exaggeration but you can grab the front of the pillion and shake it very easily (unless you have the poorly designed grab strap wedged up tight over the top).

Cowboy

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 06:43:09 AM »

Greetings to all.
I am expecting delivery of a 2014 BO CVO sometime this year ...maybe. I am one of the 2013 orders H-D cancelled w/o explanation. I had a thread about this issue.
Anyway, on the seat question. I had a '06 Fatboy CVO. I was never able to do long rides in that bike...because the darn seat. Change seats 3 times...nothing worked for me.
I am very aware that a seat that does not fits me, may fit perfectly to you. Some of my friend rode my '06 Fatboy w/o problem. Therefore, they told me that was all in my head! LOL
However, the seat issue is a deal breaker for me. I love the red CVO BO...but if they have an issue with the seat, I am going to stay away from that bike.
I have an '05 Springer Classic with a seat  from a '03 Springer Classic. That seat allows me to ride an hour or so w/o any pain. After an hour, I do feel some discomfort, but it is bearable. It is the same with my '13 Street Glide. Comfortable for an hour or so...then a bit uncomfortable.
I also have a '09 FLHP and that seat is just wonderful. I could ride all day long w/no problems besides normal fatigue. As you see, it is not that I am a freak-of nature. It is just not easy to find a seat for me.
All comments will be appreciated.

I'm wondering if your problem could be a combination of things that could have an overall effect on your comfort, such as height and distance of handlebars from you, front pegs, etc ..... Hope you find a solution soon.  My '13 Breakout isn't as comfortable as my '11 Convertible in part due to the handlebars and the fact that the Convertible seat is cut more narrow in the front since the frame doesn't have to accommodate a 240 rear tire.

thedonva

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 09:33:38 AM »

I think you are correct.  I'm new to this whole thing so it probably is more than just the seat.  When I ride I like to sit closer to the front and that is probably an issue with the handlebars.  I was hoping to just mod the seat so I sit closer instead of throwing on new handlebars.  At some point I would like to take my wife out but it seems this bike is not really good for two up riding.  In one sense I'm regretting going w/the BO.  I was looking at the new Street Glide last night, might switch to that if there are any left next fall.

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »

I like the rider seat (styling and comfort), the passenger seat is not going to work for riding 2up for sure.  I wish there was another pillion option that matches the OEM styling.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »

I like the rider seat (styling and comfort), the passenger seat is not going to work for riding 2up for sure.  I wish there was another pillion option that matches the OEM styling.

There' say a new option for the breakout, but doesn't fit the CVO style...  You'd have to ask your gf to sit on it and stay there until nobody could see you.... 

;)

thedonva

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »

Stealth fighter seat - ha ha
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 21 queries.