Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: V&H Pro Pipe  (Read 6266 times)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
V&H Pro Pipe
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:56:49 AM »

Was wondering is far as 2 in to 1 pipes go, how does the V&H Pro Pipe rate with other 2 in to 1's in power gains, quality and sound.  I am running Rinehart true duals on a Ultra with engine work. Looking for a bit more bottom.  Thinking on the V&H Stainless Pro Pipe.  ( will also be using a 58mm TB and injectors )
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: V&H Pro Pipe
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 01:45:43 PM »

This is a SS propipe.  The green run is a 103 stage 2 with Tman 555tqster. The blue is a 124 with 662-2.  Completely different builds.  Exhaust really dictates the curve.  I will be retuning the 124 sometime this week hopefully with a Xseries thunder header for comparison.  I know when it was a 120 w/ TH I didn't have the funky dip up high.  I know another tuner that has about the same luck with this pipe. Maybe he can post some data as well.

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 07:38:20 AM »

I have the pro pipe on my built 95" in my road glide.  I like it.  power is really good.  Not up for an even swap for your rineharts are you?
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 08:45:21 PM »

I wont be doing it until the winter of 2014.  Want to get the stainless steel pro pipe. Getting a bit tired of chrome.  Witch one is yours?

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 06:06:32 AM »

chrome.  Im going to repack it first to see if the sound changes.  The power is def. there however.  my bike rockets to 60 mph.  I have lots of motor work done and I think the pro pipe complements the work great.  I do like the look of true duals however.  I think you will be impressed with it.  also,  I think the stainless pro pipe is the high output version.  Do you have a lot of motorwork done?  If not,  you will probably loose power going to it.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:11:42 AM »

Yes I have a bunch of things done. Ported stage 3 heads, pistons, comp is at 10:5:1 balanced and welded crank, 585 gear cams, roller rockers.  Will be adding a 58 mm T/B with injectors, that pro pipe, and a different tuner, prob a Power Vision. ( using PC 5 right now ) Will do this next winter.  I hope the high out put stainless pipe will match my build well? What do you think?

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 10:34:58 AM »

I can sell you this SS Hi out put at cost if interested.  It has been ran on the dyno for about 25 miles.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »

I ran a 120R with our 672 cam and the SS pipe it had a funky dip down low and then did not really make great power. We swapped it for the Rush wrath pipe with 2.50 baffle. It then was making 140/140 but due to crack in the front cylinder it galled the piston. We where to tune the bike only.. Now we are building the engine to correct the issue .  Once done I can post up a back to back..
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 05:49:28 AM »

Sounds interesting.  I do like the fact they have a dummy pipe for the left hand side too.  I like the balanced look.  My bike came with the pro pipe, so I have no idea if it made a difference to the performance of the bike,  im sure it does as the bike pulls hard.  And sneaky hard too,  you don't really realize until you look down and 60mph just jumps at you.  then 80mph is a blink later.   I woul love to fab up a dummy pro pipe for the other side to have two pipes.
Mavericks RC
MFFM