Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Hiway pegs  (Read 11096 times)

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Hiway pegs
« on: January 27, 2007, 03:14:56 AM »

Any thoughts on these two styles of Higway pegs?

This type you have to drill holes in your floorboards  http://www.aeromach.net/cat_pg1.html   check out their axle bullets...they are pretty cool too.

and the other type as in picture attached. I have seen neither in person so I am a little leary on ordering them online at this time. I do need to stretch my legs and will have to get something.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
Re: Hiway pegs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 04:20:22 AM »

I like this style but i have crash bars on mine would it be possible to mount them on the boards while keeping the crash bars?
Ridin Legend

Miked

• SEFTBY
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 09:28:02 AM »

I believe the one that you show in the picture above are made by Kyurakin, not sure how to spell that.  I inquired about them before.  The dealership didn't drill into the floor board, and later decided that they couldn't without changing the buckshot floorboards out.  So I ended up the OEM mustache bars that have the rubber bads on the top for your feet.  I'm 6-1 and road from Atlanta to Key West and back, it was comfy and a good resting position.  Check out the pictures in the category, nacelle finally completed, mine is the first bike on there, yellow and cobalt.

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 10:51:50 AM »

Kuryakyn Cruisearm III

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:46:57 PM »

Does anyone know if the Kuryakyn CruiseArm MARK IV very similar but bolts onto the frame instead can be installed withour modifications to the chin spoiler?

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3754
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:50:02 PM by noVee »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »

Does anyone know if the Kuryakyn CruiseArm MARK IV very similar but bolts onto the frame instead can be installed withour modifications to the chin spoiler?

no, it says right in their ad;
Extended Cruise Arm Mark IV (pr)
For inseams over 31". Fits '00-'06 FLST Models ([highlight]ex. '05-'06 FLSTSE[/highlight]) Not compatible with Engine Guards.

V, the MarkIII & IV's have been discussed at lenghts and some pictures with the IV's are Here. use the search function when you are looking for something, you'll be amazed how well it works  :o

Good Luck
[size=18]EAGLE1[/size]

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:17:05 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 09:46:39 PM »

Thanks Eagle1, will do from now on.
There's alot of info there!

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 04:24:48 AM »

Does anyone know if the Kuryakyn CruiseArm MARK IV very similar but bolts onto the frame instead can be installed [highlight]withour modifications [/highlight]to the chin spoiler?

Just minor mods. Took me a couple hours for this:

http://flhrsei.org/yabb2/Attachments/Kuryakyn_Mark_IV_7841.jpg
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 02:29:53 AM »

Pretty creative Kona [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

If I cannot find the ones in the intial picture I will probably copy your idea  and by another engine guard if I ever change it in the future.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

oh do you like this?
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 10:50:03 PM »

or this
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 11:17:11 PM »

sorry can not open right picture
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 02:08:38 PM »

i don't think i will put foot pegs on bike.
TOM

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »

[highlight]i don't think i will put foot pegs on bike.[/highlight]

Then why are you hijacking the Hiway peg thread, [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  why don't you start your own thread and title it "Look at my purple passion"  [smiley=pepper.gif]

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 09:52:38 PM »

Here may be the answer!

Check this out at J&P Cycles  http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=7050A0DF-11D8-4D86-98AF-06CB004467E7&search=adjustable%20mustache%20bar&store=Harley&page=1

Adjustable Mustache Bar for 2000-07 Softail® & '91-'07 Dyna® 

A cleverly designed clamp system allows the assembly to be adjusted to fit virtually every rider. The clamps can be moved up or down the down tubes and the bar can be rotated to provide fore and aft adjustment. Accepts any male mount pegs.

I may not have to cut or chop anything  :)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 11:07:32 PM »

Here may be the answer!

Check this out at J&P Cycles  http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=7050A0DF-11D8-4D86-98AF-06CB004467E7&search=adjustable%20mustache%20bar&store=Harley&page=1

A cleverly designed clamp system allows the assembly to be adjusted to fit virtually every rider. The clamps can be moved up or down the down tubes and the bar can be rotated to provide fore and aft adjustment. Accepts any male mount pegs.

Wow that looks intresting, can you post a pic when you have it installed, I'd like to see it on the bike. I also thought of something mounting off the down tubes, but I'm afraid of mussin up the paint in case they ever get removed, whats your thoughts.

