Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: selling my 08  (Read 5293 times)

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
Re: selling my 08
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 10:34:57 PM »

I was trying to sell 02 heritage & had the same deal only from UK. guy wanted to send me a certified chk for 5k more than I was asking by a cetified chk. I said "no way". he sent the chk any how & wanted me to western union 5k to an account in nyc. checked with bank, they said that chk (& 10k more like it ) go thru every day. after you deposit it & it ends up with insufficient funds, your bank comes AFTER YOU & the wu paper trail is dead end. by the way they get acct # from old defunct businesses. ADVICE: don't accept any kind of chk. I don't know about pay pals policy on this type of deal. but a electronic transfer may be ok thru pay pal. if they back the transaction & guarantee it all & safe personal info
good luck! just be cautios
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 11:03:34 PM »

If it sounds like a scam and looks too good to be true remember, a fool and his money or motorcycle are soon parted. If you believe in unicorns, then go for it.
Sell t6 to someone that comes by and looks it over or trade it in.
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

SanJuanRon

• Full CVO Member
  • Way Up High In The Mountains and Down By The Sea!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 11:08:23 PM »

It's definitely a scam!  Had the same scam tried on a friend selling an RV.  SJ Ron :)
2011.5 FLHTCUSE6, Candy Cobalt & Twilight Blue, HCC 14" Apes, V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe Chrome, Stage 1
2009 FLSTN, Tango Orange, Carlini 17" Flying Apes & High Roller Risers/Air Cover, V&H True Dual Pipes/Fishtails, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed
2005 FLSTCI, Vivid Black, Wild 1 18" Psycho Apes, V&H Big Shot Long Pipes, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed, 21/18 Sinister Wheels

HIshaggy

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 06:47:59 AM »

First off, I agree with everyone else that it is probably a scam....

However, if you were to give this a shot -- just transfer the money from your paypal to your regular account.  It takes about 3-5 business days and if it makes it to your bank account safely then you're OK.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 07:26:48 AM »

Sounds way too good to be true.     Scam I'm sure.  :nixweiss:

blacktop

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 - Anniversary #674
    • CVO3: 2021 CVO Limited Bronze
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 07:38:27 AM »

Scam....they send you money from a hacked Paypal account, you ship the item, then the real account holder discovers the theft, reports it to Paypal and the money is refunded from your account. You are out the money and the bike. Only make deals in person, get a certified check, take it to their bank to confirm the money is in the account. This method is still open to fraud but safer - to me at least.

ultrarider123

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 07:56:48 AM »

Ray, don't walk but RUN away from this!  As others have already discussed, it's a scam.  The money they are offering for your ride is just to entice you into the deal.  From your responses, you already feel it's a scam so that speaks volumes to your common sense.  If it sounds to good to be true..... :nixweiss:

Howard

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »

Cash, certified check, cashier's check, money order, etc.    Did I mention cash?   :drink:
Jesus is Lord

Trooper

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2008 non CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2000 Indian Chief
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 10:35:42 PM »

100% SCAM.....Trust your first mind.

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 02:06:48 PM »

Cash is king!! I've had a couple of more text messages from different people, but with the same lines,"Will send money right away give me your paypal info". BULLS%&T!!! No mention of condition or shipping costs, what a bunch of lowlifes.
RayZ

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »

rayz1951, open another checking account with only say $50.00 in it. Tell the potential buyer to do a wire transfer of all the funds into that account, then you will deliver the bike. As soon as the money is in your account then transfer all of it to another one of your other accounts then there is no way he can get it back, or  you could make an appt. with your bank manager, have the buyer meet you there with the cash, and when the manager counts it and confirms it is not bogus money then you can sign the bike over to the buyer. In California we have a non liability  form that you must send to the DMV as soon as you sell something, and I  mean the same day, with a return receipt. That form protects you if the guy doesn't get insurance and gets in a wreck.  I would have the buyer show me proof of insurance before I let him put hands on  my bike. Don't do certified check a con artist can make one of  those on his computer. If he asks to ride it before he buys it  say "No". He can go to the Harley Dealer and ride a used one. Just my 3 cents. CAHDBIKER  P.S. Texting and not wanting  to talk is the first sign of a scam.

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

rayz1951

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »

Thanks for all the info. I concluded this was a total scam and have deleted the number from my phone.
Ray
RayZ

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 06:10:04 PM »

I just purchased a new 2014 Limited and traded my 2007 SE Ultra. Too many con artist; people without the money and so on. I also don't want a bunch of people I don't know coming to my home, looking at my bike. You don't get as much trading in your bike, you do get peace of mind. No hassles, clean and over. I provided ad services to car dealerships most of my working career; you can't believe the stories I have heard, some people will do anything to make off with your goods. They have even been known to harm the selling party, rare but it happens....not worth it to me.

You will love the new 2014 Limited; I was amazed at the difference. I really wonder if pre-2014 touring bikes will take a larger hit than normal. If a lot of touring bike owners start trading in the older bikes, it will effect the market. Would you buy a 5 year old used touring bike for twenty grand when you could have a brand new Limited in black for roughly $25,000? I realize I'm biased, but that will be the big question.

Posted with full respect for all years, just thinking out loud.

Scott

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 06:24:30 PM »

I just purchased a new 2014 Limited and traded my 2007 SE Ultra. Too many con artist; people without the money and so on. I also don't want a bunch of people I don't know coming to my home, looking at my bike. You don't get as much trading in your bike, you do get peace of mind. No hassles, clean and over. I provided ad services to car dealerships most of my working career; you can't believe the stories I have heard, some people will do anything to make off with your goods. They have even been known to harm the selling party, rare but it happens....not worth it to me.

You will love the new 2014 Limited; I was amazed at the difference. I really wonder if pre-2014 touring bikes will take a larger hit than normal. If a lot of touring bike owners start trading in the older bikes, it will effect the market. Would you buy a 5 year old used touring bike for twenty grand when you could have a brand new Limited in black for roughly $25,000? I realize I'm biased, but that will be the big question.

Posted with full respect for all years, just thinking out loud.

Scott

And if you trade it in, you only pay taxes on the difference between the trade and the price of the new bike. Sometimes that is worth it to trade.

BaggerProud

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 banana
    • CVO2: 1994 FXSTC
    • CVO3: 1983 XLX
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 08:43:27 AM »

SCAM ... period! :bananarock:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.