Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 110 Whiney  (Read 3679 times)

CVO 2015

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Re: 110 Whiney
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 12:03:07 AM »

I heard a whine on my 2012 RGU and it ended  up being a rear head gasket leak...Rear cylinder had heated up..
Long story short Harley replaced my entire motor under ESP.....No loss of power was noted, however,  my mechanic stated that if I would ha e waited it was on the verge of starting to lose power and compression at any moment...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 01:34:02 PM »

I heard a whine on my 2012 RGU and it ended  up being a rear head gasket leak...Rear cylinder had heated up..
Long story short Harley replaced my entire motor under ESP.....No loss of power was noted, however,  my mechanic stated that if I would ha e waited it was on the verge of starting to lose power and compression at any moment...

Maybe there is more to this than you’re sharing.  From what you shared the story is lacking in justification for a new motor and doesn’t pass the sniff test.   No way Harley gives you a new motor for a leaky head gasket.   They pull the head and put in a new gasket and if your lucky check the head for warping or pull the head and find other concerns and tear down the cylinder(s) to inspect further.

Are you absolutely sure they replaced the motor?   If so, then you want to know the reason they replaced the motor.    Head gasket by itself isn’t it.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

CVO 2015

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 06:57:39 PM »

Head gasket was the start of the problem...Top of the barrels had a lip on it...push rods were bent after 24d cams installed at 60 k....77k miles on the odometer....I already had a GMR lifters and SE Cam plate (on hand) and bought some SE 585 cams, which were recommended by Don at HDSP...Sent out the heads...replaced the clutch, compensator...

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
110 Whiney
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 07:08:10 PM »

Head gasket was the start of the problem...Top of the barrels had a lip on it...push rods were bent after 24d cams installed at 60 k....77k miles on the odometer....I already had a GMR lifters and SE Cam plate (on hand) and bought some SE 585 cams, which were recommended by Don at HDSP...Sent out the heads...replaced the clutch, compensator...

When you say they replaced the motor, what exactly did they replace as your supplying cams, lifters and camplate?    Thus far i can understand pushrods, cylinders, pistons gaskets?   what are they saying is the reason the pushrods are bent?  all bent or just 1?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:43:54 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

CVO 2015

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 08:18:13 PM »

2 push rods were bent.....Mechanic rolled them and 2 rolled uneven...cylinders, pistons, Head gasket (although) I switched to MLS were all covered...It all started after the sales manager accidentally started my bike and saw a puff come out the rear cylinder...Compress ion checked...Mechanic couldn't get the bike to duplicate it...Then they took out the plugs, sprayed some type of fluid in the motor, and started the bike...the fluid shot another mechanic in the face...Due to my relationship with my mechanic and the same mechanic working on all 3 of our hawgs...He went deeper...He asked if I felt a loss in power..No..He said that I would have if I would ha e kept riding it...

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.