EAGLE1

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 04:53:59 AM »

I will post a pic once they are installed. I was thinking once I have determined the exact positioning I will put this hard rubber tape less than 2mm thick on the bar. If the clamps come completely apart it shouldnt be a problem. Hopefully this will be enough to prevent scratching.  We will soon find out  :)
Just looking to see what other goodies I want to order from J&P and have it all shipped together :pepper: 

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 07:50:43 PM »

Excellent therad, I will be waiting for those pics.
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, LEAVE A MESSAGE

2006 SE Fat Boy, Autumn Haze/ Abyss Blue
V&H Big Shots Staggered,HD Bags To Match,
Flush Mount Gas Caps,PC111USB
1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike
V&H Pipes, and lots of other goodies

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 07:21:03 AM »

I too like the looks of that bar, think it would work great, and would be interested in seeing pics of it on.  Are you planning on using the matching Aileron foot pegs?  I used them for the passenger pegs and like the way they look on the bike, so figured I would use them for the highway pegs as well.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 09:48:42 AM »

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 08:44:49 AM »

I have a couple of observations on the Granpa's, which of course are just my opinions.  The mounting location has the advantage of using the stock location at the top of the down tubs where the factory highway bars are designed to mount.  This will prevent any potential scratching of the paint on the down tubs.  The disadvantage of this location is it is only a single mounting location and does not provide much side to side stability for the bars, since it is only a single point of mounting.  The factory bars use two additional mounting locations so do not have this drawback.  The other observation I have is the ends do not look as nicely finished on the Granpa's as on the J&P Cycle's highway bar.  The one thing I can not tell though is the quality of each of their chrome finishes.  My thoughts based on their websites only.

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 12:33:57 AM »

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Reading the reviews of the grampa bars many commented how they protected their bikes when they were dumped.  For myself I I dont like having the pegs that high and legs that close together when cruising. I prefer lower and wider, everyone is different but its what i like :)

I am getting the ones from JP Cycles and will post pics when installed. But the bike mods are on hold until I get back from Margarita Island...where there is a small HD Dealer and fatboys to rent :bananarock:  Gas is 15 cents a gallon and unbelievable oceanview property cheap!  May not come back! Well maybe to ship my SE Hehehe....I've already inquired about shipping  8)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 08:11:47 AM »

Please dont let this thread die.I got crashbars on mine and i hate the look.If someone has an alternative i would love to switch.I like the low and wide position too.Do any of these offer a similar protection as regular engine guards do?If so i would switch in a heart beat. :drink:
Ridin Legend

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 02:30:55 PM »

I too am not real impressed with the looks of the standard crash bars.  Although the HD Mustache bar is better than most.  I think lower and wider will ultimately be the most comfortable too, but have not tried any first hand so really can't say for sure.  And while the highway bars being discussed will offer some protection, I don't think they will offer as much as the three point mounted crash bars.  But for me it is about looks first, comfort second, and protection third.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »

no, it says right in their ad;
Extended Cruise Arm Mark IV (pr)
For inseams over 31". Fits '00-'06 FLST Models ([highlight]ex. '05-'06 FLSTSE[/highlight]) Not compatible with Engine Guards.

V, the MarkIII & IV's have been discussed at lenghts and some pictures with the IV's are Here. use the search function when you are looking for something, you'll be amazed how well it works  :o

Good Luck
[size=18]EAGLE1[/size]

When I tried to visit the extended discussion with the link "here" I was sent to the original temporary screen with no further references. So, I'll put in my two cents again.

The Mark IV's  set up as one of the best mods I have ever done. It changed my riding position from floorboard uncomfortable to extremely relaxed extension of my legs and crusing position. I threw in a picture or two incase you wanted to see it instead of researching the current dead end. (I know it is temporary, no insult intended)

FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »

left and right sides to follow.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 12:49:39 PM »

The Mark IV's are fully adjustable, rotating forwards or backwards depending on inseam. The modifications to extend outword are available and installed in minutes. Now the mod to the spoiler is more work, trust that. I really love the setup without moustache or handlebars or bulky overly outstretched hardware. It's tight, low and versatile.

