Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle stand !  (Read 5564 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Motorcycle stand !
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 07:37:43 PM »

Question is anyone using a stand to keep the bike up, not using the kick stand.The garage is getting to small with all the bikes and now the car ??  if so what brand or company ??

Don
I had the same problem. I was trying to keep 7 bikes and a Bushtec in the bike garage in Matthews.
I solved that problem by building a 1575' garage in Maggie Valley.
If you want, you could ship a bike over here and I would keep it clean, serviced and
exercised so when you arrive it will be ready for you.
I already have one SE ready there for when Marty shows up
Just a thought.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 08:31:23 PM »

Don
I had the same problem. I was trying to keep 7 bikes and a Bushtec in the bike garage in Matthews.
If you want, you could ship a bike over here and I would keep it clean, serviced and
Just a thought.

SBB

This sounds like a grand plan Don.  In the spirit of "even more help" I've got about 28002 ft of shop space that could hold many more bikes.  You could station one (or more) here as well so you could stagger the rides on your way to Chip's place and back home again.  I also would promise to keep whatever is left in my care (for your benefit) properly maintained and exercised  ;D .

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 09:56:33 PM »

WoW Guy's
Thats a great offer, let me think on that for a year or too! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 10:00:47 PM »

Don
Just a thought.

SBB

I'm curious as hell as to how you managed to finish with an odd number on your sq footage? I'd think that would be an even number.  :nixweiss:  :huepfenlol2:   :drink: :drink:...

*edit* figured out 35x45 comes to that. Brain wasn't doing math as fast as it should of when I posted that.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:05:48 AM by OBB »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

J.D.

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 10:11:42 PM »

Have 2 of these.  Used in the garage and also on a trailer for several years.  Works well, rubber feet keeps it from "walking" in the garage. Bolted it down for the trailer.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1800-lb-capacity-motorcycle-standwheel-chock-61670.html

+1 I have this and it works fine for my garage needs.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »

Don,

I use the Wheel Dock  EZ-UP center stand that mounts to the bottom of the frame. Jim put it on for me. Very easy to use, I can deploy it right from the saddle, no need to dismount. I like it because I always have it with me. Makes the bike easier to clean and store. It's also one less item cluttering the garage.

https://wheeldock.com/collections/ez-up-center-stands-replacement-parts

Mark
Mark, does it scrape before boards in corners?
Alan

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 10:32:56 PM »

I'm curious as hell as to how you managed to finish with an odd number on your sq footage? I'd think that would be an even number.  :nixweiss:  :huepfenlol2:   :drink: :drink:

It's 5' wide and 315' long.  That's why the bikes have to stand on a chock.   All lined up one behind the other with a urinal at the far end.  I wish my shop had a urinal.  My own urinal would be cool  :huepfenlol2: .

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2017, 07:04:13 AM »

It's 5' wide and 315' long.  That's why the bikes have to stand on a chock.   All lined up one behind the other with a urinal at the far end.  I wish my shop had a urinal.  My own urinal would be cool  :huepfenlol2: .
Damn, Makes sense now. Never would have caught that. TY

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 10:18:49 AM »

:-\
Many,  many...........years ago,  my Triumph 650 TR6 came with a center stand.  I liked it and it was very handy.  On a prior bike,  my HD SEULtra Classic,  I installed one of these wheeldock stands thinking it would be the do all.........end all for working on the bike straight up/vertical when cleaning it, etc.

However,  I soon removed it cause of a couple of problems............It's not that easy for an 'ol codger to rotate the 950 pound pig up onto the stand in the first place.  Second,  it's another matter to get the damn bike down off of the center stand unless you have a mounted passenger and are on a concrete driveway to provide the "traction" to drive it off the stand.

In my garage with a painted (somewhat slick) concrete floor,  forgetaboutit..............I now have for the last few years a permanent "burnout" mark in my painted floor where I stood up on the pegs and then dropped my azz on the seat while at the same time.......letting the clutch out in low gear and also ready to grab the front brake..........just to get it off the damn stand and roll it backwards out the garage door. >:(

A final "knock" on that damn center stand would be those parking lot or (some streets) where they put in "speed bumps",  unless you slowed down to a complete "crawl",  the damn center stand would bottom out on those humps.