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 09:13:47 AM »

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
Highwaypegs
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 09:23:32 AM »

I just installed Kuryakyn Cruisearm Mark IV's on my SE Fatboy.No mods required on nose cone,I just used flatheaded bolts installed backwardsand leftout the center brace.They look great and are still strong without that bracket.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

Re: Highwaypegs
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 01:06:11 PM »

I just installed Kuryakyn Cruisearm Mark IV's on my SE Fatboy.No mods required on nose cone,I just used flatheaded bolts installed backwardsand leftout the center brace.They look great and are still strong without that bracket.

Yeah, that's too easy. I think you lose the center support. Have you tried taking off the spoiler, attach the crossbar and try it out? To me it was a completely different ride experience. I kept feeling that one side or the other was going to break free, or cross up or something. That's why I modified the spoiler in the first place. The crossbar is attached underneath the spoiler cover with lots of room there to work with.

In any case, I just wanted to point out the "design" of the cross bar seemed important enought to try it out at the very least.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »

fastboy, wow, sounds like great idea, but i am a little confused, doesnt the nose cone cover the holes where the arms bolt up to the frame, or did you use the hole under the stock floorboards, if you can take a picture please do, i would love to see what you have done.  :2vrolijk_21:  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Thanks
Eagle1

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 08:37:58 PM »

I took off the nose cone,used flat headed bolts like rear fender strut bolt.You put them in from the backside so threads stick out,there is just enough room to gel the nose cone back on with some force.I will get some pics when my bike gets off the hoist.Installing Zipper cam today.

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 08:55:14 AM »

Your mod on the nose cone looks great,if I have problem i will have to do the same.I thought about drilling hole for the crossover but it felt solid,have not had much riding time,still snow up here.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 11:14:01 PM »

fastboy, I had one more question, are you adding the Mark IV's with the stock floorboards, there has been a question if they would work with them, it appears that the OEM floorboard brackets may be too far forward to allow clearance for the Mark IV's

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2007, 09:25:10 PM »

Yes I used the stock floorboards,they just clear the front edge.I have my bike home again will try to get a pic.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2007, 01:29:42 PM »

Can anyone who installed the markIV"s tell me if it looks like this option could stand a minor drop of the bike without damage? Looks like with the mounting on the frame and the brackets they use it could withstand a fall, not at speed mind you.

I install the nostalgic bars on mine now that wify has been riding it but I just don't like the look and would be interested in putting the markIV's on if it would still offer some kind of protection as she has only been riding for two years.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2007, 08:14:44 PM »

Yes I used the stock floorboards,they just clear the front edge.I have my bike home again will try to get a pic.

Fastboy, any luck with those pics  :morningcoffee:

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 07:28:02 AM »

Anyone have some photos of these with the stock floorboards they could post?

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »

Here are my pegs

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2007, 12:22:53 PM »

I have some more pics.

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2007, 12:33:01 PM »

Last pic of mounting,just one round headed bolt in backwards so the theads point to the boards.I've put a lot of miles on and have had no problems without the crossmember in the middle.Most of the time I leave my heels on the boards,so you can switch to brake and shift easy.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 02:44:51 PM »

What brand are those?Can you give us other side shots as well?I didnt quite get where you put them did you have to modify the cone in front?Also do they close? :drink:
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 02:49:13 PM »

I really cant get how you installed it can you get better pics from the side?Especially 3rd pic is a mystery. :drink:
Ridin Legend

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2007, 05:59:03 PM »

Here are my pegs

06fastboy,

That looks really good & it looks like they bolt straight on with out any mods, great job. But I still don't understand how you get around corners on a lowered bike with floor boards!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2007, 06:06:04 PM »

I really cant get how you installed it can you get better pics from the side?Especially 3rd pic is a mystery. :drink:

Altugo,
It looks to me like they bolt straight on to the original floor board mounts a very tidy & neat installation. ( I see o6fastboy has also used those expensive AILERON FOOTPEGS)

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2007, 06:53:10 PM »

Altugo,
It looks to me like they bolt straight on to the original floor board mounts a very tidy & neat installation. ( I see o6fastboy has also used those expensive AILERON FOOTPEGS)

Cheers
Aussie

THATS WHAT I SEE AS WELL

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2007, 07:03:55 PM »

THATS WHAT I SEE AS WELL

Eagle,

looks like you have scored 10 points for that one! (you deserve a beer or 10)

Cheers :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »

Eagle,

looks like you have scored 10 points for that one! (you deserve a beer or 10)

Cheers :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Aussie

Thanks Aussie, I have never had the nose cone off yet, but I was under the assumption from reading the install file from Kuryakyn, that there were tabs welded to the frame to which the arms and cross bar attached, obviously this is not the case, this is too easy  :bananarock: if I feel its weak I'm thinkin that one can make up a couple of small adapter plates that would allow you to connect the cross bar under the nose cone and still give you the extra rigidity without having to modify the nose cone.

fastboy thanks for the insight & pics,  :2vrolijk_21:
I was wondering how much adjustment is availible, you have them pretty low and close to the board, can they go up a bit higher and more forward for people with long legs.

Thanks for all the help

EAGLE1
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:26:58 AM by EAGLE1 »

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:05 PM »

There is 1 hole on the footboard mount that these Kuryakyn Mark IV's use.The only way to use the center crossmember is to cut through the nose cone.The center crossmember doesn't bolt to anything,it just has two nuts that tighten up snug against the outside arms,they just provide outward pressure against the arms.I'm 5'9 and can just barely reach them,this is as far back as they come,you can go forward some.Also they make a set for taller riders that look like they go forward and up more.Mine could hit on hard cornering.Will get more pics in a couple days,right now it's getting Dyno tuned for the Zipper's cams.All highway pegs seem to have their faults but these look pretty good and made the bike a lot nicer to ride on longer trips

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2007, 09:52:37 PM »

Eagle 1 just saw your floorboard pic with the arrows,these are the holes that Kuryakyn uses on all softails with floorboards.The only difference on the SEFB is the nosecone

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2007, 10:12:48 PM »

Eagle 1 just saw your floorboard pic with the arrows,these are the holes that Kuryakyn uses on all softails with floorboards.The only difference on the SEFB is the nosecone

06fastboy,
What about the nosecone? did you have to modify yours?

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2007, 11:54:52 PM »

06fastboy,
What about the nosecone? did you have to modify yours?

Cheers
Aussie

Aussie,  I believe his cone is in tact, :)  he is not using the crossmember which requires modifying it to pass between the two sides, as long as your not going to stand on them, it seems they would be strong enough.
and like I said above you can probably  make your own crossmember by bending up a long u shaped piece of 1/4" stainless flat stock that could sit just under the nose piece and come up and bolt to both sides for added strength

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2007, 12:47:43 AM »

Here may be the answer!

I like what I saw today with the Mark IV's, but the jury is still out for me, this adjustable bar still has my attention as well, hopfully we will see it on Full Throttle's bike. I noticed that they sell that at Kuryakyn as well. decisions decisions  :nixweiss:

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 05:02:45 AM »

Aussie,  I believe his cone is in tact, :)  he is not using the crossmember which requires modifying it to pass between the two sides, as long as your not going to stand on them, it seems they would be strong enough.
and like I said above you can probably  make your own crossmember by bending up a long u shaped piece of 1/4" stainless flat stock that could sit just under the nose piece and come up and bolt to both sides for added strength

The first test I did on the 05 SEFB was without the cross member installed. I don't know about anyone else, but I am on the Hwy Pegs alot and the last thing I wanted was an unstable front end modification. It just doesn't feel right without the cross member installed. Maybe it's just me. IMHO of course.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2007, 10:33:14 PM »

I got a pair of used mark IV's (7841) extended version on E-bay for $85, not a bad deal even though they were missing some hardware. I wanted to get them up to see what they look like but I only had some hex head bolts to use.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2007, 10:36:11 PM »

the arms seem quite strong but the bolts stick out alot

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2007, 10:37:32 PM »

and I was wondering if the nose cone would go back on with these bolts

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2007, 10:39:51 PM »

with only one bolt they are able to swivel a little no matter how tight the bolts are

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »

and my suspicions were confirmed, the nose cone will not go on with these hex bolts.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2007, 10:43:50 PM »

it interferes on both sides and you cannot squeeze it to clear, no way no how

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2007, 10:57:29 PM »

I took one arm off to see the clearance issue with the cone in position, and I believe the flatheads are a must, but flat heads have a tapered head so I think I will have to countersink the bracket to let them sit flush with the bracket and then the cone will just squeak in. I'm not sure if Fastboy did this or not, may be he could chime in, but in any case I will do this in the shop tommorrow regardless. I'm glad I bought a used set instead of new, I would have had a little heartburn drillin on a new set of arms, I dont have any pegs yet, tryin to get a cheap set on E-bay as well, but I'm a little concerned about how much adjustment these things really have, If I dont like my foot placement they may just go back on the auction block.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:24:21 PM by EAGLE1 »