I removed it and sold it..........................end of story. :drink:

Could it be that you had installed the incorrect one? I ask because they come in different heights for different bikes from factory height to lowered.

When I bought my bike the previous owner lowered it. At that time I experienced SOME, but not all, of the issues you described. As soon as I changed to Ohlins shocks in the rear and returned the bike to it's original factory height, all those issues went away.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 10:25:25 AM »

Mark, does it scrape before boards in corners?

Alan,

No it does not, the boards will scrape before the arm. Trapperdog (Roger Lane) and I are practicing for a Police/Civilian motorcop rodeo in October. Right now we are working on police courses set with 18' circles and U-Turns. I am really leaning my bike waaaaay over to clear these courses. So far I have only scraped my boards.

You have a StreetGlide, which if I'm not mistaken, comes lowered from the factory. If you order one, make sure you tell them this, otherwise you may have clearance issues.

Are you coming to Cody/Yellowstone?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:02:02 PM by Ironhorse »
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 11:05:21 AM »

Could it be that you had installed the incorrect one? I ask because they come in different heights for different bikes from factory height to lowered.

When I bought my bike the previous owner lowered it. At that time I experienced SOME, but not all, of the issues you described. As soon as I changed to Ohlins shocks in the rear and returned the bike to it's original factory height, all those issues went away.
:)
You are correct in that they do offer different heights for models that have been lowered, etc.  My Ultra was stock suspension-wise and I verified that I did indeed have the correct model stand.  My weight ready to ride is only around 160 or so.  I think that is part of the reason i had so much trouble getting it off of the stand (by myself).....not a problem if my wife at 128 pounds was sitting behind me.  If you're a heavier guy,  you likely wouldn't have the same problems getting it both on and/or off the stand as I did.  But,  as a heavier guy,  I would think the "speed bump" problem of bottoming out would be worse in your case than in mine. :nixweiss:

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »

However,  I soon removed it cause of a couple of problems............It's not that easy for an 'ol codger to rotate the 950 pound pig up onto the stand in the first place.  Second,  it's another matter to get the damn bike down off of the center stand unless you have a mounted passenger and are on a concrete driveway to provide the "traction" to drive it off the stand.

I have the EZ-Up too.  I found it difficult to use and stopped using it after I dropped the bike several times in as many weeks.  I think part of the problem was my heal catching on the stand while trying to push it down.

When I ordered it I gave them the model of the my bike and they shipped me the correct version.  I changed the rear shocks to Bitubo which raised the bike up slightly.  The last time I used it (after the new shocks) I was working on the bike on the stand and it almost fell over on me due to the height of the new shocks.  Lesson learned.

Part of my issue may be the related to the walking and chewing bubblegum issue that I have.   ;)

Bottom line, excellent product but just not something I can use safely.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2017, 10:44:08 PM »

Alan,

No it does not, the boards will scrape before the arm. Trapperdog (Roger Lane) and I are practicing for a Police/Civilian motorcop rodeo in October. Right now we are working on police courses set with 18' circles and U-Turns. I am really leaning my bike waaaaay over to clear these courses. So far I have only scraped my boards.

You have a StreetGlide, which if I'm not mistaken, comes lowered from the factory. If you order one, make sure you tell them this, otherwise you may have clearance issues.

Are you coming to Cody/Yellowstone?
Thanks Mark. Unfortunately I can't make it but will look forward to experiencing it reading the post's and seeing the pics!
Alan

Dirt

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Elc Orange/ Black
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 04:58:30 PM »

I use a E Z UP CENTER STAND ON MY BIKE . in the garage or on the road .

ArtvR

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »

I have a center stand for my 2001 FLTRSEI2 that worked great until I converted bike to a trike. I can research the brand if any interest, but I think it cost over $200 and I would give it up for a lot less than that. Needs a good home. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 22 queries.