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2007, 12:55:02 PM »

I think it's personal prefernce, I added some to my engine bars on my FLSTS and never used them

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »

I think it's personal prefernce, I added some to my engine bars on my FLSTS and never used them

??? where you commin from bro ??? this thread is about makin em work, not if you use them or not.  :confused5:
Try goin farther than the bar and you just might use em some day  ;)  ;D  :oops:
I know you workin on you post count, keep em commin  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2007, 11:07:41 PM »

OK, We got the Mark IV's installed today, and it was not necessary to use flat head bolts, the Button heads did the job. Its really tight but the nose cone will go back up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 11:09:32 PM by EAGLE1 »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »

the button head bolts touch on both sides but it does slide into place

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2007, 11:10:48 PM »

right side from underneath

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2007, 11:11:50 PM »

left side from underneath

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2007, 11:17:16 PM »

the extended version seem to sit higher, and I think I will like this, I like to rest my heel on the board and streach my toes out to the mark IV's. since i'm not using the center brace I think this will put less weight on them and keep them from taking too much stress.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2007, 11:18:11 PM »

other side

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2007, 11:19:45 PM »

I think they are high enough where they will not have any scraping issues

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2007, 11:21:59 PM »

I think I can get them to go another 1/2 inch higher by putting in the set screws and jackin them all the way up

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2007, 11:24:56 PM »

I need to try them out and see how i like this position, they have lots of front to back adjustment but not mush up down adjustment

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2007, 11:25:30 PM »

last one

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2007, 04:00:06 PM »

Eagle thanks a lot very informative.Now what do i need to get?List goes as this:
Boss bags
Mark IV
Another set of Ailerons
Corbin seat.
Damn OCD  :drink:
Ridin Legend

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2007, 10:09:40 PM »

Eagle thanks a lot very informative.Now what do i need to get?List goes as this:
Boss bags
Mark IV
Another set of Ailerons
Corbin seat.
Damn OCD  :drink:

I went for a  great ride today, 350mi through some nice back rodes of WI, and I got to tell you I'm in Hog heven, this set up is Da Bomb,  Everythang is Dialed on the comfort side, now I'm ready for some serious trips  :2vrolijk_21:

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2007, 04:00:02 AM »

Hey Eagle get a detachable windshield and your all set. :drink:
Ridin Legend

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2007, 10:42:21 AM »

I've put a 1000 miles on now with the Mark IV's on, they are still tight.They make a world of difference in comfort.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2007, 08:40:40 PM »

I've put a 1000 miles on now with the Mark IV's on, they are still tight.They make a world of difference in comfort.

Thanks, for you help fastboy, I would have never pushed the button and bought a pair if it wasnt for you showing me how easy these things attached, no need for center support whatsoever as long as you dont stand on em, and the extended ones work great for me, The Beer is on me if we ever cross paths  :2vrolijk_21:  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

CVO Dean

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2007, 11:06:13 AM »

Eagle1 how tall are you?  I am 5’9 with a 31 inseam and was wondering if I would be able to reach?

Your opinion

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »

Eagle1 how tall are you?  I am 5’9 with a 31 inseam and was wondering if I would be able to reach?

Your opinion

I am only 5’10, my inseam is only 30", and I got the extended reach arms anyway, I really think its the way to go. I keep my heels on the board and just rest my toes on the pegs and I can strech out very nicely and getting back to the controls is quick and easy.

Glad to see ya joined up Dean  :2vrolijk_21:

ric97

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2007, 02:53:04 PM »

Eagle1: how have the Mark IVs been holding up? Would you consider them strong enough for holding the weight of your whole foot (not resting your heels on the floor boards)?

Kona76: how can I modify my spoiler cone? (myself that is...pretty straight forward?)

Thanks

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2007, 07:09:42 PM »

I put my legs over resting on my ankles all the time,after 2000 miles no problems.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2007, 08:19:45 PM »

Eagle1: how have the Mark IVs been holding up? Would you consider them strong enough for holding the weight of your whole foot (not resting your heels on the floor boards)?

Kona76: how can I modify my spoiler cone? (myself that is...pretty straight forward?)

Thanks

They are pretty strong, I wouldn't stand on them but they will support your whole foot, its just more comfortable the way I have them set up. I'll get a pic to show you.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 21 queries.